4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Reuger.....

Poor little Reuger, my yorkie, has been scratching and scratching something awful. I did some looking on YT a while back and ended up putting him on children's Benedryl for allergies. It just wasn't working and the scratching has just been driving me nuts. I can't imagine how Reuger felt.

Well, today I took him into the vet and had him checked. I had found some signs that he had worms over the weekend so he has meds for that. The vet said that he also has flea dermititus and he's recommending that I put him on a different flea control formula. It's called Comfortis and it's suppose to kill fleas in 30 minutes. The vet said that it's better than Frontline Plus and not as expensive. We also got him caught up on his shots. I have a wonderful vet for Reuger and he's a friend of our family. He always likes to visit about my FIL.

I've tried to find different stuff to try and make him more comfortable but nothing has worked. His fur isn't very soft unless I've just washed him but he does have a cotton coat. I haven't noticed any fleas lately but we had an awful time with them this summer.

I hope that he gets better. I just feel like I'm a bad Mom for letting this get so bad.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Poor little Reuger! Can you give him an oatmeal bath? I found this website for natural remedies for the itching:

http://www.nativeremedies.com/petali...html#question4

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Poor Reuger!!! I use Revolution and have never had a problem with fleas for any of the dogs. Penny is out more than the Yorkies, but still no flea problems.

I sure hope he starts feeling better soon. I know what it's like having a flea bite, can't imagine how annoying it would be for a dog. Get better soon Reuger!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I use Comfortis on my dogs and it works like a charm! Hopefully your baby feels better soon.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:27 AM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

We use Frontline and Sentinel. I really like the Revolution, but our vet quit using it. He said that it's found to not be 100 percent effective for heart worms. However, one of the vets in his office confessed to me that they still use Revolution for their personal pet. Never heard of the Comfortis, but think I'll ask about it next visit. If it's more effective and less expensive, why not?!

Hope Reuger feels better very soon!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
DianaB

Thanks everyone. I just hope he gets better soon. I was trying to do everything I could think of to help him quit itching.

Right now he's sleeping alot. I think that it's from the two shots that he had. He's still scratching a little but not nearly as bad as he was. Poor little guy!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Wish I knew of a sure fire cure for him....I hate that he's still itching some. I bet an oatmeal bath would feel so comforting! I am going to ask my Vet about the Comfortis, I mean if it's cheaper. But is it just for fleas or heartworm AND fleas?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
DianaB

He's not scratching much at all, but he is sleeping alot. I think that one of his shots causes him to be tired. If he keeps itching I'll check into the oatmeal bath.

I need to talk to the vet about the Comfortis because it doesn't say anything about ticks.......and we have ticks. It won't be less expensive if I have to get a separate something for ticks, if they even make something like that. Hmmmm........

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Diana the aveeno oatmeal shampoo is great to use for their bath. My vet recommends it and I am sure its soothing. Poor baby I hope he is feeling better in no time..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Oh Poor Reuger!!! I hope he feels better soon!!!