4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 05-20-2010, 05:36 AM   #151
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

This is so wonderful! I know my heart is calmer, so I can just imagine how you feel!

I am so proud of little Layla!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #152
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I am still on a rollercoaster and I still cry a little most days. But I'm really trying to be more hopeful. I didn't see much change in her yesterday so I don't know if there will be more improvement today or not. I am just praying and praying for her deep pain sensation to return.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #153
paula1961

I'm still praying for Layla!! And also for you and Scott. I pray that things are back to normal as soon as they can be. It's just going to take time as you already know. Let us know how she does today. Hugs to ya Lynsey.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #154
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you Paula. I will update this afternoon when I hear from the rehab vet. I gave Layla another pep talk on the drive in so maybe it will work again! I told her to please make the doctor smile again about her progress. I don't know if Layla liked my talk because she pooped in her crate and some of it fell through the back and onto my back seat. I found the little piece in the backseat after dropping her off and already driving on my way to work. Or maybe she's just mad that I'm leaving her there again!

It's a long weekend so I'm not sure if we can take her back to rehab Monday. If not, I have a Reiki session lined up. We may do some more swimming at home this weekend and I'll work with her as much as possible.

I don't know if I mentioned this here, but I ordered an adorable pink stroller for her, and the part she sits in comes off as a carrier, and also straps into the car with a seatbelt. I'm not sure that I'd use it in the car, but we can take her out for walks with the stroller. Carrying her up and down the stairs in the house will be so much easier in the carrier than it is in her crate! So I'm excited for it to come. It was shipped from New Jersey yesterday I think so we'll get it in a couple of weeks hopefully.

This is the one:
http://www.petgearinc.com/product_info.asp?id=20

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 05-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #155
paula1961

That stroller will be a big help to you I think. It's also adorable!! I saw a lady with one of them at a campground. She said she and her two doggies loved it!!

Sorry Layla pooped in your car lol. Maybe she is just a little po'd at ya for leaving her again. They can be mischevious little buggars
Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #156
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Tell me about it! Yesterday she pooped in the car on the way to work, pooped at work in the afternoon just as I was taking her out of her crate for exercises, and pooped again on the way home from work We're not sure if she knows she's doing it or not, so we may start expressing that for her too just so we know when it's there and avoid accidents!

I'm sure taking her out in a stroller around town is just going to confirm my "crazy dog lady" status with all the small town gossip, but I don't care too much anymore. I just want Layla to be happy!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #157
paula1961

I don't blame ya one bit! Let 'em talk Layla is the most important thing right now!! I think the stroller will be great for her and especially easier for you to transport her in. You can actually take her out for walks which in turn is going to make you happier by being able to get out of the house and still have her with you I hope it comes in very soon!!
I know you take her to work with you but being able to take her out at home will be completely different. I think you'll feel much better.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #158
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's so perfect! I hope it comes soon! Screw the neighbors

Old 05-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #159
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Layla now hasn't progressed at all since Wednesday. The vet said she's still doing good though and she's very happy and "talkative" and everyone knows who she is and everyone stops to say hi when they walk by! That's my girl!

About the laser light therapy... she doesn't feel comfortable doing treatments on Layla because there haven't been enough studies on it. But she said the studies they have done on rats have looked very promising. She said we wouldn't hurt her feelings if we wanted to go for it and went to another vet for the treatments, just as long as we let her know so it's in Layla's file. I have read a lot of stories where laser has helped tremendously in dogs so I'm leaning towards it. I think if I don't try, I'll always wonder if it might have done something. Actually, the college doesn't even have the right kind of laser for this type of cell and nerve stimulation. But lucky for us, there are only TWO of those types of lasers in all of Canada, and one is in Saskatoon! Actually at the same clinic we took Layla for acupuncture while the college vet was gone. So it looks like I may be taking more trips back there again.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #160
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think that I would do the same Linds. Is it very expensive? I hope not. Don't worry that she hasn't progressed since Wednesday. Sometimes it comes in spurts.

How wonderful that she is happy though! That is what is really important. She is also probably everybody's little love!

Still praying!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #161
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have no idea how expensive it is yet. I'm going to call today and find out and book an appointment. But something amazing happened last week.... out of nowhere I got a letter from my lawyer in the mail. I opened it and there was a cheque for just over a thousand dollars from taxes I had paid for my condo before I sold! It was completely unexpected and will be put to good use with Layla.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #162
paula1961

That is wonderful Lynsey!! Layla is a very lucky little girl to have a Mommy that loves her like you do! I am just so happy that you got that money and right when you probably needed it most! See.......God looks out for us!! I truly believe that.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #163
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm believing it too Paula. I don't think it's coincidence that I came into a lump sum of money (profit from the condo) the EXACT DAY Layla needed surgery, plus this extra just now. I think it's a sign that we're supposed to be getting all this help for Layla, I think it has to do some good.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #164
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I haven't posted much lately, but wanted to let you know that I think of Layla often and I'm keeping her in my prayers.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #165
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you Janet. Every prayer means so much to us!

Layla is going in for her first laser treatment on Tuesday morning at 9:00. I am excited for it! I've heard such good things about this holistic vet, so I will be happy to finally meet her.

I am so thankful that Scott said he would stay home with Layla for a few hours so I could go into the city today. I went to Walmart on the edge of town and bought groceries and flowers and some vegetable seeds for the garden! If it wasn't so rainy and miserable today I'd love to get a start on some gardening. Maybe it'll warm up before I go back to work Tuesday.

I think it is good for me to get out and get my mind on something besides taking care of Layla for a little while. This morning I brought her on the bed to do her exercises, and then I just curled up around her and cried and cried and cried, and she was ferociously licking my tears away. How backwards that she is the one comforting me.