4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 01-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We know what is wrong!!!

I didn't post that Gary had another very bad breathing difficulty spell night before last. It just seemed that I was always posting about his poor health, so I just didn't say anything. Anyway, he awoke Sunday night (early Monday morning - 1:30AM) and couldn't breathe. I did a nebulizer treatment, and it helped a tiny bit - but he spent the rest of the night in the lazyboy chair. I called the lung doctor's office at nine on Monday, but his doc was not in the office. They said they could get him in Tuesday (today) if there was a cancellation. They called me back in a bout an hour and we had an appointment at 2:00 on Tuesday (today). He has felt crummy and really unable to even walk from house to car without great difficulty breathing. I was VERY worried about him.

Well, I am happy to report that hubby's doctor apppointment was GREAT!!! He is having bronchospasms! They are sure it is from spending the week in Oklahoma where the wind was blowing so fiercely everyday. They said the combination of dust and new pollens probably kicked up his asthma. However, for whatever reason it didn't present as typical asthma, no wheezing at all, just spasms. THat is why it was so hard to diagnose - it just didn't look like asthma.

So, he's on 10 days of Prednisone and some new inhalent for his nebulizer. They gave him a nebulizer treatment in the office with the new med and he is a NEW MAN - he can breathe SO MUCH BETTER. I think some of it is psychological relief that now he knows what is wrong, and that it can be FIXED - but you know whatever works!! WHOOO HOOO!

Last edited by gja1000; 01-13-2009 at 03:16 PM.
gja1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Gayle, thank goodness you finally know and he is getting treatment. I was praying for you and him today, so maybe along with all the prayers of others on here, it helped. So very, very happy for him and for you!!! I know this has to be a load off your minds and so glad the treatment is helping him so very much. Wonderful, wonderful news!!!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
2tiredmom

Oh My Gayle. That is wonderful news. Finally. I'm so glad they figured it out and he's back on the mend. Your still in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
What a relief....I'm so happy they figured it all out. It probably had him more worried and scared than you know...poor guy. It's a very scary feeling not being able to breath well, so I'm glad he's feeling better!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Don't you just love it when they know what's wrong and can actually do something about it?? I'm so relieved for you both!!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
Tiramisu

Awesome news! In addition to the meds, actually knowing what's wrong helps you feel better, too.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

What a big relief!!! I'm so glad that the doctors finally figured out what was happening to your husband! Not only is your husband breathing a lot better but, I assume, you are too!!! Wonderful news!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Thats wonderful news that they finally found what was wrong with him. I am glad he is feeling much better. I know it has to be a strain on you also so you take care of yourself.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks so much, you guys!! You are the BEST!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #10
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I'm so glad they figured it out. What a relief that must be! YAY!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #11
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Wonderful news, so glad they found out his problem.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Well Gayle everyone said it all!! So happy the dr. found out what it was and were able to treat. What a relief!!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thank goodness Gayle. I know it had you both worried.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote