4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 09-01-2008, 06:36 AM   #31
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
HI Janet,
I'm not sure how I missed this thread about your mom, but I sure hope all goes well. I know it is a big worry. My mom is 85 too, and I can just imagine if she was faced with all of this. Good luck with all of it.
Thanks Gayle. I hope your mom is still active and healthy at 85 years young. I didn't know we had a mother the same age.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #32
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
My Mom and I have different personalities. I know that there are times she sits back and shakes her head at what I do!!! My Mom's quiet and sometimes...............ok, usually I'm not. LOL My Mom is careful about what she says and....................well, I have open mouth/insert food problems!!!! I swear it's a disease that the doctor's just haven't gotten in the book yet!!!!! I'm waiting for the meds to come out anytime!!!!!

I just know we had to be separated at birth....I have that open mouth/insert foot disease too!! I think it can sometimes be hereditary...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #33
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I just know we had to be separated at birth....I have that open mouth/insert foot disease too!! I think it can sometimes be hereditary...
Cool!!!! I always wanted to be a twin!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #34
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Thanks Gayle. I hope your mom is still active and healthy at 85 years young. I didn't know we had a mother the same age.

She is not as active as your mom. Six years ago she had a small stroke and couldn't see to drive - there were no other physical problems. She lived in a small town in a rural area. There were no social services and it was 50 miles to the doctor, 140 to the hospital, and a long way to other needs. So, she moved in with me, and basically sat down and let me manage everything. Thus, she has lost a lot of independence. The "use it or lose it" saying is really true. She is in perfect health, but has little energy and doesn't want to do very much.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #35
Janet

Gayle, I'm so sorry. I'm guess I am blessed that Mom is so independent, but it can be a real pain too when you're trying to get them to do what is best for them. My mother shouldn't be driving, but she won't listen. I think my brother is going to talk with the license branch so it will be them telling her and not us.

Mom was in denial about her health, because outside of needing blood..she felt fine. Now we're praying it just isn't too late to get the fistula in her arm so she can start dialysis before her kidney's fail completely. She just wouldn't listen and now she is really worried.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #36
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Janet, just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers, too. Your mom should be fine when they insert the tube. They used a form of heavy sedation when hubby had his heart shocked, and even though it wasn't general anesthesia, he did not feel and does not remember a thing. Even for the procedure they are doing in a couple of weeks, they will use heavy sedation.

Best wishes to you and your family!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote