4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 07-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #2476
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh, and here is a picture of Casey and Micah I took the picture of her dress with my phone, so it's not very good but at least you can see it. This one is 2 sizes too big, so imagine it actually fitting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1517.JPG (108.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1575.jpg (195.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1576.jpg (189.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #2477
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

OOOOOooooooo.......I love your nightstand!! How pretty!! I'm glad that it didn't go to the dump!!

Your niece is a very beautiful girl and her dress is just lovely!! I'm sure that the two of you had a good time going dress shopping!! I can understand because I have a special aunt too!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #2478
2tiredmom

WOW is everyone busy or what? Betsi, Lovely couple and pretty dress. Gayle
have a good time sounds like fun. Janet hope you are feeling better. I am a little down right now. Gary my hubby left a few minutes ago to make the trip back to wisconsin for work. Dustin and his new bride are here till Thursday and then he (Dustin) has to go back to work at the Blind School in Indy. Jennifer our youngest is at work thank goodness. She needs all the hours she can get. Then she is off to college. We move her in an apartment on August 15.
Today I worked outside. Tore out 3 bushes that have been here for 20 plus years. It was time. Have redone most of my landscaping in the front of the house. I would post pics but i do not know how. Have a great evening everyone.
Diana it sounds like you have been busy too.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #2479
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Betsi, I really love the night table, it's beautiful. What a great idea! Your nieces dress is so pretty and so is she...gorgeous!

You sound busy too Linda. I need to get some shrubs trimmed, but wanted to wait until it was a bit cooler. I really need to clean the windows on the house, maybe I'll try to get That done this week.

My jaw is much better, swelling has gone down so it's not very noticeable. So glad to see Monday coming, I really like the peace and quiet.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #2480
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet, I'm sorry Rick got on your nerves at the festival. When I started reading your post, I thought that maybe you had a good time with him That is sooo NOT fun!

I need to do some things outside, too, but it was 104 today. I stayed in all day until my brother called me to walk across the street so his granddaughters could show me their new bunny. So I ended up giving the bunny a pedicure because she was scratching the kids, lol! Then we ate popcorn and watched the Olympics for awhile, then I came home. Tomorrow I'm taking Kirby to get his summer haircut. He stays inside most of the time, but he's easier to bathe with short hair. He does sleep in bed with me every night, and I'm not sleeping with a stinky dog
Old 07-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #2481
Janet

Betsi...he always gets on my nerves....LOLOL...don't think that will change for right now...lol. I did get to see old friends and aquaintences...that's why I go anyway.

Today I went to the bank for my son to see exactly what size home loan he can get. He's not going to be happy, so he'll either have to settle for a fixer upper or we could probably get him one. It's just not in my mid-range plan to have my name on another loan. Everything we have will be paid off in June of 2013...not too far off and I would rather it stayed that way. I need to watch out for myself at this age and time in my life for whatever decisions I need to make.

I do have to say that I am already sick of the Olympic news. It's on all the time. Now...I don't mind a special here and there or on the news, but this 24 hour coverage on TV is for the birds. Not everyone wants to watch it. Okay...here it is...I won't be able to watch Days of Our Lives until August 13th...lol. There!!! I said it!!!

I can't believe that it's almost time to start back to driving the bus. August 14th is our first day and I'm just not ready.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #2482
DianaB

I was wondering when your school started. I think that Dae Lynn has to start the 15th but the kids start the next week. Since she works at the school she has to go in for meetings and to get things ready.

I'm trying to get things around so I can drive over......not this week but next week. I'm not sure of the date because I'm driving Dae Lynn's car for fuel economy and she needs to get new tires on and have them balanced. She should have it done sometime this week......hopefully. Then I can come and visit before school starts and before she moves!! I hope that Linda and Lynne can meet us somewhere while I'm there!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #2483
Janet

I'm sure Linda would love to if she can, if Linda cant make it down, maybe we can head her way. I know you'd love her. I know I just can't wait to see you, whether it's here or Illinois or anywhere in-between.

As you know, Lynne won't talk to me anymore so probably won't want to be near me either...her loss!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #2484
DianaB

Ok....I have a date......August 9th I can leave here so I'll be there late that evening. As for Lynne......I'll invite her to come and see if we can all get together anyway. I would still like to meet her. Maybe we can meet on Saturday or Sunday somewhere. Does that work for you?

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #2485
Janet

That works!! Glad you can come all the way, I was planning on meeting you, so whatever works best for you. I just want to see you, I don't care where.

Maybe Lynne will tell you what happened and we can all get together anyway. I know you'll like her.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #2486
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

How exciting Janet and Diana! You will lhave a wonderful visit, and it will be so good for both of you to have some time together! I wish I could join you!

Betsi, your neice has your beautiful blue eyes!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #2487
Janet

I really wish you could join us too. Oh heck.....pack the dogs and come. I wish everyone could come.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #2488
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

That sounds like so much fun!

Thank you Judy! I have 3 beautiful nieces with those same pretty blue eyes, which we got from my sweet Mom.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #2489
Janet

Yesterday I worked hard enough lolol...so today I'm not doing a whole lot. It's suppose to tie a record of 98 degrees today so I'm just gonna stay in where it's cool.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #2490
DianaB

Our temps are running over 100* right now. Last night about 9:30 it was still 90*. Too hot!! We are so ready for some rain. We do have some small chances over the next few days so hopefully we'll get some and cool down a little bit. Our airdale, Mollee, has been in the house quite a bit. She's starting to show her age and the heat is really hard on her so we're putting her in the utility room with a baby gate. She goes right over and sticks her nose on the airconditioning vent!!

It's been crazy here lately!! Dae Lynn's been Miss Suzy Homemaker......she's been canning like crazy!! She has pickles going.....cucumber apple rings.....apple butter.....freezing grated zucchini and probably other things that I'm not thinking of. The garden's going like gang busters!! I think that she's going to quit soon so she can start packing.

Karlie had a friend come and play with her a couple of days ago. They mostly played in the horse tank!! Of course, Dean was keeping up with them every step of the way! We were surprised at how well he was doing with the extra water in the tank. We've kept it pretty low for him because we weren't sure how he would handle it. Anyway, Isis spent the night as well. She is a very sweet little girl and we'll probably have her back again. It was so cute because I think that Dean got a crush on her. Yesterday morning he was standing beside her when he turned his head and grinned. then he said "I love her"!! She WAS very nice to him.

I went to the beauty shop yesterday and got my hair cut. It was really long.....clear down passed the middle of my back.......longer than my granddaughter's hair......and gray!! Not very becoming!! Anyway I now have it highlighted and it's a little longer than shoulder lenght. It looks VERY different!!

We had a meeting last night for the Alley. It's getting ready to start again here in a few weeks. We went over rules and problem areas. I'm not sure that I'm ready quite yet but I do have a floating part. I just go where I'm needed so that's not too bad. Mostly my part is discipline which I really don't enjoy but someone has to do it. Believe me.....I can be quite strict!

I've still been swimming.....not quite everyday but close. The pond is down about 3 feet.....from evaporation and using it to water the garden. It fills pretty easy when we get a rain so it's no problem. The pond used to be 16 feet deep in it's deepest part but it's filled in some since we've built it.

After I stop laughing!!!