4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Red face Only 1 more week

Today i went for my follow up from my back surgery and as of Aug 3rd i am released to go back to work, with restrictions of course. I do feel better although i am still walking with some what of a limp due to numbness in my foot which tends to wear me out faster but i will have a sit down job so i can't use that for an excuse. As much as i hate to go back i know i really need to, i have not had a check since i have been off and with having to pay for my ins. at work and kid's needing $10 here & there and some needing $100's (Janet knows what i am talking about) and just everyday living on 1 pay check, well when you start dipping into what ever kind of savings you might have it gets kind of nerve wracking cause it takes forever to be able to replace that money.
I do have one concern and i have an app with my regular Dr about this but thats not till Sept. i weighed myself today at the Dr and i am down to 88#, now i am not a big person and usually weigh around 105 so it's not a dramatic loss but i can see the results on my body, my arms, face, butt ect. are all wrinkled from loseing the weight and i don't like it.
I am eating and had hoped to see a small weight gain but there was none, i don't want to weigh more than i did either ( i know stop complaining LOL ) but what has me concerned is when i went for my pre-op test they found a spot on my lung, one Dr said have it checked out again in 6 months (to long for me to wait) another said it was COPD, yes i need to stop smoking and would in a heart beat if i knew for sure what was going on.
So anyways i have 1 more week off, i have to get myself back into my routine of getting up in the morning and staying up and going to bed at a decent hour, and make the best of this last week off. I definatly did not get to spend as much time doing things with Janet as i had hoped to but we did get 1 shopping trip in, and i did get some things accomplished around the house, i still need to shampoo carpets but the Dr only said i could run the sweeper which i had already done. Dr's don't know you can't go 4 weeks without running a sweeper LOL ....Lynne
Old 07-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Lynne, I think you going back to work is bumming me out as much as you. I am worried about your weight, but I've already told you that.

Can you get in to another Dr to have the spot checked out?

You can always quit smoking anyway ya know....
Old 07-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Lynne, I'm glad to hear that your back is better. I'm sure the numbness will go away as you continue to heal. Your weight loss bothers me. Losing 17 lbs when you don't have it to lose isn't good. With resting and not being able to do a lot I would have thought that you would have put some of it back on (anyway I would have!!!). However losing weight has never been my problem and I swear that I can gain just by smelling sweets and fattening foods!!!

As for the spot on your lung, I'd probably insist that the doctor take a look at it now, or in a couple of months, and not wait for 6 months especially if it's worrying you.

It seems like the time has flown since you had your surgery and I can't believe that you only have a week left!!! I hope you enjoy your last week!!! Maybe you and Janet can do something special again this week. I'm sure that it will be hard going back but we can understand about needing the money. Hugs!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Janet

Quote:
However losing weight has never been my problem and I swear that I can gain just by smelling sweets and fattening foods!!!

Diana....I really do think we were separated at birth!!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lynne,

I can't believe you are going back already! Make this week wonderful. I would definitely go see Janet as much as possible if I were out there.

I am also concerned about your weight loss. Please check it out.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Diana....I really do think we were separated at birth!!!!
Probably so!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Lynne go get another opionion I would not wait 6 mts . down the road. Losing weight for no reason is not good. I don't want to scare you, I am just concerned.. Better to check it out soon don't wait , just for your own peace of mind..

Enjoy the rest of the week off and I agree with Diana the numbness will wear off in time... Feel better and get together with our friend Janet . Enjoy!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Have a wonderful week!!!! I'd go get the spot checked, too. No since worrying, best to know.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:34 AM   #9
Janet

Well Lynne....there ya have it....most all say we need to get together...soooo...... what cha want ta do? Maybe get our carpets cleaned????? LOL