4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

Old 09-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
2tiredmom

Favorite Flowers

My favorite flowers that smell are Yellow Roses.
My favorite flowers that don't smell are dinner plate dahlias
Old 09-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

My favorite flowers are Gerber Daisies, Confetti Roses, and Fire & Ice Roses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gerber daisy.jpg (1.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Confetti Roses.jpg (20.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Fire & Ice Roses.jpg (25.2 KB, 1 views)
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
Ellen

Don't like flowers, I like plants.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
Mandy78

red roses
Old 09-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
Kimberley

My favorite flower is the Bearded Iris. Growing up, my "adopted" grandmother had a backyard FULL of Bearded Irises. That's one thing I miss. I've tried to grow them but instead of a green thumb, mine is black!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baboonbottom.jpg (34.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg leanna.jpg (44.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Red%20Zinger.jpg (40.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
khardy57

Any flower that's yellow. My favorite is yellow roses.
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:26 PM   #7
Taurus Babe

I love Lilly's! They smell sooo good!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:47 AM   #8
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

My favourite flowers are roses, sun flowers and orchids!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:23 AM   #9
Elaine

my fav flowers are roses and lilacs
Old 09-25-2006, 06:36 AM   #10
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My favorite would have to be red roses, although that is a hard choice. I love all the different flowers. I love driving down the road and seeing all the wildflowers. Such a beautiful sight!!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:39 AM   #11
magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley
My favorite flower is the Bearded Iris. Growing up, my "adopted" grandmother had a backyard FULL of Bearded Irises. That's one thing I miss. I've tried to grow them but instead of a green thumb, mine is black!
You are not alone in the black thumb department! Because of my black thumb, I no longer attempt to grow anything! I can't have plants because I'll kill them - they just don't like me. And flowers, really don't care for them either. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and all but they die! After a few days, they are dying and you have to throw them away. I'd rather hubby spend the money on something that's gonna last beyond a few days if he's looking at getting me flowers for anniversary, valentines, or birthday. I know, I know - I sound like the "Flower Grinch"...LOL!

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #12
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
You are not alone in the black thumb department! Because of my black thumb, I no longer attempt to grow anything! I can't have plants because I'll kill them - they just don't like me. And flowers, really don't care for them either. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and all but they die! After a few days, they are dying and you have to throw them away. I'd rather hubby spend the money on something that's gonna last beyond a few days if he's looking at getting me flowers for anniversary, valentines, or birthday. I know, I know - I sound like the "Flower Grinch"...LOL!

No, I am a flower Grinch, too. I always tell hubby not to spend money on flowers for me. I would rather have something else that will last. I do not attempt to grow flowers, either. I definately have a black thumb! The only reason I have favorites is because I worked in a florist (flower shop) for 4 years when I was in high school.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #13
magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
No, I am a flower Grinch, too. I always tell hubby not to spend money on flowers for me. I would rather have something else that will last. I do not attempt to grow flowers, either. I definately have a black thumb! The only reason I have favorites is because I worked in a florist (flower shop) for 4 years when I was in high school.
I think what did me in on having plants was years ago when I had my first yorkie. Someone had given me a corn plant and I didn't realize how dangerous they were to our furbabies until she chewed on it!!! Had to call the vet (it was after hours) to find out what to do - her poor belly was just one big giant red welp! When I mentioned having the plant, he said to throw it away as it's posionous to the babies (and kids). So, I gave her a dose of benedryl and chunked the plant - haven't had one since then!

Hubby has learned to not give me flowers anymore - instead, he sends a basket with goodies in it - chocolate, cookies, etc if he even sends anything. I just don't like all the attention that that sort of thing brings when it's delivered to work so he usually doesn't send anything.....except for Valentine's Day and thats the basket of goodies

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #14
Kimberley

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
OMG! Do you know what I recently did...I stuck fake flower bunches out by my bird bath. At least I know I can't kill those!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #15
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Oh, my very favorite thing is Bamboo! That stuff is virtually impossible to kill! I had that at my wedding at wedding favors. We gave everyone 2 sticks of 5" bamboo. Ours is still living! I had about 12 sticks of bamboo that JUST died....it lived for 10 years!