4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 10-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #2971
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You're doing a good thing Diana!

Today...I didn't do a whole lot. Still a little weak from being sick all week. I came down with it last Friday...didn't work all week, tried to Wednesday, but only lasted 45 min. came home and then was able to go back in on Friday. My voice still isn't back to what it should be, but some would say that's great....lol. We went out to eat this evening but all I had was a tenderloin, wasn't that hungry I guess. Sure wish I was back to feeling normal.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #2972
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm just glad that you're better, Janet!

Well, we've gone another day with the kids. Glen took over for most of the day because he knows that I'm getting tired.

We got around for church this morning.........after church we just picked up some chicken and came home to eat...... Glen took the kids on a short hay rack ride when he put the wagons in a shed............then at 2:00 we went to Feyn's house for Jed's first birthday party........we then took the kids to ride in the combine.........Glen took them on a hike to work out some of the sugar that they had eaten.......It DIDN'T work! They wew so wound up before supper! After supper we did a head lice treatment on ALL of us and baths........watched Glen's scuba video while I combed out nits! Finally bed time! What a day!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #2973
DianaB

Here's a picture of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (195.8 KB, 12 views)

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:44 AM   #2974
Janet

Oh my.....they are such beautiful children. I hope someday they will look back and see how blessed they were to be able to spend time with you.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #2975
DianaB

Ok.......I still have them and May until Thursday. I'm not happy because nobody is calling me!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #2976
Janet

They should be in constant contact with you to make sure if you need anything or not. Then they wonder why more people are not interested in foster care.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #2977
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana, this is a really wonderful thing you are doing! The picture of them is so cute. They are adorable. It's unimaginable that they would be in such a bad situation they had to go into foster care.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #2978
DianaB

The kids ended up leaving last Monday. The kids were split up into two homes and went to Topeka, so far away. Glen and I have really struggled with them being gone and have considered getting them back but we have to look at things realistically and four kids are a lot of work and we're not young. You just don't decide to do this sort of thing because you were thrown into it for four days. Who knows maybe some day in the future.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #2979
DianaB

I'm home today as usual with Dean. He has quite the swollen lip! He fell and cut his upper lip yesterday with his front teeth. It probably could have used a stitch or two but it's so traumatic to have stitches on a child's face that we decided to let it just heal on it's own. I think that his buck teeth from sucking his thumb probably made the injury worse than it should have been but he'll be fine in a couple of days.

Just housework to do today. I have sheets to get back on the guest beds and laundry to do.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #2980
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Poor Dean! I hope he heals up quickly!

I had quite a busy weekend... Future sister-in-law's bridal shower, cousin's wedding supper, visiting with family, and too many opinions on my body and pregnancy and baby things. I held it all together in front of people but ifnally yesterday morning just sat down and had a good long cry. I seriously don't want to have to be around anyone anymore without my husband right there to defend me! My emotions are all over the place and eventually it just gets to be too much. I'm doing the best I can!

It's winter again here! We started getting a bunch of snow last night and it's still snowing. We didn't even get our leaves raked up. Oops! I guess that will now wait until spring.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #2981
Janet

Had a busy weekend here. Cleaned house, well mostly just dusted and swept the floor. Needed it so bad. Then Saturday evening went to a class get together at Main St. Pub &Eatery here in town. We had more people this time so it was so fun. Hopefully more people will start attending.

Sunday I went to my friend Linda's house. Took in 4 plastic tubs of her things and we went through those. Putting away the things she wants to keep and taking back to my garage the things she wants to sell. Rearranged her closet from summer to winter, cleaned out her storage room and made more room for her and then cleaned out the linen closet. One tub I brought in had her knic knacs in it so I cleaned those and put them in her curio cabinet. We had a good a productive day.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #2982
Janet

Spent part of the morning alone until Ricky brought his skank out. The watched a movie and then he took her back to town. Told him no more unexpected visits....I need to know when she is coming so I can prepare myself mentally. She just drives me insane. Enough of her.

This evening we (the guys and me) went to Pepe's in town to eat. It was really good, but I just wasn't in the mood. I love being with Ricky, but well...you know the rest.

Tomorrow after church I'm planning on taking some of the totes we've emptied out back to my friend Linda's daughters house. Then taking some of her Christmas items to her so she can see what she wants to use this year.

Would like to go shopping, but don't know if I'll have time. Can any of you make the weekends longer for me? With working two jobs now, there just doesn't seem to be enough time. I use to be able to get things done in between routes, but not now...lol. Maybe I should find me a smaller place for only me to take care of. I can dream can't I?
Old 11-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #2983
Shada

I love your new profile picture Janet!!

Today I stayed home ~~ felt pretty good too. Been working 9 hour days 6 days a week for the last 3 weeks... today was a catch-up day.
Did laundry.
Scrubbed kitchen down - stove - sinks- the norm.
Made pot of chili.
Put in individual containers for lunch and dinner for the next few days..
leftovers.. yum!!!
Got caught up on taped shows from my DVR.. lots more to go!!!
Now time to do dishes and get ready for my Sunday evening TV programs.. The Amazing Race and then Revenge...

Still trying to find home for one kitten. A few have shown interest then nothing.. scared to think I might have 4 cats in the end!!!
I do not want to become towns next Cat Lady.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #2984
DianaB

All of you sound so busy! Janet, did Linda move out on her own? You're such a good friend to help her. How is she feeling?

Lindsey, I'm so sorry for the drama. Was this the shower that you were worried about earlier? This woman obviously has a problem so I would just keep my distance. I'll be happy for you when this wedding is over. You don't need all of this.

Shada, you are such a good person to find a home for a little kitten! You are working some long hours! What kind of a job do you have that requires you to work so long?

I've been finally getting my house in order. It's been a mess most of the summer! I worked so much on the yard and just enjoyed being outside. I'm still bringing plants inside! It's going to end tomorrow because we're suppose to have a hard freeze so anything left outside will be done.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #2985
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Yes Diana, it was that shower! I'm glad the wedding is over and we can all just relax now lol!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote