4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #31
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I didn't go walk today. I wanted to, but I've gotten a chest cold. Probably from yesterday walking and breathing in all that cold air....it was really cold. Now my chest is congested and it hurts a bit. Tried to come home and take a nap, but the dogs kept barking at one thing or another and each other...lol...that the nap didn't happen.

I wish I could just stay home this afternoon and not drive the bus route. I just feel tired.

This weekend my niece is getting married. Not really wanting to drive 2 hours there and 2 hours back with Mother. We won't be able to stay for the reception because of the dogs. The boys will be gone for the weekend with a Scout outing. This wedding is really screwing up my 'alone' weekend.

Ah Janet, I'm sorry you've got a chest cold. I don't think walking and breathing the cold air caused it though - I bet you got it from breathing that "kid air" on the bus!

I know what you mean about your "alone" weekend - I'm ready for one of those too!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #32
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I didn't walk today either. When I get a little overheated I start coughing my head off and well...we know what happens next....pee! It's best I don't laugh either....it throws me into a coughing spell too.

I'm trying to get laundry caught up. The boys will be gone over the weekend and informed me they need some things cleaned. Not sure why they couldn't have thought of it sooner and done it themselves. Oh well....something to keep me from napping...lol.

I forgot to say that yesterday was our anniversary. 36 l....o.....n.....g years.

Well...just heard the dryer buzzer....got to run...
Old 09-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #33
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry you're not feeling the best, Janet. It seems like just when you get in the swing of doing something that something comes up to interrupt it. I hope your cough gets better soon.

I'm not sure whether to say Happy Anniversary or not.....but I will because 36 years is a long time to be married to someone. I wish that things were better between you two. Hugs!!

Today I have Dean!!! He's growing so much!! At almost 7 months he's pulling up to things and standing!!! It seems so early to me!! He still is doing the lunge/crawl not the right kind of crawling. He's a little go-getter that's for sure!!! Grandma has caught him several times playing in the dogs water!!!

Karlie started preschool at our grade school. I had forgotten that they have a preschool for low income children and Dae Lynn was able to get her in....even though it was a little late. She's loving it!!! She goes everyday in the afternoon and rides the bus home since they live in the country now. She is sooo ready for school!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #34
paula1961

Janet I sure hope ya feel better soon! Maybe while the guys are gone this weekend, you can get some rest and hopefully start feeling a little better.

Diana have fun with Dean today! I had all four of my gkids this past weekend. I've got to get some pix on here! I've just been so busy with running back and forth to help with my Dad. I think that they (my parents) might be moving in with me for the winter. Dad's heart dr moved up here and he is not at all happy with the dr that replaced him. Since it's a two and a half hour drive, we thought it would be best if they just stayed the winter with us. They are thinking seriously about it.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #35
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Paula, that would be good for them to stay with you for the winter. It is hard to get out and about in the winter and they would be where you could be at home but still taking care of and helping them.

Janet, enjoy your weekend and I hope you get to feeling better!

Diana, I can't believe that Dean is already pulling up! WOW!

Gary and I went to Abigail's volleyball game this evening. They got beat both games, they were playing a really good team though. Abi played really hard, and I guess that counts for something when the other team is better than your team!

We had to take Rowdy to get neutered today. He's 5 years old and Gary did not want to have him fixed . Well he started getting prostate infections and with the last one the vet told Gary that Rowdy was going to die if he didn't get him fixed. So, today was the day. The big baby (Gary) couldnt' even go with me to take him to the vet!!! He said, "I can't take him and leave him there!" Rowdy did fine though. He had to stay overnight and we pick him up in the morning.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #36
Janet

This morning we had a small breakfast for our Transportation Director who is retiring. He's been there longer than anyone else at the school....36 years.

I came home and got Ricky and then we went to the Vet to pick up some Flea/Heartworm meds and then to look at a couple of RV's. No...I can't afford one, but I want one and will find one I can afford somehow. One of them was $29,000 so that was a no go...lol and the other one was $3500.00....more my speed, but you should have seen it. The outside wasn't so bad, but it looked like they took everything out of the inside and then put it back in with duct tape....LOLOL. Needless to say....I'll keep looking.

Gayle....I'm taking Brenna and Joey to get spayed/neutered on the 11th. I get to bring Joey home that same day, but have to leave Brenna overnight. I'm not thrilled about that at all. They do have some one that lives upstairs that keeps an eye on them at night. Sure wish it was done and over with already.

The guys will be going camping for their fundraiser this evening and won't be back until Sunday. I have to go to my nieces wedding tomorrow and don't want to go at all. 2 hours there....2 hours back. I'll have Mom with me, but now she's saying that if I don't stay for the reception....which I'm not.....she will find another way home. She can find another way to the Dr. on Monday too if that's they way she's going to be.

I love my weekends alone and this wedding is screwing up my favorite day of the week. Hopefully, I'll have more.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #37
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, I hope that you're able to enjoy the weekend after the wedding. I hate when things come up when I think that I have a few days to myself.

I'm sure the dogs will be fine. It is really hard to leave them especially overnight.

We're having problems with fleas in the house. They must be horrible outside because it seems like the dogs are just covered with them. I've kept up on the meds but it's just not keeping up with the problem and Dean's getting bitten when he's here. I think that I may have things undercontrol now......I've been sweeping and spraying the carpet with some flea spray and so far it seems to be working. My fingers are crossed!!! Glen's going to spray the yard again and see if that helps as well.

I have Dean again today. Dae Lynn cleans at the church and can set her won hours so I usually have him on Thursday and Friday!! He's such a good little boy now that he can move around and entertain himself. He loves the dog's water dish and found it again this morning!!! He's pulling up to almost everything but still needs to work on getting back down!!! He loves the windows in the living room because they're low to the floor and he can stand up to them and look outside!!

Yesterday Glen and I went and watched the girls volleyball game. It ended up that Kera didn't play because of a hurt shoulder so Karley and Kiley played the whole time. They have really improved since the last time I saw them play!!!

Then after that we went out and ate then went to the Homecoming Queen pageant. Since Jaci was last years queen she had to be there to pass the crown and give a little speech. She was so beautiful!!!! The pageant was different this year in the fact that they had a Lil Miss with girls 5 to 8 years old. They were voted on with money and the little girl who won was a little cutie!!

We have homecoming this weekend so it will be a full weekend!! Then we have the pastor that married Glen and I that is going to be here on Sunday. David Satterfield is one of my most favorite people!!! And I'm excited that he's going to be here!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #38
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, it is really hard to leave them at the vet overnight. We picked up Rowdy this morning and he keeps looking at us like, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME. Bless his heart, it must be so hard not understanding what happened. He has to wear one of those cone collars because he keeps biting at the stitches. They are not visible and are the dissolve kind, but they don't want him biting at his incision. He looks so sad and uncomfortable in his collar. I bought him a pair of girl doggie panties that completely cover up the incision area so he can go without the cone for a bit. I know I shouldn't leave it covered with the panties for very long, it is better for it to be open to air, but I just have to give him a break from that cone. He is eating a little, drinking good and peeing, so I guess he is going to be OK, but it sure is hard when they don't feel good.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #39
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Gayle, glad to hear Rowdy is home and on the mend, they make soft cones now which look so much more comfortable, just wonder if they work as good as the plastic ones. I have not had to much problem with my dogs needing to wear one.

Janet, it really sucks that Brenna has to stay the night, i would think that if they do the surgery first thing in the morning and had no problems she should be ok at home, but she is very tiny so better to be safe than sorry!! Glad you got their app. made, i need to do the same.

Diana, between you and Gayle you both wear me out the way you both are always coming and going, after working all week i just want to stay home on the weekends.

I did have today off due to inventory, was the reason we had to work 10hrs a day to make up for it.
I had my carpet cleaned today, 4 rooms, but they were either small areas, or just high traffic areas, it's only the 2nd time i have had someone else come in and do it and boy does it look so much better than when i do it, just in time for winter so the dogs can drag snow in on it LOL. And we all know that when you do something like that it leads to more cleaning. I only need the backsplash done in the kitchen and it will be done, just waiting on hubby which mightbe a while, like when it's to cold for him to go outside and tinker. Next room is the liveing room, it needs painted so bad, if i had had the paint i would have started doing it today since i had the room tore a part. It's never ending LOL
Old 10-03-2010, 02:22 AM   #40
Janet

Went to the wedding yesterday. I'll post some pics in another thread later. Mom was a good girl too...lol. I was exhausted after the drive...so came home played with the dogs and went to bed early. Woke up early this morning, had a bit of a headache. I'm sitting here yawning so I may go back to bed in a bit.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #41
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope all of the neutered/spayed dogs are feeling better! It is so hard to leave them at the vets overnight!

Paula, it does sound like a good idea to bring your folks to your house. How good that he is well enough to come to you at least!

Diana, Baby Dean is just growing so fast! They are so cute when they start exploring the world! I know you are enjoying every second with him. Karlie must be the cutest little school girl! Does she have a backpack and crayons?

Janet, I hope you feel better! At least the wedding is over and you can enjoy your time alone!

Gayle, Abi sounds like a real champ at volleyball. It is great that Grandma and Grandpa go to her games!

I have been in the house for the past two days. We had serious rain and flooding, although yesterday afternoon was nice. Today is also beautiful, but I may just stay in. I'm in that kind of mood. Got a lot of things done in the house, like hanging pictures and putting up curtains. Got a lot of laying on the couch time too. I am really feeling lazy, and may just go with it.

I am trying to decide whether or not to go to Florida Februrary. It is expensive, and would eat into my savings a lot. I also have not gotten my life to where I want it here socially, and I'm afraid the disruption of going away would just slow that down more. On the other hand, the thought of laying on the beach in the winter sounds wonderful.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #42
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am washing, packing, watering the plants/yard, getting ready to be gone for a few days.

I don't know if I mentioned that we are going to Arkansas for a long weekend. Gary's sisters, husbands, and aunt and uncle are all going up for the weekend (Thurs-Mon). We are driving to southern OK Wed after work to pick up Gary's aunt and uncle. Then we'll drive on to northwestern Arkansas Thursday morning - about an 8 hour drive. We have rented a big house with a view of Beaver Lake. Gary has another aunt and uncle that live on Beaver Lake, so it will be a family weekend.

The only bad part is coming home. We'll drive to southern OK next Monday, spend the night, then get up early and drive home Tuesday morning. I have class at 4:00 on Tuesday, so I am sure to be tired, but, oh well, you only live once. LOL!

Our little Rowdy is just about back to normal. He is eating well, drinking, peeing and pooping - what more can you ask! He seems fine and is not bothering the incision site. They sent him home in a v-collar, but I got him a pair of girl panties and we put them on him when we leave and he does fine. That collar was just horrid! During the day when we are here, he doesn't seem to bother the incision at all, although it may start to itch pretty soon, so we'll have to watch him.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:28 AM   #43
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good boy Rowdy! It sounds like he is recovering fine. Mine never wore that collar either.

I'm going to the dentist today. Driving down to the city! I have yet another new dentist - Dr. Suzuki. I think he's the 7th or 8th dentist I have had. This has been going on for about 12 years.

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST YEAR!!! GRRRRR!!!!

Anyway, I love going to the city. I eat junk food all day, and then get a quick taste of NYC. On the way home, if I have time, shopping on Rte. 17 in New Jersey is fabulous! My audiobook is "The Passage."

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #44
Janet

Today I took Mom to her heart dr. They did an echogardiogram (I think). They use a thing with jelly on it like an ultrasound. Then on the 15th we go back and the Dr. will tell us what he saw.

I'm still coughing and it's making me crazy. I thought I was just about to stop and it's not stopping. I get so tired of peeing everytime I cough....grrrrrrr!!!!

I'm not going to post pictures of the wedding here....would just take too long. I do have them on FB so please take a look. I was so shocked to see Teressa.....she had gained sooo much. As you can tell....we're all healthy eaters...lol...but I worried when I saw Tess.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #45
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yep, the jelly with the ultrasound looking wand is an echocardiogram. Gary has to have one of those about every 6 months.

It was such a pretty day here yesterday and today. I was in and out all day yesterday watering and taking are of the plants/yard. But today I was inside at work most of the day.