4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 04-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #16
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Dae Lynn took Damon to town yesterday to look for an apartment. They found one and had to put down two references. The last place that they lived gave them a really bad recommendation. Dae Lynn came home so furious!! We had painted the WHOLE house and sealed cracks!! She lived with no heat or air conditioning and so many other problems when she lived there......none of which he ever fixed!! Then after the kids moved out they had to move back into the home!! There was a hole in a door that Dae Lynn offered to fix and they said to just leave it (it was a cheap trailer house door) and she had been told that it was alright to pay their rent any time during the month......he mentioned that there was holes in the doors and that they never paid their rent on time!!! It ends up that we have friends that work in the office where they're trying to rent so they're going to explain it to the owner and leave it up to him to decide whether to rent or not. UGH......what is up with some people??!!!!

It's been rainy and cooler here so everyone's feeling sorry for Damon. Dae Lynn is really struggling with her decision but has decided to wait for a few months to see how things go. Damon is talking about seeing someone at a mental health facility. He really needs some help.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That wasn't nice of that landlord to do that. Seems that people can be so mean spirited. I hope Damon can get the apartment and that things will work out for him. I liked meeting him for just those few minutes, but he has a lot to deal with and get straightened out before he could ever be a good husband or a good father. I really hope he seeks the out the mental health facility. He'll just have to remember to be honest or no one will be able to help him.

I know Dae Lynn is a strong young woman and will manage. She has a great support system in her family.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
DIANE W

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Dae Lynn took Damon to town yesterday to look for an apartment. They found one and had to put down two references. The last place that they lived gave them a really bad recommendation. Dae Lynn came home so furious!! We had painted the WHOLE house and sealed cracks!! She lived with no heat or air conditioning and so many other problems when she lived there......none of which he ever fixed!! Then after the kids moved out they had to move back into the home!! There was a hole in a door that Dae Lynn offered to fix and they said to just leave it (it was a cheap trailer house door) and she had been told that it was alright to pay their rent any time during the month......he mentioned that there was holes in the doors and that they never paid their rent on time!!! It ends up that we have friends that work in the office where they're trying to rent so they're going to explain it to the owner and leave it up to him to decide whether to rent or not. UGH......what is up with some people??!!!!

It's been rainy and cooler here so everyone's feeling sorry for Damon. Dae Lynn is really struggling with her decision but has decided to wait for a few months to see how things go. Damon is talking about seeing someone at a mental health facility. He really needs some help.

Sorry but i dont quite understand, is the apartment just for Damon?

I agree it is so unfair when people can have power to say whatever they want, and then it is very hard to correct.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #19
Janet

Diane I think the apartment is for just Damon.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
DianaB

Yes, the apartment is just for Damon. And he did get it. He has the keys and took his camping stuff in and just dumped it. Then Dae Lynn took him to his sister's for the weekend. I'm not sure how that all came about. Dae Lynn has some food in the basement that they had before she moved in here and she told him that he could come and get what he wanted. He's not very happy about the apartment because he thought that he'd be moving back in here with her. Anyway it will make things a lot easier for everyone with him having a place to stay instead of a tent.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
Janet

Did he really think he would get to move back in with you and Glenn? I thought Dae Lynn told him it was over. It would be great if they could remain together, but I'm for Dae Lynn being with someone who loves her and puts her and the children first. It's going to be a long time if ever for that person to be Damon.

I just feel so bad for a person that wants to do better, but when given the opportunity doesn't take it or screws it up. He just has to want it bad enough.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #22
DIANE W

Oh..... i see now, i am so glad it is just Damon (even though he doesnt like it, its tough - life is tough, and the sooner he learns that lesson the better he will be).

I hope Dae Lynn, can start to back off a little now and let him get on with his life without her (its not her job to fix his life for him!!!!!) ........... I know he will be involved with the children always, but i do honestly think he needs to understand this is not a game, he is now on his own, and has to be responsible for himself. As does Dae Lynn, she too can try to get her life in order, I do feel for her so much, none of this is her doing, yet she has to take on all the responsibility of the children (i know she has her family behind her).

I am thinking of you all, i know it must be really tough on everyone

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #23
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good that he got the apartment!

I think it would be healthier for Dae Lynn is she backed off from driving him places, and giving him food. She has 2 children, not 3. I can understand that she still loves him and wants to take care of him, but she is going to have to separate herself from that role. Better sooner than later. It does hurt so much though. My heart goes out to her.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #24
DianaB

At this point I'm not sure what she's doing. I hope things get settled down once Damon is settled in his apartment.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #25
Janet

How are things going Diana? Hope the kids are doing okay with everything going on. I know Dean probably isn't affected near as much as Karley.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #26
DianaB

Damon takes Karlie every other weekend so this weekend she'll be home. Damon has never asked to have Dean. He's missed out on so much of Dean's life that Dean really isn't very connected to Damon and Damon knows it and isn't willing to make the effort to fix it. Dae Lynn's really gotten on to him about it too.

Right now things have calmed down and settled into a routine. Dae Lynn's been seeing Damon a little and almost everytime she comes home mad at him. He is checking into getting some help......we'll see if it's just talk. She talks about getting back with him sometime in the future but then sometimes she's saying she's about done. She'll have to figure it out on her own and she has a good mind and I know that she'll do whatever's best.

It's really helped Glen by not having Damon in the house. I know that Jason, Amy's husband, still has some issues.....but I've found you can't please all the people all the time!!!

Dae Lynn's decided that she wants to go back to school and get her teaching degree. She has a degree in Biology already so she just needs a few more semesters to be done. She's planning everything out. There's a school that has classes in a town that's 30 minutes from us so she can still live here and get her schooling done. Her mind has been pretty busy on getting all the paperwork done for all of that right now.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #27
Janet

Good for Dae Lynn!!!! What a great move to get her teaching degree! That will help keep her busy and realize that she is way above Damon. I just feel all giddy for her!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #28
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

That sounds like such a good idea! Dae Lynn is a smart girl.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #29
DianaB

She is a smart girl.......and she's preparing to take care of herself if she has to. She is thinking more with her head right now instead of her heart.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #30
Janet

That is great news, it's so hard sometimes to think with our heads and not our hearts. Too many emotions get in the way. Dae Lynn will be able to handle whatever comes her way.