4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Diana, you have proven my point. If you read the bio's fully and honestly, with your mind wide open, comparing education, experience at the local, state, and federal levels, plus foreign relations experience. There is basically no comparison.

I know this is a cheap shot, but here's your future VP? and no this is not PhotoShopped. Hubby says he see's why McCain picked her:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a4py5G6PEs...-palin-hot.jpg
Guess it's no worse than Giuliani.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #17
Marilyn

There's one more thing that I wanted to say here, and then I'll try to be quiet. My comments are not meant to have anything to do with one party vs. another. To me, this issue is not partisan. The issue is that when we do have a woman in the White House, which I believe we may actually see in most of our lifetimes, whether she is Republican, Democrat, or Independant, she needs to be the best that we can put forward. For all of us, she needs to be superwoman. We surely don't want any question with regard to her ability to lead this country. Being a woman in a man's world career wise, I know that we are scrutanized more severely than our male counterparts. Any mistakes she makes will be chalked up to the fact that she's a woman. She will need to be a statesman with enough experience and confidence to stand up to other world leaders should the need arise. Palin may be our lady once she has some experience in federal government and international affairs under her belt.

By the way, I thought that Bill Clinton lacked the experience also because he was the governor of a low population state, and I voted against him, twice. I also thought that George W. and New Mexico Gov. Williamson are/were under qualified. To me, it's not a gender issue. It's who I think is best suited to lead this great nation.

Michelle ask for opinions, and I tried to voice mine in the most non-partisian way that I could. Now, I'll try to stay in my corner and be quiet.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32

Last edited by Marilyn; 09-01-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #18
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I would think that in order to fairly compare the parties nominees, we'd have to compare presidential to presidential and VP to VP. OR rep presidential AND VP to Dem presidential AND VP.

I'm not "in love with" either pair, so what I have to go by is which I feel best represents my personal beliefs and ethics and would best represent my viewpoint in my stead. Experience to me isn't as important as the fact that they surround themselves by people who know what they don't and their basic personalities and temperaments are suitable for representing the image I would like the world to have of when they think US of A.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #19
Emmsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
There's one more thing that I wanted to say here, and then I'll try to be quiet. My comments are not meant to have anything to do with one party vs. another. To me, this issue is not partisan. The issue is that when we do have a woman in the White House, which I believe we may actually see in most of our lifetimes, whether she is Republican, Democrat, or Independant, she needs to be the best that we can put forward. For all of us, she needs to be superwoman. We surely don't want any question with regard to her ability to lead this country. Being a woman in a man's world career wise, I know that we are scrutanized more severely than our male counterparts. Any mistakes she makes will be chalked up to the fact that she's a woman. She will need to be a statesman with enough experience and confidence to stand up to other world leaders should the need arise. Palin may be our lady once she has some experience in federal government and international affairs under her belt.

By the way, I thought that Bill Clinton lacked the experience also because he was the governor of a low population state, and I voted against him, twice. I also thought that George W. and New Mexico Gov. Williamson are/were under qualified. To me, it's not a gender issue. It's who I think is best suited to lead this great nation.

Michelle ask for opinions, and I tried to voice mine in the most non-partisian way that I could. Now, I'll try to stay in my corner and be quiet.

This is what I was looking for when I brought up this topic. I honestly didn't want this to be split down party lines. I do agree that Palin may not have very much experience under her belt but there is something about her that I like. Who knows I might be completely wrong about her. I will have to say that man or woman I don't really think anyone is truly ready to be president. All the experience in the world can not prepare someone for the huge responsibility that the office holds. I will say that I thought G.W Bush was VERY underqualified when he was elected. I think he has acomplished lot while in office. Certainly not all good. He has made some truly stupid moves. And I voted for him... go figure.. I would love to see a woman running as an Independent for the office. Maybe some day.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #20
Emmsmom

I saw the picture of Palin. Yeah it does look a little crazy... but hey. She has been married for 20 years and has 5 kids. So she must be doing something right. I think her hubby is rather good looking. I might have put on a sexy dress too. I just wish I had a body like hers after only having one! LOL She was definately blessed in the dept. LOL

Last edited by Emmsmom; 09-01-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Emmsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #21
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Michelle,

I absolutely do think a woman can hold down such high position. We have many women in government who have done wonderful things.

If you look outside of government, use Mother Theresa as an example. What a powerful human being!

I'm all for having a woman running the country. Although, I'm voting for Obama, I think choosing a woman was a wise choice for McCain. I do think he had better female choices, but that's not what your post was about.

Good luck to them all and let the best man/woman win!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #22
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
.........I know this is a cheap shot, but here's your future VP? and no this is not PhotoShopped. Hubby says he see's why McCain picked her:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a4py5G6PEs...-palin-hot.jpg
Guess it's no worse than Giuliani.
The picture really was a "cheap shot", Marilyn. I imagine that every woman has a picture similiar to that somewhere in her past and there could be a really good reason as to why she was dressed like that.

My husband saw the picture and he said "She certainly gets my vote!!" So you've helped her out already with your post!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #23
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

My husband was on his 4x4 forum and it is amazing how many are for Palin.

Some guys from Alaska jumped in on the conversation and were saying how the previous governor of Alaska hired her to clean up some of the corruption, when it linked to him he fired her. She got mad and ran against him and won! They are all saying Sarah Palin for President.

I am for that kind of change. I am tired of the good ol boy stuff, both republican and Democrat.

I know one thing, that is, for the first time in most of my adult life a Clinton nor Bush will be in charge.
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #24
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
That picture just shows a very attractive well put together woman who obviously has looks AND brains. I highly doubt that's her office attire. lol
People have said McCain lacks charisma... and now she's TOO attractive. It kind of proves people are just looking for things to criticize, now doesn't it?

Since we're told it's wrong to judge Obama based on his looks (color in particular) why is it ok to do it to the republicans? Fair is fair... even in politics.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

After last night Sarah Parlin has my vote what an intelligent , articulate woman she is. IMO McCain knew what he was doing when he chose her..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #26
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well coming from an animal activists point of view I'm not thrilled about opening up the newspaper and seeing her sitting on a dead bear. I'm also not thrilled about her stand on Polar Bears (see link below) AND I have to agree with Marilyn on what she said regarding her experience. However, honestly I think we are in trouble either way. You have McCain who is 72and who has a bad heart and the Sara as his running mate with the point made by Marilyn and then on the other hand you have Obama whose only experience is as a Junior Senator. I think we're in trouble no matter what. Just my .02.

Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote