4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 11-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #211
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Tell Gary "Happy Birthday" from Glen and I!!!! Please don't fall this year!!!!

I really feel that Damon is going to be fine.......eventually. It's just that things are so up and down for him and Dae Lynn in so many areas of their marriage. I'm really praying that he's found some good help this time.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:34 AM   #212
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Gayle, tell Gary Happy Birthday and i hope he enjoy's his meal. "I'm so hungry LOL"

Diane, I am so sorry about what your family is going through with Damon, I hope he continues to get help.

I'm sure none of us can even begin to understand what these service men and women have gone through and then to try and come home and lead a normal life, it has to be so hard considering all the presure of todays economy and just day to day living.

I will be praying for him and Dae Lynn and of course you and Glen because it affects the whole family.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #213
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Thank you, Lynne. I don't know how much more Dae Lynn will take with Damon. It's not just his getting drunk but there's a real lack of maturity and responsibility as well and it's not like she's seeing any improvement on his part. I don't know what's in their future but I really don't think that it looks hopeful.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #214
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Diana, I hope they can work things out. But maybe what he needs is to see how much he will lose if he doesn't change. Maybe he just doesn't think he ever will lose it. But it definitely sounds like he needed that slap!

Today was Scott's first day back at his old office so I had to drop him off this morning and I will pick him up tonight. It's weird to me! Layla hated not being on my lap and she screamed my ears off all the way to my office.

I'm swamped with work so I will probably be taking a lot home with me tonight. Thank goodness I can take these little breaks or I'd lose my sanity!

We finished our outside decorations on Saturday and we did our inside decorations too, including our Christmas tree!

Last night we were watching the Grey Cup (our team lost )and I told Scott "Remember one year ago, the new laminate had JUST been put in the condo, and we put our papasan chair cushions on the floor to watch the Grey Cup because we had all our furniture stacked up in another room?" and we both laughed and thought how weird that we never thought a year later we'd be in a different home in a different town!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #215
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

LOL! Lindsay, I just have to laugh at your musing about the turn of events in your life. Gary and i just closed on our house today, so here we are just like you, never dreamed that we would be living in a different house in the near future. We are excited, but it is so scary at the same time to own two houses! The market is really down right now, thus, we could get the new house at a great price. It also means that we won't be able to sell the old house for a while now, but that is OK, (I think). It is OK, but all this change is just so scary to me. I've often thought for awhile now, that we should buy a second property for an investment, but when it comes down to doing it - it feels so scary!

We ordered the floor (tile and wood) today. Here is a link to the wood floors http://www.shawfloors.com/hardwood-f...4-Antique_Gold The color is Antique Gold. We would never have picked that color, but we were limited by the color of the library paneling in the living room. The floor looks great with the wood paneling - I hope it looks good installed.

We are putting tile in the kitchen, dining room and bathrooms. It is just a multi colored beige, brown, gold color. It is pretty, but nothing too fancy - my budget is almost broken! LOL! They may start the tile this week, and then do the wood next week. We could move by the middle of December! YIKES.

We also have to have a bunch of fence put up - the fence guy is coming out tomorrow. I'll be glad to get this all DONE!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #216
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

That's so exciting you closed today! I'll be excited for you while you are scared lol. I like that color of the wood floors, I'm sure they'll look great installed! You're smart to do the renovations before moving in. I hate living in a construction zone!

Scott wondered where we'll be a year from now and I told him I really hope we're in the same place! I have moved TOO many times in the past couple of years!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #217
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Gayle...I think all you're going through with the houses and moving just sounds so exciting. After being here for 30+ years....I would really love a change, but know it won't happen unless the marriage is dissolved.
I've so looking forward to see pictures of all the changes you're making.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #218
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

They took out all the carpet and linoleum today and got about half of the tile installed (not grouted, just laid down). I had class this evening, so I haven't seen it. I asked Gary if he liked it and he said, "Well, it is pretty busy"! I sure hope it is not too busy! I think it will be fine - our tile here at the house has a VERY busy pattern, and it hasn't bothered me at all. I also think the busier it is, the less things it will show and goodness knows, I am NOT a good housekeeper!!! http://www.fastfloors.com/lp_18738,0...roduct.htm#NAV The link shows the tile color, Marrone Chiaro. The color in the picture is not quite right, it has more gold in it than you can see in that picture.

Tomorrow they will grout the tile they laid today, lay the rest of the tile, and finish the grout work the next day (Thurs). The wood flooring is supposed to be here (from Dallas) on Friday, so maybe they will get everything done by the first of next week.

WOW! That means that I have to MOVE - OH NO!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 AM   #219
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I looked at the tile this morning and it definitely looks darker in the house than it did in the store. But it is not too busy and it looks great with the cabinets so I am relieved! I worried most of the night that it was not right.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #220
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Gayle, I don't think the pattern is too busy and I'm sure it will hide dirt well That's what I love about our house! The wood floors are 100 years old and look it, so you don't really notice when there's a little extra grime lol!

Have you started packing yet?

Old 12-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #221
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

No, we haven't started packing yet - we've just been purging and giving away/throwing away things that we have accumulated that we don't need. Also, we have to decide what we are taking and what we are leaving at the old house. My daughter and granddaughters may need to live there in the spring, so we have to leave some things there. The new house is smaller than the old house so we can't take everything anyway. I have to decide though, and mark what we are taking so that I can get an estimate from the moving company. We'll be packing everything, but they will be moving it.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #222
Janet

I think your flooring choices are really pretty Gayle. Wish I was there to help you....I love doing that kind of thing.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #223
paula1961

Your flooring is really pretty Gayle! I am looking forward to seeing pix of the house when you get all settled in.

Today I got my Christmas tree decorated and now I just need to vacuum up some stuff off the carpet. Everything turned out really pretty I think. I decorated more this year than I have in the past. I don't know whyjust felt like it I guess lol. I got my Christmas cards a couple days ago for our exchange. I'm really looking forward to that!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #224
Janet

It was way too cold for me to do anything...lol. So I stayed in where it's warmer. Didn't really accomplish much, but did have a nice phone conversation with my dear friend of over 30 years.

Spoke with Mom too. She's having more problems with her balance. She has lost the hearing in one ear and tells everyone that is the reason why. I don't know if it is or isn't, but I would think she would be use to it now. Gayle...you probably know more about this. Poor Mom...I just call her Weebles.....only in her case...she does fall down. She has an appointment with her regular Dr. this Friday. I sure hope she can help Mom and figure out exactly what is causing it.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #225
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It could indeed be something in the inner ear that has caused the loss of hearing as well as affecting her balance. Or it could just cause hearing loss and the balance issue is completely due to something else. It's hard to tell. I guess she is still in IN, and hasn't gone to FL yet?