4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 11-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #1501
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oops....sorry, Judy!!! It was Lindsey that's painting her bathroom!!!

I just got a call from the dr. office on some blood work I had done on Thursday. My A1C is 5.4!!!! That is so great!!! Last time it was 8.2. The doctor wants it below 6.5 so I'm way beneath that!!! My diet is so good for my health!!! They also checked my lipid or cholesterol levels and they were all within range!!! Yay!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #1502
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That's wonderful Diana!!! You're doing such a great job taking care of yourself!!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #1503
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

It's so nice to catch up with everybody! I wrote the longest post last week, but I must have pushed the wrong button because it disappeared Anyway...

We went to our friends ranch last week. It's in the Hill Country, not too far from where Gayle lives. It takes us about 7 hours to get there, but we make plenty of stops along the way. We got there Thursday, and Mike had hunted for about an hour when he killed his deer. It was a big 10 point, and we decided to get it mounted with a skull mount.

We didn't come home until today. There were some things going on in Marble Falls..a pretty little town near the ranch.. but I really couldn't walk as much as I thought I could. My leg and foot was swelling, so I stayed off of it as much as I could. It didn't swell near as much on the way home as it did on the way down there. I HATE to have something wrong with me.

So, what is everybody doing for Thanksgiving?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #1504
DianaB

That's disappointing, Betsi. I'm sure you were excited to see what was going on. I hope your knee gets better soon. Would a wrap help the swelling?

For Thanksgiving I think that we'll be home with the kids. This is the year that my Mom and all of her sisters have Thanksgiving in Texas and I would like to go but Glen said that he will still be harvesting and he doesn't like to leave until he's all done. I really wanted to go this year because we didn't go last time (they get together every other year). So that means that my Mom and step-dad won't be here.......just us and the kids.

Damon seems to think that he may be out of jail by Thanksgiving but I don't think so......if he is then Dae Lynn will be going to his family's because my family is mad at Damon and it wouldn't be a pleasant day. There are three people in my family that......well........oh, never mind. I'm upset too but still....he is family.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #1505
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Our kids are coming on Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so I'll be cooking the traditional feast, except the turkey. Everyone wanted a smoked turkey, so I'll just be heating that up. They will leave to go back to Houston Friday morning, so Gary and I will head to the deer lease at that time. We'll stay till Sunday, so it will be a nice holiday!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #1506
Janet

This year I'm not sure what we're going to do. I use to go to Mom's, then I started fixing the meal for Ricks side of the family. We no longer get together with his side of the family at the holidays. They all go in different directions now. I wouldn't go to my younger brothers house and my older brother hasn't asked. He did tell me his daughters would be there. So....I could fix dinner for the three of us like I did last year, but that was a lot of work for just the three of us. We have talked about going out to a restaurant, but not sure which one. It's going to be a whole different kind of Thanksgiving from what I've grown up with. Guess I need to be deciding what we'll be doing.....it's coming up real quick.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #1507
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Mike and I have had to make major holiday adjustments since our kids moved away and our parents died. We always had big celebrations on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas day. Last year we had Christmas dinner at a Chinese restaurant by ourselves. We just wore our santa hats and made the best of it, lol! We are having Thanksgiving on the Saturday after with my brother and family across the street.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #1508
DianaB

Last year at Christmas it was different for us too. We had celebrated the day before so the kids could go to their inlaws. I spent a lot of the day in tears........just remembering how things used to be. I found out that my sister-in-law was going through the same thing so I may check this year and see what they're doing. We may see about getting together with them and playing cards or something.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #1509
DianaB

Not much going on today. Just Dean and I at home. He's been getting into sooo much!! I can't tell you how many things I've had completely dumped out......cereal and chips!!! He's getting tall enough that just putting things on the counter isn't working. He can reach around the edges so things have to be scooted back. Plus the pantry door has to be kept shut and it won't shut completely........I guess that maybe I should work on getting that fixed!!

We had The Alley last night. Amy has the kids divided into 4 teams now and they were each given a roll of aluminum foil, a roll of plastic wrap, and a roll of toilet paper, plus they could use any other supplies found at the church. They had to use one person plus ALL of the supplies they were given and make something pertaining to Thanksgiving!!!

The team I helped decorated a boy as a turkey.......another team decorated a girl into an Indian....complete with a tomahawk!!! The younger teams had a Statue of Liberty.....that was darling!!! The young boys team had a boy wrapped up like a turkey that was baked in foil and then they wrapped up three boys and they were baked potatoes to go with the turkey!!! It was so much fun!!! Amy is so creative!!!

