4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 11-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #1516
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I drove home from the deer lease today. Gary went on Friday and I drove up yesterday. It is a nice drive and I only went because Gary wanted me to help him get things set up for a few days' stay. He'll come home on Tuesday.

It is a really pretty drive, this time of year. The drought has really brought out the colors of many bushes (sumac) and other trees. The color is the best I have ever seen in Texas. Too bad it is caused by the drought.

The little town near our lease was just bustling with activities. Gary bought a new hunting gun :roll eyes: in the little town and I would imagine no less than 5 employees thanked him for his business. He bought the gun because it is shorter and lighter than his gun and thus, easier to climb up into the deer blind with it hanging on your shoulder. He didn't really need it but it didn't cost too much and so why not. We also try to buy all the things we need for the deer lease, plus our groceries, etc. in the little town. I know they need the business.

I drove home this morning and am trying to get the house straightened up from all the stuff I brought in. I did some Christmas shopping too, at the little local store, mostly stocking stuffers, but now I need to put away all my bags and stuff.

I'm going to the Texas women's basketball game here in just a bit. The game is at 2:00. After the game I have GOT to go to the store and do the rest of my thanksgiving dinner shopping. The game will be over about 4:00, so I should have plenty of time. I need to stop by and see mom too. Everything will be easier since Gary isn't here and I don't have to worry about taking care of him!

Last edited by gja1000; 11-20-2011 at 10:41 AM.
gja1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #1517
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

On Friday I had a great day at work. First thing in the morning it was "Payday Breakfast" with French toast and bacon. I didn't have any because I wasn't hungry but the office sure smelled good lol! At lunch time, a girl had arranged a shoe party in the basement. I tried on a couple of pairs, but I thought Scott would probably kill me if I bought another pair of $50 heels! But it was fun anyway! At 4:00 we had happy hour, as we do every Friday. I didn't have a beer, but I did have a long talk with a coworker and go to know him better! So yeah... I still love my new job haha

After work, we picked up my grandma and went for supper. We went back to her house and relaxed for awhile, and then my uncle came up (he lives in her basement suite) and we played Canasta for awhile. My cousin (and bridesmaid) was coming into the city that night for a conference Saturday, so when she got in, we picked her up at her hotel and went to the movies! We saw Jack and Jill, with Adam Sandler. It was good!

We got back to my grandma's at 1 a.m. to pick up Layla and head home! Then I collapsed in bed! Too much excitement for one day lol.

Saturday I painted the OTHER bathroom. Today Scott is finishing putting the chair rail back up over the wainscoting. The room was really dark brownish red, and now it's grassy green. I think it looks much better!

I also brought out Christmas decorations today and have been busy decorating the house The tree will go up either tonight or next weekend.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #1518
Tiramisu

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster and have too much on my plate again. I literally told my boss to get a grip and stop taking her frustrations out on me. She said we need to talk ... At 730 tomorrow morning. I get my carport, stove top and oven Tuesday morning

Jeff, abby and Sarah came in and he did lots of work on the house. House repairs are totally done, just lots of painting left. I have too many projects started.

I'm going to Laura's for thanksgiving, just for the day. I'm off work Thursday and Friday, so I'll be thankful to get a few more walls painted. I'm moving so slowly, but my neck and shoulder won't take much.

I am thankful for all of you.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #1519
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Yesterday Rick's 90 year old aunt was visiting her sister (Rick's other aunt) and invited us to have a Thanksgiving meal with them and his cousins. It was really nice visiting with them. One of his aunts is from Schenectady, NY but recenty moved in with her daughter and her husband in S. Carolina.

When we got home Rick got an attitude. He hadn't drank all day until he got home so I'm sure that had something to do with it. (Diana....please tell Dae Lynn it's really not worth it).

I work today and tomorrow and then off the rest of the week. So glad HE only gets Thursday off.

Sandy, I'm glad you finally said something to your boss. Maybe things will start to get better, at least I hope so.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #1520
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Mike and I really didn't have anything to do today, so we went to Longview..our "go-to" town about 45 minutes from here. We went to the movie and saw J Edgar. Then we went to Red Lobster. Oh, we also got dog food, lol!

We are supposed to get a thunderstorm tonight. It's still so very dry here, that every drop helps! Hopefully the temperature will drop some, too.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #1521
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hey Betsi, how was the movie? I've been thinking about seeing it.

I'm trying to get ready for the kids to come tomorrow. They won't be here till late. I made my noodles for thanksgiving dinner, they are laying out all over the table drying. My house is pretty much picked up and clean, I just need to get my cooking done, but there really isn't much more I can do tonight.

I have to take my mom to the doctor tomorrow, just a followup check for her leg. It's at 8:45 though, and the traffic will be terrible cause it is across town. Then I have a meeting at school at 1:30, which should last till 3:00 and then I am done!!! I'm not going in on Wednesday as I want to see the kids and I'll really need to cook on Wednesday!

Well, now for the bad news. Gary wrecked the pickup today. He's fine, in fact he was sitting still and someone else hit him, so technically HE didn't wreck the pickup, but he was in the wrong, so it was his fault. He thought there were two lanes going in the direction he was going, so he was in the right hand lane (which really was the shoulder of the road), and a truck turned right and scraped the side of the pickup. He says it's pretty bad (he's still at the deer lease) I haven't seen it yet - but it is drivable, so that is good. He'll be home tomorrow and we'll have to take it to the estimator when I get home. Just what I need, another problem!! It will be OK, of course, just a minor hiccup - could have been so much worse.

Last edited by gja1000; 11-21-2011 at 08:23 PM.
gja1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #1522
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry, but I haven't had time to be on here. We're getting ready for Thanksgiving. Cleaning is done and now we're getting all the cooking done that we can ahead of time. I'll set down on Friday and catch up on everything!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #1523
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Busy day, kids here, cooking, out to dinner with everyone, a little shopping with Abigail. A good day!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #1524
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have been busy but I can't even say with what! I just feel like I've been so run down but I haven't really gotten anything accomplished.

I don't know why, but I checked my facebook right before I left work today, and saw a local rescue is promoting "adopt a senior month" and they featured two little senior dogs, best friends. They are a bichon mix and a yorkie mix, and they need to go to their new home together. I sent the link to Scott before I picked him up, and we talked about it on the way home, and when we got home I filled out an adoption application. Whether they think we're suitable or not, I hope they find a good home. We have been thinking about adding another for a couple of years but we got off track when Layla had her back issues. Now that we're handling that, I think we might be able to add to our family. Even if Layla can come into town with us every day, the other two could stay home and not be lonely. Scott is talking about installing a doggy door already. Of course, whether we get them or not, I think whatever happens is meant to happen.

Tomorrow after work, my "profit centre" is having our own little holiday gathering, by having a bowling night! So that should be fun. I think it's glow bowling.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 11-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #1525
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oops double post

Old 11-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #1526
Janet

Today I spent most of the day alone. The guys went hunting till noon and then went back out. We had a small supper and now Rick is asleep on the couch, Ricky is playing video games and I'm in bed on the computer. Aren't we an exciting bunch???

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow, but Saturday I'm pretty sure I'm going shopping with a friend in Lafayette. I know it's going to be a crowded mess, but we're gonna give it a try. I'm not really looking for anything special yet. Only have to buy for two this year. Maybe something will catch my eye.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:54 AM   #1527
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Happy after Thanksgiving!!!

I had a lovely Thanksgiving at Jessie's. The kids helped her with all of the cooking the day before, so she wasn't harried. Dinner was so delicious! Then, we relaxed and watched a movie, and I went home. It was just us and my ex. He is here, in his house, a lot now, and it is fine. The kids were adorable, and we had fun. Mackenzie "window shopped" online, and emailed me about an outfit she liked. I ordered it, but won't tell her! I keep saying, "maybe I did, and maybe I didn't!" I have been going to TJ Maxx and Target lately, and always look for things for her, so I guess she figured I was hankering to buy her some clothes. I was!

Some of my summer friends are here for the weekend, and it has been wonderful seeing them. Susan came over yesterday to visit, and I hd dinner at Debby's last night.

I think the kids are sleeping over tonight, but I do want to go over to Jessie's friend's before they come. She opened up a beautiful little shabby chic shop on her land, and is having open house. Besides, it is Small Busines Saturday, and I want to buy something there. I have been shopping this month! Not expensive stuff, but it adds up. The weather has been so nice that driving to different towns and shopping is nice.

So...life is good!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #1528
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We have two extra little doggies here today for an overnight visit. It looks like our family is probably going to be growing by two..

Old 11-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #1529
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Lindsey- That's so exciting! Does Layla like them? How old are they?

Judy- I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! Is your ex remarried? I'm just being nosey

Gayle- I'm so glad Gary wasn't hurt!! Now you get to deal with insurance and repair shops...fun, fun.
I really didn't like J Edgar that much. It was interesting, but boring We went to see the new Twilight movie today. It was pretty good, but I think the next one will be better. I want to see Courageous. I think it comes out this weekend.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #1530
Janet

Saturday was such a fun day for me. I went shopping with my friend Diane. She had a list made out for her nieces and nephew. It was fun shopping for little girls, such cute adorable things. We laughed so much and caught each other up on so much.

We ate our lunch at The Olive Garden and it was so darn good. We ate until we were rolled out of there... Then we went to Mulberry to the nursing home to visit with her Mom for a little while and then she took me home. I really enjoyed getting out and doing something fun with someone fun.

Today....I slept until 9:45...I couldn't believe it. I was asleep by 11:00 I know. I did wake up around 4 a.m. and went to the potty and then just layed and listened to the rain...I love that. Then...that's all I remember until 9:45. So today...I didn't get a whole lot accomplished, but then again...I didn't really try to. I just lounged around and enjoyed a rainy day.