4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 09-20-2006, 06:35 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I never had them before I had my hysterectomy. When I had to drink that "go-lite" stuff you clean you out before surgery is when I got them. Had a few flare-ups during the last school year, none over the summer. Now that I'm back on the bus and bouncing around...I'm already having a flare-up. Sucks!!! I just hate the idea of going to the Dr. with it.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:37 AM   #17
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Lynn
This may sound silly... but if they are removed does the person have problems going to the bathroom??

I honestly have no clue. My dad is fine now, that is all I know.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #18
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I never had them before I had my hysterectomy. When I had to drink that "go-lite" stuff you clean you out before surgery is when I got them. Had a few flare-ups during the last school year, none over the summer. Now that I'm back on the bus and bouncing around...I'm already having a flare-up. Sucks!!! I just hate the idea of going to the Dr. with it.
Janet, don't worry about going to the doctor. They see stuff like that ALL the freaking time! I promise! My hubby is a doctor and he does not get embarrassed talking about ANTYHING. All of my friends call him with their period problems, their female problems, EVERYTHING! I promise your doctor does not care!
Old 09-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #19
Sherry Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
I honestly have no clue. My dad is fine now, that is all I know.
I just wondered if they were removed, what would hold everything in??? I get ugly images of the warning on those diet chips that say they cause 'anal leakage' ...
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #20
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Janet, don't worry about going to the doctor. They see stuff like that ALL the freaking time! I promise! My hubby is a doctor and he does not get embarrassed talking about ANTYHING. All of my friends call him with their period problems, their female problems, EVERYTHING! I promise your doctor does not care!

I know, but I have my gyno and then my family Dr. I've only gone to my family Dr. when I've been sick. I just kinda feel on a different level with him. I really need to get over it and if these darn hemmoroids don't go away, then I am going to go. I don't want to put up with flare-ups all winter long.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:44 AM   #21
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
I know, but I have my gyno and then my family Dr. I've only gone to my family Dr. when I've been sick. I just kinda feel on a different level with him. I really need to get over it and if these darn hemmoroids don't go away, then I am going to go. I don't want to put up with flare-ups all winter long.

You will feel so much better if you just go. Those docs LIKE doing stuff like this...I PROMISE...otherwise, they wouldn't be the kind of doctor that they are. If they didn't want to see hemroids and stuff like that, they would have been a dermatologist or a radiologist or something that doesn't see stuff like this.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #22
Janet

I'll definitely get it checked out if they cause too much problem. I'm not spending another winter using Preparation H all the time.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 AM   #23
Ponyup

Quote:
You wanna talk about uncomfortable my family doctor, who tends to all my doctor needs, took my mom to prom.

Never had them yet. Thought I did once, but it turned out to be just chapped a** & a little lotion cleared it up. Maybe it would help if you got a little donut or something for you bus seat.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:15 AM   #24
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup
You wanna talk about uncomfortable my family doctor, who tends to all my doctor needs, took my mom to prom.

Never had them yet. Thought I did once, but it turned out to be just chapped a** & a little lotion cleared it up. Maybe it would help if you got a little donut or something for you bus seat.
I have thought about getting one of those donut things. I've heard truck drivers get hemmoroids a lot and they use those. I will be looking in to those, that's for sure.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #25
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Red face

janet whatever you do when you go to the dr. dont let them talk you into doing the rubberband treatment. i had that done several years ago and oh my gosh i thought i was gona pass out in the dr office. it's like when they castrate(sp) pigs they put the smallest rubberband on the hemroid and all you can do is wait for it to dry up and fall off . i dont know which was worse the hemroid or waiting a week or longer for it to fall off. you cant sit because of the pain and standing and walking isnt much fun either. cant remember but they did 3 or 4 at the same time. had my tubes tied and that didnt hurt nearly as much.
lynne b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #26
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne b
janet whatever you do when you go to the dr. dont let them talk you into doing the rubberband treatment. i had that done several years ago and oh my gosh i thought i was gona pass out in the dr office. it's like when they castrate(sp) pigs they put the smallest rubberband on the hemroid and all you can do is wait for it to dry up and fall off . i dont know which was worse the hemroid or waiting a week or longer for it to fall off. you cant sit because of the pain and standing and walking isnt much fun either. cant remember but they did 3 or 4 at the same time. had my tubes tied and that didnt hurt nearly as much.

I am so glad you posted that!!! I don't want anything like that to happen to my "you know what"!!!! I haven't purchased the donut seat yet, but it's on my list. I only have them during the winter, when I drive the bus....
Old 10-16-2006, 02:51 AM   #27
2tiredmom

Janet,
I got them that year i got really sick and got down to 100 pounds. They were nasty, But I can't remember what it was that I used. It wasn't preperation H.
There is another one out there. It worked really well. Tucks. That's what it was.
Minds not as far gone as I thought it was. lol. Good luck in getting rid of them.
Did the boys get towork this weekend?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:58 AM   #28
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tiredmom
Janet,
I got them that year i got really sick and got down to 100 pounds. They were nasty, But I can't remember what it was that I used. It wasn't preperation H.
There is another one out there. It worked really well. Tucks. That's what it was.
Minds not as far gone as I thought it was. lol. Good luck in getting rid of them.
Did the boys get towork this weekend?
They did some, but not nearly enough!!! If I would have felt better, I could have worked rings around them....guess I'm gonna have to get the whip out!!!...LOL
Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 AM   #29
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I've had surgery on mine. I had a really hard time healing from it and was in a lot of pain. I went in for a check-up and the doctor realized that he hadn't given me some suppositories to help me heal. After that I got better real fast. If I was to recommend anything to anyone it would be to try everything else first and use surgery as a very last resort!! Someone asked if it hurts to use the bathroom....well, I'm just not going to go there!!!! I will say that I haven't had anymore trouble since I healed.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote