4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 09-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #16
lovePINK

Thanks so much, to all of you, I really appreciate your good thoughts and advice...I am relieved to hear no one thinks I am meddling cause I really try to stay out of things with my children and there spouses, but red flags were flying up everywhere, and I could not dismiss them.

My son dated this girl for 2 1/2 yrs. with living so far away, I would only see her when they came for a visit or we went there, and I never noticed anything amiss, but since they were here for 3 weeks, there was No hiding her true self for that long. While my son worked her maternal grandmother watched her till recently, then fiancee took over.....I have told my son since Iz will be in all day kindergarden, why doesnt she go back to her other grandmas after school so they can spend a lil time with her..(my thought to keep the one on one to a minimum with new wife) I also but a lil bug in other grandmas ear on how nice it would be for her to have Iz a lil bit through the week, without going into detail, and I think it may happen, I will be in seventh heaven if it wworks keep your fingers crossed for me and Iz...

Thanks again everyone!
Old 09-06-2009, 03:49 AM   #17
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Hey Maggie welcome!! Great to have you with us.

Sorry you are having to deal with this situation, i dont have grandkids... but can imagine your frustration.
It's pityful that a grownup woman is reacting to a little child this way, you would think she has more between her ears!!
Talking with her on skype is a great idea!
Hopefully your son will see exactly whats going on soon, im sure he will as soon as the "honeymoon weeks"wear off.

Crossing fingers for you girl, keep us posted.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:11 AM   #18
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovePINK View Post
Thanks so much, to all of you, I really appreciate your good thoughts and advice...I am relieved to hear no one thinks I am meddling cause I really try to stay out of things with my children and there spouses, but red flags were flying up everywhere, and I could not dismiss them.

My son dated this girl for 2 1/2 yrs. with living so far away, I would only see her when they came for a visit or we went there, and I never noticed anything amiss, but since they were here for 3 weeks, there was No hiding her true self for that long. While my son worked her maternal grandmother watched her till recently, then fiancee took over.....I have told my son since Iz will be in all day kindergarden, why doesnt she go back to her other grandmas after school so they can spend a lil time with her..(my thought to keep the one on one to a minimum with new wife) I also but a lil bug in other grandmas ear on how nice it would be for her to have Iz a lil bit through the week, without going into detail, and I think it may happen, I will be in seventh heaven if it wworks keep your fingers crossed for me and Iz...

Thanks again everyone!

Brillant idea!! Let the maternal grandma get involved.. After all why should she be shunned out... I am sure she is hurt if she does not see her granddaughter and this way you can communicate with her. Just don't give too much infor on your daughter in law to be fair, unless you see mistreatment of your granddaughter of course.. Good luck and keep us posted!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote