4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Arts & Crafts

Old 05-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #31
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
hmmm.. this seems like the thread for me to ask....
My hands tingle almost constantly., my arm (the left one) will go completely numb and I loose all control and feeling in it. It doesn't happen very often, but I have dropped plates, cups, almost dropped a candle in glass at walmart (luckily it slammed onto the self and didn't break). A friend told me it was nerve damage and I have had back pain ever since my epidural 12 years ago. I have had trouble with my ankles going out since I was 12ish and it moved to my knees around 17ish. No doctor will check it because i'm only 30. Any ideas?
Old 05-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #32
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have scoliosis which eventually causes the vertebrae to push on the nerves. I get that tingling and weakness sometimes.

I started going to a chiropractor because my neck really hurt a couple of years ago. She keeps it under control, and taught me some things to do. The tingling and weakness are rare now.

I think you might want to check it out to make sure it's nothing serious. I love my chiropractor. You can do that, physical therapy, live with it, whatever you want as long as it's not a serious thing.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #33
teri88

I know for a fact that if it wasn't for my chiropractor I would not be walking today. Tingling and numbness are signs of nerve pressure, and that is exactly what chiropractors fix.

I've found a miracle for my low back and hips. You know those big blow up exercise balls? I lay on my back and put my ankles up on the ball. Then I gently roll the ball side to side, so that my hip comes up off the floor and goes back down. I can not tell you how this simple exercise has helped me. I do it 10 minutes 3 times a day. When I first started I could barely get up off the floor when I was done. It has improved my circulation, reduced my pain.....wow! I'd recommend it to anyone who has hip and back trouble.

Of course I'm in shape. Isn't round a shape?
teri88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #34
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Traci, I have some of the same symptoms you describe, and I thought it was my neck. I have scoliosis, too, and have had neck problems for many years. My arms will tingle and hurt up to my shoulders. Turns out, from a nerve study that was done, it is all caused by carpal tunnel pressure in both hands, and a little tennis elbow in my right arm. They said there is no nerve damage, yet, and that I need the surgery to relieve the pressure, and that should solve it. I have put off doing anything until after Melissa's wedding. Then I will get another opinion and review options. The chiropractors I saw could not help this and had suggested that it could be carpal tunnel, but I did not believe it until the nerve study. Hope this helps.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #35
Nina

My mom has crocheted for years, and she made me an American flag afghan which I love! I started crocheting a few years ago, and I've made each of my kids and grandchildren an afghan. I had to stop because I was having so much trouble with my thumb popping and cracking and aching. It's fine now, so maybe I will take it up again! Winter is a good time to crochet, and I find it so relaxing!
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #36
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I would love to have an American flag afghan, but I've never learned to knit or crochet. Not sure I would have the patience for it...lol. I bet your afghan is beautiful.