4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Great night :)

Well most of you know that I have been seeing this guy, Scott, for a couple of months now. He had told me from the start he wasn't ready to rush into a relationship, and at the time I felt the same way. We were just going to feel it out and see how well we fit together before jumping in to a relationship. But for the past few weeks, I have had friends saying to me "There has to be a reason he's not dating you yet" because I started feeling like we ARE ready to be in a relationship, but he wasn't saying anything about it. He likes me, I know that for sure. He does anything to make me happy. He has driven to my house at midnight to give me a hug just because I'm feeling sad. I am not used to anyone being so attentive to my feelings, but I love it.
Last week, we decided we should go skating. I used to figure skate, and teach figure skating, but I haven't been on skates in 3 years. He got my skates sharpened for me last week, and last night I decided we should go skating. He picked me up and took me to the skating rink by the river. It's beautiful there! There were quite a few people out because it was a gorgeous warm night. I was so nervous I was going to suck, but I got the feeling back pretty quickly When I used to skate, I would just live for putting on my skates and having it be just me and the ice... it's weird to explain but no matter what was happening, if I was skating everything was okay. He gave me that feeling back last night.
After an hour we stopped on a bench to rest, and we were cuddling and he talked about his friend who called him a couple of nights ago, and she told him he needs to hang out with her and "bring your girlfriend too" And I didn't say anything, and his voice got nervous and he was like "Tonight, I want to go home after skating, and sit in front of the fireplace and drink cider, and be able to call you that" And I thought I heard it wrong and I was like "Call me what?" and he was like "Call you my girlfriend... if that's okay with you" And I got that butterfly feeling through my whole body... It was like I was 14 and getitng asked out for the first time!
I am so happy to know he's feeling the same way I do... And I made him promise me that he didn't feel pressured at all into saying that, because I want us to be together because we both want it. He said he wasn't pressured at all... he has been thinking about it for a long time and just wanted to wait for the right moment. Well he definitely got the right moment!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
2tiredmom

Oh how romantic. You go gf. I hope it all works out the way you want it. He sounds like a keeper. I wish you all the best.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wow! It's like a scene from a movie!!! He sounds so sweet.

I'm backing you up on this!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you both! I'm really happy for the support. It has been a long time since I was in a good relationship, and I really just want everything to go right this time. He really is a good guy, so I want it to work out!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

He sounds like a really nice guy, Lindsey!!! Just remember to go slow and make sure that this is "the one". Good luck!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I can't say it any better than the others Lindsey!!! You know I always wish you the best!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

These darling women said it all.. Sooo romantic ! good luck!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:39 AM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Lindsey, he sounds very sweet, hope this all works out for you!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote