4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 04-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #16
HALEY

Thanks Marilyn, i been looking for other jobs, i also called my old boss, he's on vacation he said he will call me when he gets back monday, i sure hope so, 4 days a week working sucks,,, i have a family now. been doing everything to cut down on costs.. got the cc paid off, Mike and i are going to stop smoking which will save us 500.00 a month.. i can't cut anymore than i already am....
Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 AM   #17
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Haley, I wish you much success with the stopping smoking. You can do it if you are properly motivated. My hubby tried every stop smoking method available. Though Chantix wasn't yet available at the time. He finally quit cold turkey at midnight New Years Eve 1997. He began 1998 as a non-smoker. He hasn't had a cigarrette since, and he was a 3 pack a day smoker. If he can do it, you can do it.

He said one thing for him was to realize and tell himself that he was no longer a smoker. He wasn't a smoker trying to quit, he was no longer a smoker. That was in his past, over, done. If you work to develop that mind set the day after you quit, it may help.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:46 AM   #18
HALEY

Thanks Marilyn, i know it's going to be a battle with the withdrawns, but i am so ready, i want to break the habbit, i want to smell nice again instead of an ashtray! I want to be able to push Micah up this darn hill by my house without having to stop and catch my breath... I want my white teeth back, and nice breath I miss my nice skin, oh the list goes on! There so many thoughts going thru my head, i'm getting so ready for this... This time i will do it.... I have my mother quitting, my brother, my girlfriend and my hubby so we can all help each other...
Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
2tiredmom

Sorry Haley didn't mean to butt in on your thread. Thanks girls.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #20
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tiredmom View Post
Sorry Haley didn't mean to butt in on your thread. Thanks girls.
No problem i butted alot of threads myself I hope your husband finds another job soon, i don't want to think about Mike getting laid off, i would go nuts right now...