4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #31
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Teaching is so wonderful, Diana! It pays a consistent salary, you get health insurance, and you are home when your children are home. It is perfect for a single parent!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #32
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That's what Dae Lynn was thinking too. She'd make a good teacher!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #33
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
How are things going for Dae Lynn now Diana? Does she have any idea of what she might do over the summer? Does her job pay her during the summer? I know...lots of questions. I didn't know if she was going to try and find a part-time job or attend school. Wishing her all the best.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #34
DianaB

She has a job cleaning the church that will pay a little bit......not much but she thinks that she can make it on that. Then she's checking into student loans and grants to get her through school which starts in August. She's wanting to clean the church and have time to play with the kids because she's planning on being really busy when she starts school. She'll be taking a lot of classes so she's not planning on working at the school too. It will just be too much to handle.

As far as Damon is concerned......she sees him a little more than we care for her to.......but it's her marriage and she has to decide what she's going to do. Actually it bothers Glen quite a bit. They are having another date night on Saturday so they'll be going out to eat and to the movies. Damon has started some classes for his alcholism. There's a church that doing a program called Celebrate Recovery. My brother was involved in one in Bartlesville and it helped him while he was in it so we're hoping that it will help Damon. He has an accountability partner which is good as long as he calls him when he needs help. Only time will tell.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #35
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I think it's great she will start school. Education will help her think more clearly.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #36
Janet

I'm so glad she has a plan, that's the first step. It's still going to be rough on you though isn't it come August. She'll need you to watch the kids while she works at the church, goes to school and studies. You better get out now and enjoy the summer I know you'd do anything to help her, just remember that when you need time to yourself for whatever, to take it.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #37
DianaB

You're right.....it will be harder on me. I'm not looking forward to it either but hopefully after the summer I'll feel more refreshed. Taking care of Dean isn't a problem.......but Karlie is a different story.

Dae Lynn talked to her teacher yesterday and she admitted that Karlie is a difficult child. She causes problems for the other kids and I don't think that she's liked very well because of it. Dae Lynn says that Damon was the same way when he was little. Personally I think that Dae Lynn needs to talk to the school counselor and see if he can talk to Karlie next year. He's a great man and VERY good at his job. It was nice to know that someone else sees the problems that we see in Karlie.

Trust me.....I'll be doing more this summer for myself. Since Dae Lynn will be here and at the church she can watch the kids herself. Now I just need to figure out what to do!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #38
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

At least he isn't living in your house anymore! I hope Dae Lynn starts school soon, but you need the other kids to help you with Dean and Karlie.

I think there is a point where it is not a good idea to be a hero! Get help from the rest of the family.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #39
DianaB

I know that the other kids will help this summer but when school starts again in the fall everyone is busy again.

Amy has been helping to watch the kids more. She sees how hard it is on me sometimes.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #40
Janet

I think your family is so wonderful Diana. I'm glad you're all close enough that Amy can see you need some help with the kids once in a while. You really are blessed!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #41
DIANE W

Oh Diana... I am sad to hear Dae Lynn is still feeling like that about Damon, i know your hands are tied and it is her decision, but i feel so worried for her.

I really wish she was strong enough to stay clear of him and really move on with her life. One never knows he may change and be a wonderful husband and father in the future, but somehow i can only see heartache ahead..... how i wish Dae Lynn was away from him, i do understand he will always be part of her life and the kids, but it seems to me she has strong love still for him, despite his previous actions, and she cant distance herself from him, like she needs to.

Regarding watching the children.... oh dear where would she be without you all helping out all you do? Diana i know you dont have a choice, but you do need to have some ground rules i think, so that Dae Lynn can understand, how hard it is for you, and make sure she clears up after the children, you need to be definite in that you are going to take a break and plan to do things away from home as much as you can.

I hope everything works out for all of you.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #42
Janet

Hope you all had a great weekend Diana and that this first week out of school goes well. Probably be a good idea to have some kind of plan everyday for Karlie. You know, a scheduled day like in school. Breakfast...make bed, clean room, play, snack, play, pick up toys,lunch, help with lunch clean up, rest by reading or something sitting, play, help get things ready for supper and the evening to do whatever. Except for bath and bedtime. She just seems like she needs some kind of structure. I know you've probably already thought of this, but just wanted to try and help. I want you to have a good summer.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #43
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think Dae Lynn needs to go through the process of separating from Damon, and it takes as long as it takes. She might even go back with him for a while, and then leave again. I hate to say it, but I do not think he will turn things around. It takes an enormous effort, and he is doing the minimum by going to this group. You really can't say that he will always be a part of her life because of the children either. My first husband was not part of my life, and in her teens, not really part of Jessie's life either.

One day at a time!

You might want her to do more to help with the kids, Diana. Does she have time to spend with them? She can set them up for the next day as far as things to do, etc.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #44
DianaB

Judy, yes.....Dae Lynn spends a lot of time with the kids when she's home and shen she's home I try to leave all their care to her so I have a break.

This moring Glen made breakfast, which I don't usually have to worry about their breakfast, and Dae Lynn got the kids dressed. The kids have played outside until Dean did a face-plant off of the swings!! He was swinging on his tummy and I think, got top heavy and went over face first. He came in with dirt all in his mouth, nose, and all over his face......and scratches on nose and below his nose......Poor little guy! So now they're watching TV.

Having a structured day for Karlie is a good idea but also will be some work for me. I'll see how things go and if I need to that would be a good idea to incorporate in our day.

I think that at the moment Damon is doing good. He's not an alcholic in the sense of drinking all the time.....it's binge drinking probably a couple of times a year. So he CAN do good when he wants to. He has gone a year and a half without drinking when they were first married so he Can do better when he wants to. I'm torn between what I want her to do.......I'm just glad that it's not my decision!! It really shows how important it is to chose your mate wisely!!! If you were to meet Damon he's very likeable so it's hard to figure out what to do.

Dae Lynn spent all day yesterday with Damon and, I guess, Glen asked her about what she did yesterday and it set him off in a bad mood. Some mornings he's so grouchy that I cant' wait for him to go to work!!!! Today was one of those days!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #45
Janet

Saw on FB that today is Dae Lynn's birthday. I did write on her page, but please tell her I'm thinking of her and wishing her a wonderful day!