4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I walked another 3 miles this morning. To tell the truth....I'm beat! I really should take a nap, but maybe I'll take one after the afternoon route.

Was informed that a mother has already called in and complained about me. She was a witch last year and I guess I have to put up with the witch this year too. I had to tell her 10th grade daughter to sit up in her seat so another student could sit down. It says in the bus rules that the students are to sit with their feet on the floor facing forward. If their child would just follow the rules they could save themselves a phone call. What an idiot!
I just can't stand parents who think the rules don't apply to THEIR child! Then, she has the nerve to complain that you are enforcing the rules. I can only imagine how her child is being raised...............
Old 09-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm finding myself wondering if this job is really worth it. I'm starting to tire of the whole thing, but jobs are hard to find let alone jobs with good insurance so I'm pretty much stuck.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm burning out today. I've worked late every night this week and it's hard to focus on work now. Last night when I got home at 9, I started scrubbing the bathrooms and when I turned on the bath tub to rinse it at around 10:00, water started shooting out of the handheld sprayerhose and the sprayer handle flew right off! It had snapped! So I've been stressed about that today, if we can replace it or have to buy a whole new faucet set. We can't afford it.

I also sent my best friend a gift since she is home from the hospital. I found a flower shop in her town online, and picked out a ceramic yellow duck wearing a blue hat, with the back of the duck filled with flowers and blue ribbons, and a small stuffed animal. But the flower shop called and said they were all out of the ducks and would substitute it for a red wagon that says "It's a boy!" so that was fine with me lol. It will be delivered tomorrow and I can't wait for her to see it

I think I will only work an hour of overtime tonight. I can't even look at my computer anymore...

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:50 AM   #19
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
this is what has been keeping me busy for the past 3 weeks, along with working overtime and dealing with everything else. There are 4 babies but the 4th one was up on mom's head LOL, 3 boy's and 1 girl, the smallest boy is weighing in at 13oz @ almost 4 weeks old, the others are over a pound, these little one just worry me to death, i don't know how breeders can breed for the tinies, i guess it would make a difference if i was home all day. Any ways my fun is just begining with these guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001_renamed_128.jpg (71.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 004_renamed_24063.jpg (79.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #20
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I saw their picture on fb Lynne. They are so adorable! I hope the little guy fattens up fast!

Janet, maybe you can ask the school to mail this mom a copy of bus rules. If it comes from the office, you can't be blamed. I used to get so annoyed at that type of parent, so I know how you feel! Refer her to the Principal if you can. That's why they make the big bucks!

Paula, I hope you feel better soon!

Gayle, hang in there....being brain dead isn't the worst thing anyway!

Yesterday, I went down to the pool, took down a lounge chair and had a lovely afternoon snoozing in the sun. The pool is covered, and the hose is gone, so it got hot, but it was lovely.

I am going to the Cauliflower Festival today. I have not been to one of these festivals, and just want to see what it's all about. I'll check out some of our shops, and then come home. Nice, relaxing day.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
Janet

The babies are gorgeous Lynne. I personally love the tiny ones...lol.

Today I went to another auction. It was really nice and they had a lot of nice clean items for sale. I did buy a small stereo for the living room. I get tired of having the TV on and love listening to the music. Got a great deal on it too....only $40 for a $129 unit. They had taped the receipt inside the manual. I got it all cleaned up and it all works great. It has a 5 CD changer, radio and 2 cassettes thingys. Has pretty good sound too. I still have it sitting on my kitchen table so I need to get it into my living room.

Since I haven't been very good at grooming the doggies every two weeks....I guess I'm going to try and get that all done tomorrow. I may just shave them all down except for Joey and Brenna. I really wish I could find homes for the other 3 but it would break Ricky's heart for Gidget or Ozzie to go. What did I get myself into....
Old 09-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #22
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We ran around all day looking for pots and decorations for our little back yard corner! Gary just loves to putter around and look for things like that, if he has a purpose. Unlike me , he won't shop just to shop (my favorite past time), but if he's looking for something like outdoor pottery or decorations, then he loves to shop.

We went to 5 stores today and ended up buying a gecko, a dragon fly, and 3 more pots. I'll take some pictures when I have more light.

We also bought some mums for the front yard, I think it may be cool enough now, not to fry them. It's supposed to be in the 80's all week and 60's at night. I am REALLY looking forward to getting up, stepping outside and enjoying 60-something degree mornings!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
Janet

Today I groomed the doggies and yes....I did cut Ozzie and Emilee down some, not shaved, but much shorter. I'll try to get some pictures to show you. I started around 9 this morning and finished around 2:30 this afternoon. With them all shorter it won't take near as long now...yay!!!

I know what you mean about the cool mornings Gayle. Right now at 7:30 in the evening it's only 58 degrees. I love this cool weather. I have the doors and windows open and well...it's kind of cool in this house...LOL...might have to at least close the doors in a bit. This is great sleeping weather.

That's pretty much all I've done except for doing laundry of the doggie beds and blankets. Tomorrow I'm hoping to walk again with the ladies and get some things done that I didn't get done today.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #24
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I had an appointment to have Max and Annie groomed, but it was canceled, so I have the day all to myself!!!

I should go to Kingston, but I don't know if I'm in the mood for shopping. I have $75 in gift cards at Homegoods, and $150 at Home Depot!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #25
Janet

Good for you Judy....my gift cards don't last long enough to say "I have gift cards"....lol

Today I walked 3 miles with the ladies again. It was so cold, but I just wore short sleeves. After the 2nd lap...I was getting pretty warm and sweating. I feel so good after the walks and then coming home to shower.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #26
paula1961

Wow Janet you're doing great with the walking. You go girl!!

Lynne..them babies are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy have fun spending your gift cards and thanks for the well wishes!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of pix of your new stuff for your yard Gayle.

Lynsey I sure hope you got your faucet fixed and that it didn't cost alot.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #27
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh yes, I forgot to update about that sprayer! A new set of faucets would be $674... a new sprayer would be $90... we wondered if we could call the maker and just order the one part we need instead of the whole thing. Scott called and told the guy the part we needed. He asked for Scott's name and address, and said "You can expect it in 6-7 days" Scott said "Wait, how much does it cost?" and he said it's FREE! Lifetime guarantee! So that was just awesome

Janet, it's great that you are walking every day! I actually just started walking as well, but on my treadmill. I used to be so in shape and happy with myself physically, that I have just gotten this urge to work on it again. I've been doing a half hour a day

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #28
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well, I stayed home today! As most of you know we had a gunman on campus today. So sad and puzzling. He was a sophomore, had graduated high school 2 years ago, 7th in his class (a really big school). He lived with his parents. Also, he had ample opportunity to shoot several people, but he didn't shoot anyone but himself - which of course is good. But why did he bring a gun to campus and shoot it randomly with people all around, but not at anyone. Very strange. I'm sure we'll find out more in the days to come though.

I went to lunch with my daughter and mom, then Gary and I went to Cabela's. Didn't buy much, just a few fishing flies. We ate dinner at Cracker Barrel - I had breakfast!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:29 AM   #29
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Gayle, I'm glad that the gunman only hurt himself. I don't understand why they shoot other people then themselves. It sounds like he was a really good stude nt.....I wonder what was going on with him to make him do this?

Janet, I'm so happy to hear that you're walking!!! I know when I was swimming how much better I felt!! It is a lot more fun when you have other people doing it with you!!!

Lindsey.....Yay for lifetime warranties!!!!!

Judy, where'd you get your gift certificates from? That sounds like a fun way to shop!! My kids always give us certificates for places to eat.

Lynne.....The puppies are just adorable!! I wish that you lived closer so I could come and see them!!! I'm sure that the tiny ones are more of a worry.

Paula, I just didn't want to leave you out!!! Hugs, GF!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #30
Janet

I didn't go walk today. I wanted to, but I've gotten a chest cold. Probably from yesterday walking and breathing in all that cold air....it was really cold. Now my chest is congested and it hurts a bit. Tried to come home and take a nap, but the dogs kept barking at one thing or another and each other...lol...that the nap didn't happen.

I wish I could just stay home this afternoon and not drive the bus route. I just feel tired.

This weekend my niece is getting married. Not really wanting to drive 2 hours there and 2 hours back with Mother. We won't be able to stay for the reception because of the dogs. The boys will be gone for the weekend with a Scout outing. This wedding is really screwing up my 'alone' weekend.