4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

Old 09-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #16
Chimchim

I love flowers. My favorite are purple roses.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:36 PM   #17
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley
My favorite flower is the Bearded Iris. Growing up, my "adopted" grandmother had a backyard FULL of Bearded Irises. That's one thing I miss. I've tried to grow them but instead of a green thumb, mine is black!
i have over a hundred bearded irises in my front yard...i ordered them from Breck's. Hunny if i can't kill them neither can you-all ya gotta do is dig a hole where is sunny and leave them alone. i don't even water or fertilize mine sand some of them are over 3 feet tall-plus they rebloom in spring and fall...i planted my hubby some black ones-they look like velvet!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:37 PM   #18
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchim
I love flowers. My favorite are purple roses.
i have a purple rose in my front yard called Monet-it is gorgeous!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:35 AM   #19
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Ok girls, i think we need to see pics of these beautiful purple roses I love roses!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:11 AM   #20
magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Ok girls, i think we need to see pics of these beautiful purple roses I love roses!!
I had never seen one til I searched it on the internet - they are beautiful!! I found this picture (if it uploads) - there are more out there in lighter and darker shades. I may have finally found a favorite flower, even though purple is usually not a color I like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A-Purple-Rose-Poster-B10268327.jpeg (7.3 KB, 3 views)

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 AM   #21
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
I had never seen one til I searched it on the internet - they are beautiful!! I found this picture (if it uploads) - there are more out there in lighter and darker shades. I may have finally found a favorite flower, even though purple is usually not a color I like.

Thanks for posting a pic Suzi That's really a beautiful flower, i like the color, it's not something we get to see very often
Old 09-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #22
jck4b

hyacinth smell absolutly wonderful!! My mother also stuck fake flowers in her yard. She said "At least I don't have to water them."
Old 10-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #23
Miss_Sara

flowers?
Jasmines
everyone says "that's not really a flower"
but it is to me!
I love love love them!

to be honest I don't really like roses
to impersonal!
unless they're strange colours!
like black and purple!!!
Miss_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:16 AM   #24
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

My favorites are roses and tiger lilies. My father was very into plants, mostly vegetable (3 acre garden), and I raised the flowers and strawberries at home. I cross pollinated petunias to create different variations. It was an interesting way to grow up. He ordered me a purple rose bush, Monet, and we planted it in the front yard with the other roses. It produced beautiful purple flowers, but was not as hardy as other varieties. It died long ago. I don't have time now to grow a lot of flowers, now. My front yard looks nice, and most all of the plants produce some type of flower. My back yard is bare. Maybe someday....
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #25
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I love all the spring bulb type flowers. Actually all flowers are my favorite!! I havent seen one yet on this earth that I didn't care for. Even a simple weed flower can be the most beautiful and delicate thing I've ever laid eyes upon.

But in the spring, when those flower stalks push up through the frozen snow and then bloom, it's magnificant!! The vivid colors and aroma's always make me stop and ponder over them.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote