4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #2011
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Thanks so much for all of your support. Dae Lynn and I have talked many times and I don't know how much longer she's going to deal with Damon. Things are very stressful. I guess he threatened to leave the other day and was not only packing his clothes but Karlie's too. He knows that taking Karlie would hurt Dae Lynn so much and is a threat to hang over her head. We talked to Glen about it this morning and before she tells Damon to leave....if things should ever come to that.....she's to call Glen, Feyn, or Jason, first so they can be here. She actually doesn't have a legal claim to her but we won't have her used as a pawn in all of this. Once Damon is settled then he can have her but he's not going to uproot her in anger.......unless we can find a legal way to keep her.

Glen and I are going to leave in the morning with Jaci and Nate and go to Glen's sister's in Nebraska. He bought some equipment up there and we need to go and get it. Not sure that I really want to go but it will be fun with Jaci and Nate. I still have some hurt feelings about Glen's Mother's things and how they were left to ONLY her daughters. Nothing has still been done with her house OR her things.......they are still the way they were when she died......and it's been over a year ago. It still hurts that my kids were not considered or my brother-in-laws kids......so they are completely left out. Oh well.......

We've got rain! It's so nice to know that we won't be going into spring dry especially after a fairly warm winter. In fact we may have some light flooding. It's also cooled off so I turned a heater on in the greenhouse. I'm enjoying the greenhouse. It's a nice place to just get away from all that's going on in the house. So far I have some geraniums started and tomatoes. I have some other things as well but for some reason they're not coming up......I may have to replant. I have some long planters and have lettuce and radishes started as well and they're getting bigger!! Next I'm going to start dividing my ferns and get them ready to set out for the summer. Fun.....fun......

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #2012
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
We have been having the most warmest weather for March. I'm not complaining (yet) but it's been in the 80's. So nice, because it hasn't been humid. This weekend it's going to drop to the 60's, but then head back up on Monday. We haven't had spring yet...lol.

I've got most areas cleaned up so I can plant. I'm so afraid to plant anything yet because, after all, it's still March and we've had blizzards in March. I'm really anxious to plant some flowers this year. Ricky is even wanting to plant a garden. So, I hope we can. Once he moves, if and when he moves, I'll have something to help keep me busy. We found another house $30,000 cheaper and it's really nice with a 3 car garage. Here is a link: http://listings.listhub.net/pages/LR...ationsinfocorp

It's farther from us, but he would only have to drive about 15-20 minutes to work. So we are still talking to realtors and looking. The one before and this one are his favorites. He especially likes the first one I posted a link to, but likes that this one is $30,000 cheaper. He knows it's a first home and as he gets older, married etc. he'll probably want something else later on in his life. The are both great starter homes and long term homes.

Not really a whole lot going on here beside looking a different houses. I did post that I had a pedicure...loved it and just plain decided it was time for me for a change.

Diana, I wish I could make things easier for Dae Lynn. I can't believe he's already threatened to leave and take Karley. As for myself....that would be the only threat I'd allow, next one he can follow through on it.
Wish I had a bit more to tell you.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #2013
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have been reading but not posting much lately!

Betsi, I am so sorry about your son. I hope they get things figured out with his lungs soon.

Judy, let us know when you find out if Brandon is feeling better! He's been going through so much. Poor kid!

Diana... I think if I were in the same situation, I'd be acting like Glen as well. I'm sure he feels protective of Dae Lynn and he probably thinks she is not being treated how she should be treated, and I agree there. I know Damon has problems, and you are a saint for looking through those problems! I don't think I could. With him threatening to leave with Karlie, that is just wrong. He is trying to hurt Dae Lynn. Maybe at this point he feels like he can do anything, and she will always be there, because she has been through everything so far.

Janet, those houses are very nice!! The prices I think are much different than here, because you can not even buy a small empty lot in town for that much So they seem like fantastic deals to me!

We had spring last week, I didn't have to wear a jacket outside and almost everything had melted, and now we're back to winter. It has snowed for a couple of days and it's getting worse now because the temperatures are warm enough for rain too. Monday night we had a rain storm, followed by hail and then snow overnight. The roads were so bad in the morning we almost didn't come to work. It has been one of the warmest winters on record but it still just drags on lol... I am ready for spring!!!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #2014
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Nice house, Janet!! I love the big garage and I'm sure that Ricky would just love having that!! It looks so nice and clean and ready to move into!! I also like that the price is lower and will be better on Ricky's budget!!

Thanks so much for your phone call this morning!! It's always so nice to chat with you......even if you woke me up and I had a terrible raspy voice!! I know.....I know.....I should have been up anyway!!!

Lindsey, thanks for your concern for Dae Lynn and our situation. It is so stressful but I know that one way or another it's going to work out. If nothing else it's a lesson on being careful about who you date because you never know when they can become the one you love. I also know that if this marriage fails that she will be much more careful in the future in who she dates.

We made it to Glen's sister's house yesterday evening. It's quite a drive!! Eight hours!! Besides Jaci and Nate we also brought Daya......and Jaci and Daya together......well.....let's just say that by the time we got here I was ready to get out of the car!! They both ate candy and you could really tell it!!! They are so goofy!! Daya doesn't have a lot of friends because she's so quiet and content to just be by herself so it's nice to see her having fun......and Jaci always acts younger than she really is!!

All of them are outside and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet here in the house. Brenda's farm is full of animals and I wish that you could meet all of them!! She has an African Grey Parrot? and he talks alot. He hasn't started yet but I did hear him ask for a cracker!! He'll start talking when he gets used to us. She has two shiztus (?) and two Australian shepherds, I think, two Irish wolfhounds, miniature donkeys, ducks, geese, cats, horses.......and probably even more!!! It's an interesting place to be! I brought my kindle so I'm planning on sitting down and doing some reading!! Oh.....and I have a bag of sunflower seeds......Ah.......I'm set!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #2015
Janet

I always love chatting with you too girl!!

After the afternoon route, Ricky and I went to look at the other house. Without beating around the bush....the place was a dump. Cigarette burns all over the carpet, plumbing problems and who know what else. I thought in the pictures the grain bins were a little farther back behind the house and that was not the case. Ricky was not impressed at all. So...we are definitely marking that one off the list. We all still like the one closer to us the best.

Tomorrow will be my last day before Spring Break. I'm so glad. Even though I was off so much for my neck, I couldn't do much without being in pain. This time I can do what I want...for the most part. So I'm anxious to get started deep cleaning and cleaning the carpet. So many stains, it's too embarassing to let anyone come in so if someone pulls in the drive...we go out before they get to the door if we know them. Hope I can get alot done.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:26 AM   #2016
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm glad you will be on spring break, but PLEASE, don't overdo it!!! Your neck issues are not cured, they are just calmed down!!! You could cause a re-injury or aggravate the problem. I know getting things neat and clean is really important to you, but I don't want that pain to return!

One of my Yorkies, Rex, brought in a dead baby bunny last night and laid it on my bed . Oh thank you so much for the present, Rex! It was very very small so I think it wasn't very old and am wondering why it was out of the nest. I shut off the doggie door so they couldn't go out till this morning and I went out with them. They ran directly to a hedge row we have at the back of the yard, and that is not where a bunny nest would be so I'm not sure how the baby bunny got there, if that is where he found it.

I'll be going back to the lake with Gary this afternoon. He had his followup with the heart doc Wednesday and he had to get some more IV lasix but not as much as he had to get the week before. His kidney function was better this week. Whew!
Old 03-23-2012, 04:34 AM   #2017
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh and I forgot to say that I mowed the lawn last night, and now I have a rash on the side of my face. I do not think we have poison ivy anywhere in the yard, but I did use my hand to brush off some grass clippings, and of course, there are some weeds in the yard right now, so maybe there was some weed oils that I transferred from my hand to my face. If it doesn't get any worse, it will be OK. I washed it with some of my poison ivy wash and rubbed it with vinegar (a poison ivy home remedy). I sure hope it goes away.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #2018
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I'm sick and tired of doing power points and essays
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #2019
DIANE W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I always love chatting with you too girl!!

After the afternoon route, Ricky and I went to look at the other house. Without beating around the bush....the place was a dump. Cigarette burns all over the carpet, plumbing problems and who know what else. I thought in the pictures the grain bins were a little farther back behind the house and that was not the case. Ricky was not impressed at all. So...we are definitely marking that one off the list. We all still like the one closer to us the best.

Tomorrow will be my last day before Spring Break. I'm so glad. Even though I was off so much for my neck, I couldn't do much without being in pain. This time I can do what I want...for the most part. So I'm anxious to get started deep cleaning and cleaning the carpet. So many stains, it's too embarassing to let anyone come in so if someone pulls in the drive...we go out before they get to the door if we know them. Hope I can get alot done.
Janet.... sorry about the condition of the second house, if i am honest though i really didnt like it as much as the first one - you know the one i am moving into!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes paying extra gets you a whole lot more, even though he could have fixed the house up, i like the layout of the first house better. You never know you may find something else.

I come here every day and read up on everyone..... dont post much though, but i will try to do more, i feel i know everyone, and it is just great to be part of such a friendly group.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #2020
Janet

I'm glad you're here. Things are kind of slow, but with summer and FB, I sure hope everyone remembers to come here.

I liked the first house better too. All three of us do. As soon as he finishes the loan app and sees what kind of credit score he has we'll know more.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #2021
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am so glad you are here too Diane. I hope you do post more, it's wonderful to have your perspective from across the pond! I mean that very affectionately too!

I am back at the lake with Gary for the weekend. The weather is just glorious. We roasted weenies and made s'mores over the campfire last night. The weather was just perfect. I posted some pics on FB, I can't post pics here from my iPad. Hopefully I will remember to post them from my computer when I get home. The wildflowers are absolutely glorious this year. The only problem is that the tall grasses are so tall that sometimes you can't see the wildflowers. I will try to take some pics and post them next week.

We had to move the trailer and dump our holding tanks this morning. That is usually an adventure, but everything went smoothly. We don't have sewer hookups at our campsite. Gary has been here for three weeks and so the tanks were full. We have this little blue 20 gallon tank on wheels that you can dump your holding tank into and then pull it tot the dump station with the pickup (so you dont actually have to move the trailer like we did) We didn't bring it out here so we had to move the whole trailer which is almost as easy. We always have trouble with the portable dump tank. Some of our funniest trailer camping stories invole the little blue portable dump.

We talked awhile this morning with a couple who just bought their trailer and they are on their maiden trip. Yhey were fretting about making mistakes. We were telling them that we have been camping for 13 years and we still do silly things sometimes, . Everyone does silly things when pulling, setting up, and camping in a trailer. It just happens.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #2022
DIANE W

Thank you Gayle...... I love rading how everyone is, and i will promise to post more.

Janet, i will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well with the house for Ricky, please keep us updated.

Well this weekend we are at our holiday home, (we call it a static caravan its 40ft x 14ft, it remains on its permaneant site, which we love as all the people are so friendly,and chat when passing).It is located in a lovely quaint little villiage, right by the river, we are also about 7 miles to the seaside, as well as other lovely places to visit. We came yesterday, and will be here until tomorrow night.... then its home to get ready for work
The weather here is just lovely, we went to the seaside today and took Harvey for a walk on the sea front, ate some fish and chips on a bench, then had the car washed.

I am thinking about planting out my baskets, we have 6 around the decking of our caravan, last year they were lovely, so i am going to choose the plants wisely again, they got lots of admiring glances. I am relaxing now, with a lovely glass of wine, but i have just eated a naughty cream cake

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #2023
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diane, that sounds just lovely and so relaxing! Our little get away home (that we pull around) is 8X22, so your place sounds like a mansion! You're location sounds so nice , cozy, friendly and homey. The weather has been very good in the states too. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this nice winter/spring is not just lulling us into a false sense of security about the coming summer. Last summer was the worst I can ever remember, so I'm hoping this summer does NOT match it.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #2024
Janet

Saw this on FB posted from Indiana Weather Online. Sure hope it's not going to be an awful summer.

IndianaWeatherOnline

Closely watching the potential for what could be an agricultural disaster in the making. Some of our medium range forecast models are indicating a shot of Arctic Air penetrating into the Ohio Valley by the end of March and beginning of April. It is possible that we could get several nights of a "hard freeze" which would severely damage the vegetation that is already in full bloom thanks to the record breaking temperatures we have seen the past several weeks.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #2025
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, my grandad used to tell me the biggest snow storm at his farm in Oklahoma was May 5. I always sorta thought he was pulling my leg or remembering incorrectly. But I was looking at some weather archives for OK, and lo and behold, there was a recording of 14 inches of snow on May 5th, in the 1940's. So, it could happen. We sometimes have a freeze after things are bloomed out. The leaves or flowers just fall off and usually come back later. But we never have a "hard" freeze, nor several days in a row, that late. I sure hope it doesn't happen in IN.