Oh....I forgot to mention that we had SNOW yesterday!!! It didn't last for long but really came down pretty good for a short while!!! I was in town so I ran to the store to get stuff to make homemade hot cocoa mix. The kids have been wanting it so I figured I'd better get it made if we're going to have weather like this!!! They love Grandma's hot cocoa!!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #1510
Janet

Not much going on here today either. I came home and went back to bed. I have a bit of a cold, mostly sinuses going crazy and a little pressure behind the eyes. Couldn't believe I slept a couple of hours....shocked me...lol. I do feel a bit better since my nap so hopefully whatever this is won't last long.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #1511
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Pretty boring at my place too. I guess this is the calm before the Thanksgiving storm. LOL!

Oh, I have a damned bladder infection - I haven't had one in 15-20 years. Dang it!!! I was able to run see my nurse practitioner (NP) before my class this afternoon and then got my antibiotic on the way home from class this evening.

When I called for an appt. this morning, my NP didn't have any appointments, so I had to get one with the doctor - who is fine, but I much prefer seeing my NURSE! She just happened to stick her head in the waiting room and she saw me. She motioned me back and asked me what I was doing here. When I said I had a bladder infection and she didn't have any appointments, she said, "duck into this room, I'll take care of you" WHEW! I was so glad. Also, she was on maternity leave when I had my laryngo-pharengeal (GERD-like) issue (making me cough when I ate), so she asked me about that and when I told her it was bothering me some now, due to (in my opinion) all the stress from mom breaking her leg and all the subsequent surgery, rehab, etc, she agreed. She looked at what the doc had put me on and said, "Oh, you are on the wrong med" She gave me samples of a better med - one that my daughter has taken and my other nurse practitioner friend told me about - and hopefully it will help. It is long acting - and since I'm having my problem in the evening - it should help a lot, hopefully.

I was so glad to see her - almost glad (but not quite) I had a bladder infection that brought me to the office. She said if the new GERD med works, to let her know and she'll get me an RX.

Welp, that's the sum total of my exciting day. LOL!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #1512
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm going to Jessie's for Thanksgiving. It will just be us, and maybe my ex. She makes a full out traditional Thanksgiving dinner. She wants the kids to have that. She is such a good Mom, and a wonderful daughter. I'll either bring stuff, pay for some of the dinner, or ????

I was supposed to go to the doctor today to see how my eyes are healing, but there were snow flurries as I was driving. I was near Jessie's house, so I turned around and went there. I called the doc and made another appt. for Tuesday. Wouldn't you know it stopped snowing within half an hour! I wanted to go to TJ Maxx and JC Penney's in Schenectady too! I'll go on Tuesday. Something to look forward to! Maybe I can stop at a Walmart too. I love Walmart!!!

Tomorrow I am going to see Mackenzie sing. Jessie forgot to tell me until today. This is not like her, and it worries me.

I hope you feel better, Janet, Betsi and Gayle!!!!

Where is Sandy? Yoohoo Sandy!!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #1513
Janet

Didn't do much today. Still not feeling the best with the sinus crap. Also missing my Mom and for some reason today....I've felt angry. I think I know the reason, but it still doesn't make it go away.

I have some options for tomorrow, there's an auction, flea market in Kokomo and a flea market here. Not sure which one I want to go to, if any. Just have to wait until tomorrow and see what I feel like doing. Sure wish you ladies lived here so I wouldn't have to go alone.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #1514
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I would love to go with you, Janet!

Mike and I just rode around today looking for some fall leaves. It's been so dry here that the leaves aren't very pretty. We stopped in Jefferson, a cute little antique town about an hour north of us. We ate lunch at a place that has cornbread sandwiches. They are delicious, and they have great pie, too! It was a beautiful day, but still a little cool to put the top down on my car
Old 11-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #1515
Janet

Well...let's see...what did I do today??? When I got out of bed I read the morning paper, drank my coffee, had some toast and orange juice and then started cleaning this house. Didn't do any deep cleaning, just dusted, ran the sweeper and mopped the kitchen. Then I filed my ugly broken nails and took a long relaxing bath. Then.........I planted myself on the couch and didn't hardly move. I was here by myself and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Still have a bit of the sinus stuff and a slight cough, but don't feel bad at all.

Tomorrow I do need to go to Mom's and check and see if there is any mail...most of it comes here now, but some slips through and then go buy a cheap cordless phone. The one in the kitchen doesn't work anymore after I banged it on the table in anger. Guess that will teach me, huh?