4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #1651
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Glen had bought scuba stuff before Christmas but it wasn't in so the scuba shop loaned him some things to go. He said that he was actually very warm in the water except for first going in. The suit allows a little bit of water in next to the body then your body keeps the water warm therefore keeping you warm. He was given a hint to first fill the suit with warm water then your body doesn't have to warm it and you don't get cold. He and Logan both had a good time and were laughing and joking by the time Teresa and I caught back up with them. I'm glad......I was so worried about Glen's feet getting cold expecially with his diabetes.

Teresa and I had a great time shopping. We went to a little shopping center that had a huge Christmas store. We didn't get anything there but did find some other things in some of the other stores. Then we went to Tanger's mall and shopped. Branson is known for it's outlet malls and Tanger's is one of them. Then after lunch we drove to Springfield......stopping on the way at an antique store. Soon after that the guys called and they were on their way back to Joplin so we headed that way too and we both got there about the same time. We went and ate at a Japanese Steak house and it was really good!!

For New Year's Eve we went out to eat at a nice steak house then went back to our condo to visit until midnight. We used to do so much with Logan and Teresa but we kinda' drifted apart with us both being so busy with our families so it was nice to reconnect again. It helps that they finally have a little granddaughter so we spent a lot of our time talking about our grandkids!!

I'm sure that with the guys being "scuba buddies" that we'll be spending a lot of time together in the future!!

Ok.....now to get ready for tomorrow and our Christmas with my family!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #1652
Tiramisu

Spent NYE at the Kemah boardwalk with Laura and her bunch. It was a blast as usual. Was actually driving, alone, at the stroke of 2012. Cooked my pork loin, cabbage, cornbread, and blackeyed peas for Laura and gang to join me for lunch today.

Still have my cough and sniffles. My throat is sore, but not on the inside, on the outer gland area.

No resolutions ... Only a goal to enjoy the year and the extra day we get.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #1653
DianaB

Resolutions!!! I've been so busy that I completely forgot about making any!!! I think that I'll make one to continue on my diet......and to read my Bible more!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #1654
Tiramisu

I feel rotten today. Didn't get to sleep until around 3 and can't seem to get started this morning. I've had this crud for two weeks and I'm worn down.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1655
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Same here Sandy. Still have a bit of a cough...not too bad but it's been a couple weeks now and it is as you say...wearing me out. Still have no energy. What have you been taking for it? I ended up at the Dr and he put me on antibiotic and Robotussin with codeine cough medicine. Didn't work near as good has it had before. Feel better soon girlfriend!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #1656
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

i've got the respiratory crud too and feel lousy. I'm trying to clean as we have relatives coming in tomorrow for a couple of days on their way to South Padre for the winter. We were gone last week for my regular housekeeper's day to clean so the house is dirty. I'm not used to all this cleaning! But it doesn't help that I don't feel good!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #1657
Tiramisu

Took mucinex for about a week, then treated it like an allergy. Now taking stuffed something. I won't sleep again tonight, but I'm crashing on the couch. Yuck
Old 01-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #1658
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I finally got my house cleaned up - took me all day. I worked a little, rested some and worked some more. I didn't feel good this morning at all. I had to take a nap though, so I'll probably be up all night . Now I'm watching football, there have been some good games on today.

Sandy, I hope you start feeling better soon and you too Janet. I feel a little better this evening.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #1659
Tiramisu

Took my nap and am feeling worse. Must go to work tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #1660
Janet

Sandy I hate to hear that. Maybe if you can get a good nights sleep you'll feel better in the morning.....at least I hope so.

Today has been a bit stressful. Ricky and a friend left at 7 this morning to drive about an hour away to some car/trucks part salvage yard. He didn't call or phone at all until finally around 3 this afternoon we called him. The roads were bad and there were reported accidents all over the area they were going. All we really ask of him is to check in with us. To let us know he's okay. He's 21 years old now and needs to show some consideration.

Another sore spot is the friend he took with him is only 17 years old. We wish he would find someone older to hang with, but says all his other friends are at work or work different shifts. It just makes his dad and I a little uncomfortable.

He's also spending money when we told him he needs to pay his school loans off first. We just can't seem to get through to him. We are just a bit upset with him right now and now he's upset with his dad because his friend will have to find some place else to work on his junk vehicles and not in our garage. So....... I was hoping there would be no drama for awhile, but it seems I can't escape it. Sometimes it can be so hard being a parent, but I'm sure you all already know that.

Last edited by Janet; 01-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #1661
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I can imagine that you were really worried with the roads being so bad. Sometimes kids have no concept of what it's like to worry about someone. Nope, no one is going to work on junk cars in my garage, not gonna happen. I would have put my foot down too. Being a parent is really stressful sometimes. I hope things get better.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #1662
Janet

Thanks Gayle....oh I'm sure it will get better. He's a good young man....he just doesn't always think....oh crap......he's a man....it will never get better........roflmbo!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #1663
DianaB

Ricky is just showing his independence since he's turned 21. They don't understand that Mother's worry at ALL ages of their lives!!

As for the friend working in the garage on his car.....I would just let Rick handle it and then it's not your problem. You can stay neutral and not have to deal with Ricky being upset at his parents.

We had our last Christmas party yesterday. My poor Mom......Only my brother showed up from his side of the family. I know that she was disappointed. She had already passed out her Christmas money so I'm sure that was part of the reason that they didn't come. At least most of my family was here and we still had a good time. The kids ended up staying all day.

We bought Jaci a camcorder when she was young and her and the kids used to make commercials and skits in the basement and record them. She brough a bunch of the disks and we watched them off and on all day. I laughed so hard!!!! I'm soooo glad that we did that!!! We also watched some of our 8 mm tapes of when the kids were little........I just wanted to cry at all of the time that has passed. The kids were so dog gone cute when they were small and it was so wonderful to hear their baby voices again!! I wished so badly that I could go back and hold them one more time!!!

I'm so ready for Christmas to move on......we've had enough!!! Now for some craft time!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #1664
Janet

I love looking at home movies. I had all the ones if when I was little put on tape....now I need to have them all put on DVD's. To hear their little voices is the best thing isn't it?

What crafts are you going to do?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #1665
Tiramisu

Feeling a bit better right now, but so tired, at least it was a quick day.