4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #2806
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think I saw deer tracks in the back today....They look just like the picture I posted.

I did so much between yesterday and today. I put up thermal curtains, dug out part of the deck, filled all the bird feeders, cleaned out my silverware drawer, (can't tell you how many kitchen gadgets I have in there! did a wash, washed all the silverware and gadgets, cleaned out my pj drawer, took out the winter tops I will actually fit into and like, fixed my coat, put stretchers into my new boots, swept and washed the floors, redid a big flower arrangement. I did more, but can't remember what.

It feels s good to clean out all this junk! I also love when everything in the kitchen is clean. Don't we all?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #2807
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Judy! you were so energetic. I do love it when drawers and things are cleaned out!

The kids will be heading home this morning, so I'll have to get my house back in shape. Lol! It's worth it though to have a messy house. Actually my daughter makes everyone pick everything up before they leave so it won't be too messy. My housekeeper was supposed to come tomorrow but she called and delayed till next monday, and that's OK so I don't have to run around crazy today and get everything ready for her to clean.

Overall I've had a very good Christmas/New Year and I hope that 2013 continues to be a good year for me. It will be a transition year for sure.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #2808
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We are getting lots of rain right now. And we're supposed to have thunderstorms overnight. I'm so glad I can keep my car in the garage now. I had a busy day at work, but I still have a few things I need to get accomplished that didn't quite happen today. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm working out at 7:00 in the morning with the personal trainer. This is my last session, but I think I'm going to set up a few more with her. I hate to spend the money, but I think it will help motivate me.

The mother of a friend of mine was just diagnosed with COPD (emphysema) and she can't work, doesn't have health insurance and isn't old enough for medicare. I still have Gary's oxygen concentrator (it takes the oxygen out of the air and delivers it to a person via the little nasal prongs). I'm going to take the concentrator to my friend Diana tomorrow. I jsut can't imagine having such a major chronic illness with no insurance.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #2809
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We had rain here for a couple of days! YAY! We were so so so very dry. No appreciable rain in the past 3 months. Everything was suffering. I had 2.5 inches at my house and it came very very softly and gently, so all of it soaked in!

I am talking to a friend of mine about going to the UK this summer. She's my age and she lived there several years when she was growing up. If I decide to go I'm going to take Abigail with me. She is so excited at the possibility. We'll spend most of our time in England, Scotland and Wales. My friend Betty will take us to all the must-see sights in the UK. Then Abi and I will take the Chunnel to Paris and spend a couple of days there. We'll take the Chunnel back to London and then fly home. I'm not sure how long we'll be gone, it depends on how long we spend in the UK with Betty. I'm going to have to consult with Betsi about what to see/do in Paris. I know I want to see the Louvre, and the Eiffel tower. I've never been "across the pond" so I am really excited!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #2810
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Yesterday I decided it was time to wash my bus at the bus garage. Besides looking bad, the windows were horrible to see out of along the sides. It looked so nice. Then I went back for the afternoon route and by the time I got home....I couldn't tell it had even been washed. I drive alot of gravel roads and with the snow melting and temps going up, it's like driving through mud. The roads get sooo soft. So...I guess I'll just hose the windows off now and then but wait until March to wash it good again....

I really haven't been doing a whole lot here lately. Just being a bit lazy I guess. I need to get busy and get some exercising done or something, instead of being on this computer. I was locked out of Facebook for 24 hours because I had forgotten my password and tried too many times to log on. I thought I would go nutso so I know I spend way too much time on it. I should try and only allow so much time daily to be on the computer......yeah, like that will happen...LOLOL
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #2811
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We have deer around here but not hardly any that come close to the house. I did, however, look out a window once and see a deer jump the fence that's close to the house. That was cool!! We see deer pretty regularly down by the grain bins by the driveway coming to the house. Where Jaci lives there are lots of deer and she's always warning us to keep a watch for them when we come to visit. Lately I've seen a coyote come up close to the yard......I think that it was after one of the chickens and a bobcat ran across the road in front of me. We haven't seen any mountain lions lately but we do have them around.

Judy, you have been ONE BUSY woman!!! I could use some of your energy!!! I bet you're so happy with all that you got accomplished!!!

Gayle, I'm so glad that you had a good time with your family! I know how much you enjoy being with them!!

Your trip sounds wonderful!! I would love to take a trip like that!! You figure out how to get around and what to see and next time I'll go with you!!!

Not much has been going on here.....same ol'.....same ol'!! LOL Keeping an eye on Dean is turning into such work!! He's into everything!!

I went and visited Jed a couple of days ago and I can't believe how much he's grown!!! His little cheeks are so filled out and he was smiling and cooing. So cute!! Tammy breast feeds and her milk must be good because all of her babies were little butterballs!!!

My Tahoe's back in the shop. It didn't get repaired the last time it was in so it's back in again. I told Glen that I think that it's time to trade it off if it's repaired and get something with no problems. Trust me, it's not fun when the heater and airconditioner don't work like their suppose to plus all the other things that are going on as well.

Christmas tree is finally down and put away. It was nice that I didn't get out too many decorations this year because then I didn't have to put them away.

Some women at church are starting craft/interest groups and their first organizational meeting is tonight. I'm not real sure what it's about but I'm going to go.....it sounds interesting.

I thought that January would be slow but it's filling up quickly with things going on. Bummer!! Oh well......I don't care as long as it snows and snows!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #2812
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana, I would carry a gun with me if there are coyotes and bobcats around. I hate coyotes! I am afraid for little Dean. Coyotes are just feral! I don't have a gun, nor do I know how to use one, but if the coyotes come up to the top of the mountain, I will take lessons and get a pistol. (or a rifle???) At this point, they are further down the hill. We can hear them howling. We do have bears, but I would not shoot a bear! Then you have an angry bear! I have near spray for that.

Th crafts group sounds nice.

Gayle, what fun! The planning is so exciting! i am sorry abut your friend!

I ran out of energy today! I am not finished, but neither is the day!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #2813
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm not afraid of coyotes, but they can be bad. A coyote snatched a little dauschaund on a leash at one of our wooded walking trails a few years ago. Things like that don't happen very often, but they can happen. Bobcats are usually very skittish, and they wouldn't bother a person, I don't think. They like chickens!

We are having a warm rainy day before a cold front comes in tonight. It's supposed to only be in the 40's tomorrow. I enjoy cold snaps, so I'm looking forward to it.

I had my trees trimmed and now they look so BARE! It needed to be done, they are live oak trees so they don't lose their leaves in winter. The new leaves in spring push off the old leaves so the tree is never without leaves. So, that is why it is important to thin the branches from time to time so light can get to the inside of the tree. In a couple of year when they fill out again they will look much better and they will be much healthier. But they had such dense shade before and now so much light comes through! Oh well, it had to be done.

The tree trimmer (Salvador) was so nice, he's been doing the neighbors trees for years. He wants to buy my 18ft. flat bed trailer which I will happily sell to him when I finish getting rid of Gary's deer hunting equipment. Salvador said if he bought the trailer, I could use it any time I wanted. That was so nice!

I've been running errands today, then I took mom out to lunch. The battery on her cordless phone was shot so I got another one and installed it. Now, I'm thinking about doing some cooking but can't decide what I want to cook. I'm sure I'll need to go to the store.

Football, basketball and more basketball is in my TV future this weekend. Oh and Downton Abbey tomorrow night!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #2814
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I don't worry about coyotes either. They usually only bother small animals but once in awhile do attack a small child. Like you said Gayle...not very often. They are pretty much afraid of people. I know when we mushroom hunt, once in a great while we'll see one watching us, but they are too afraid to come too close. They sure are beautiful with their winter coats.

We are having such a beautiful sun filled day in the 60's. We are under a watch for this evening though for storms able to produce up to 3 inches of rain. With all the snow melted, they are calling for flooding.

I went to town today and did a bit of shopping and then had lunch with my friend Diane and her mother at Kentucky Fried Chicken. I haven't eaten there in a long time and it was pretty good. I just had a chicken sandwich, cole slaw and med. drink. We were in there for quite some time just talking, it was so nice.

Now I'm home checking things out on the computer. Not sure what the rest of the weekend holds. Right now Rick is doing his stupid cowboy shoot thing and Ricky left to go on a date with Audrey....grrr. I'll feel better about it after I calm down some more. It's only been a week....it will take me some time. He asked me if I wanted to meet her and I said no...not this weekend, but maybe next. Ricky was fine with that.

The dogs (all except Joey) are outside. It's nice out so they don't need in the house. LOL....they can just potty out there. I made them stay out for a couple hours this morning and they'll be out a couple hours now. So nice not having to step over a fence to get to the kitchen and not picking up poo or wiping up pee. Can't wait till it stays warmer all the time so they can just stay out. They really love it out there. I throw some of their toys out with them and they just have a great time.

I'm kind of wanting Chinese food this evening...not sure if I'll get it, but it sure does sound good....maybe tomorrow after church.

Diana....when is it you're going on your cruise? I tried checking, but couldn't find the time you were taking.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #2815
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm afraid of coyotes because of the dogs. I am so scared that they will get one of them. Since I lost my little Gracie, I overreact to these things. Anyway, our coyotes are always in packs, and I still hate them!

The dogs have been so cute going out on the deck, which is still full of snow. Annie wouldn't go out there until a couple of days ago.. I'm so proud of her, trooping around in the snow. Sophie won't go out. She doesn't feel well. She threw up a few times today, and I don't think she likes her paws wet. She is great when we are walking on the road though. Max is the best! He is such a little boy! I went out on the deck last week and stomped around so that he would have places to walk. He is a different dog since his surgery and his weight loss! He is like a puppy again! I think having Sophie around helps too.
I won't let them out front because my hill is overrun with rabbit poop. They think it's the best thing to eat! Like your KFC Janet!

I was going to shovel the deck off.....yeah, right! I didn't know how hard that is to do. It's melting though.

I've been in the house, getting all kinds of things done. When I lived in Brooklyn, everything was where I wanted it, and it was decorated the way I liked. I never thought about anything other than straightening up. I want this house to be like that. I am sick of making mental lists of what needs to be done here. So...I am doing as much as I can!

Put a bunch of things on eBay today. I hope they sell because I bought a bunch of other things on eBay!

My doctor put me on Abilify because I told him that I am so tired of fighting depression, and in the winter, I get it bad! I'm already on 2 different anti-depressants, but he is not worried about any of it. Let me tell you...the Abilify does the trick! So far, so good, with the nausea and irritability now gone. Everything has side effects, but they didn't last long at all.

Jess, Steve and the kids have been sick with the flu all week. I think the kids are going back to school tomorrow. i haven't seen them. I didn't want to catch it!

Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #2816
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I haven't seen Paula on fb lately. Is she okay?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #2817
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm not to worried about the coyote being around. I'm sure he's after the chickens and not the dogs. Jazzi and Reuger really don't stay outside for very long and even then they stay pretty close to the house. I'm sure the coyotes are pretty skittish about being this close to the house because of the bigger dogs.

Janet, our cruise is in April so it's going to be a while. Hopefully by then Dae Lynn will be done with all of her court dates and we'll feel comfortable leaving for a week. It's from the 14th to the 20th or 21st. I can't wait!!!

Sorry I haven't been on much. I think that I've just been overwhelmed by everything that's been going on and my mind just doesn't want to think very hard to write posts. It doesn't seem like I'm stressed but I must be. I listen to what's going on with Dae Lynn every day and try to stay somewhat busy with her to keep her mind off of things. She has three lawyers that she's working with and every day it's something.

I thought that things would slow down after Christmas but it sure doesn't feel like it. I have a niece that's expecting a baby and the doctor's going to induce her on my birthday.....the 28th. That's exciting but.....she keeps trying to go into labor so I don't know if she'll actually make it or not. She's on meds and bed rest at the moment. She is my brother's daughter and she has no one to help her after she gets home with the baby so I'm going down to help out for a few days. She has two other children to watch as well. My family's not happy about it but I feel that it's something that I need to do. Her Mom is a druggie and the woman that my brother was married to when she was little caused her some trouble in court a while back (she really is a good person though) so I said that I would come. Should be interesting!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #2818
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi Everyone!
We have been in the deep freeze (for Texas) for several days now, but the sun is supposed to shine and it will warm up a bit today. I know some of you, Janet, Diana, Judy, have been really really cold with snow and ice. I hope you all are warm and safe.

School started this week so it is very busy. But of course, I like it that way. I've been feeding the little birds in my backyard and they eat so furiously - they must be really hungry, or that instinctual drive to eat as much as possible in winter when food is available has kicked in. At any rate they are a hoot to watch!

This time next week I'll be in sunny California. I have a conference in San Diego from Wed-Friday. Short trip but it will be good to get away and see things differently.

I've been working out two times a week with the personal trainer and it is really tough, but I'm enjoying it. I don't look forward to it. LOL! But when it's done I'm glad I did it.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #2819
Shada

Bad day at work today. My back HURTS from being pushed so hard!!!

My bestie friend stopped over for a chat and unwinding after. I am so thankful.

Now I am getting ready for a bowl of chili and a few hours of TV time, then off to bed. Relax... hope I sleep better tonight than the past 12 months or so... what I wouldn't give for a straight 6 hours of sleep. I am up every two hours. Nightly.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #2820
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Sorry to hear you had a bad day at work, Shada. I had to laugh though when you said your back hurt from being pushed so hard. I know that feeling.

I'm in Houston this weekend, and no school tomorrow so I get to spend an extra day with my babies. We went to the zoo yesterday and today Abi and I are doing a bit of shopping for our London/Paris trip. We are getting ready to go to the outlet mall.

I'll be home tomorrow and Tues., then off to San Diego for a couple of days for a conference. Home Friday, Whew! I'll be glad for next weekend when I can BE HOME!