4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 01-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
Shada

Hello and welcome!
I know you will have a job soon, you have the skills, and one nice thing about nursing, the world is yours!!

Good kuck..
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #17
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes, hospitals are cutting back, just like everyone else. It usually does not affect nursing positions, but what is happening is that there is not as much turnover. Nurses are not quitting their jobs, or changing jobs right now, so there are fewer openings than usual. All that usually means is that a new nurse might not get the job she wants, or the hospital she wants, or the shift she wants. Nurses usually never have to look long for a job, but they may have to take a job that they didn't necessarily think they wanted or they might have to relocate.

Good luck Kimberly!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #18
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Hope you find something soon that will get you by.
Everything is cutting back, my husband talked to the mail carrier yesterday and he said there was hardly any mail and they probably would be laying off. I noticed recently that we hardly get any mail, just the bills.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #19
KimberlysRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Yes, hospitals are cutting back, just like everyone else. It usually does not affect nursing positions, but what is happening is that there is not as much turnover. Nurses are not quitting their jobs, or changing jobs right now, so there are fewer openings than usual. All that usually means is that a new nurse might not get the job she wants, or the hospital she wants, or the shift she wants. Nurses usually never have to look long for a job, but they may have to take a job that they didn't necessarily think they wanted or they might have to relocate.

Good luck Kimberly!!!
Very true. I don't mind taking anything I just need something now. I know as a new grad I will start out on nights which is fine. I am going to look out of this valley and just put in applications all over southern california. I know I will probably have to move which is fine. I just want to make sure I get a solid foundation and the education I need to be a great nurse.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good luck Kim! The exact right job will come along when the time is right.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #21
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

My dil started to work for Swedish Hospital in Seattle in the ICU right after she graduated last year. She works nights, and she LOVES it! Good luck with your search!