4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 12-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #31
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You ladies are so lucky. The best present my husband has EVER gotten me was my own tool box......so I would stay out of his. Everything need is in that box except for my drill. And worrying about him spending too much....LOLOL. Never happen. I wish my son would give me an idea of what he would like to have, but it's been mostly a guessing game. I sure hope he's surprised at some of it.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #32
Janet

I'm done shopping....yeah!!! It's over, I'm done until next year. Didn't get alot, but if they are not going to give me a list to go by, then it's their fault.

Santa got Ricky a bendable ratchett set, 3 pr of jeans, ear muffs, and a camera you put in the woods to see how many deer are around your tree stand....or just to take pics of wildlife as they walk by.

Daddy's Santa got Ricky a Bionic ratchett, mustache and beard trimmer and I'm not sure what else so Ricky should be very happy.

I got Rick a pr. of ear muffs, somekind of Boresnake used to clean guns and a watch. He said he asked for one last year and didn't get one so thought he'd try again.

I know Ricky got me a new case with wireless keyboard for my IPad and Rick got me a recipe easy Crockpot Cookbook. Guess anything else will be found out Christmas morning.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #33
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Your guys got some good stuff there, Janet! I got Gary one of those game cameras too. Well, he really got it for himself, since the one he has broke, so I'm wrapping it up for Christmas since he really isn't getting anything else.

I know Gary got me some Ugg boots I wanted and then I think the rest are little bird figurines - but there are about 12 boxes, so I hope I don't have TWELVE birds, I don't have room for that many!!! LOL!

I'm finished too, I just got the stocking stuffers for my mom this morning. And I also got her a couple of outfits on sale at Penny's. I went ahead and took them to her because I've got her a couple of things to unwrap already. I just got the outfits because she needs some clothes and they were on sale.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #34
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Yay I'm done with my shopping.

I got them each a pair of shoes. And their taste are pretty high so that's a treat for them.

Then I bought them a laptop and a PS 3 or whatever that game is called. The laptop was on sale and suitable for all their homework. The PS 3 was 300 but i received a $100 credit at Walmart. And I go to Walmart every week.

I don't have anyone to buy me a Christmas present so I buy myself one. This year I bought me a 60 in LCD tv Original price was 2700 and I got it in clearance for 1300.

Good thing I have good credit
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 AM   #35
Janet

Wow!! What a deal on the TV, you did good girl! Isn't it nice to be done shopping instead of worrying about right up until Christmas eve?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #36
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Jessica, you did GOOD, girl!!! I don't care about anyone buying me Christmas presents, so I am happy when someone tells me to just buy something for myself. Gary will do that, but then he always buys something for me anyway. :roll eyes: Your kids are going to love their presents!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #37
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Nice gifts evereybody! Betsi and Gayle, please post pix of what is in all yourn little boxes! Linds, what is Scott giving you?

Jessica, I love that you bought the TV, and at a great price! I also do a lot of shopping for myself when I am shopping for everybody else. My ex used to buy me beautiful gifts, but at some point, it really comes down to love is all you need, and I didn't love him.

Janet, it sounds like you and Rick have become good friends. I hope this is true, because that would be really nice for you!

I think I am done. I wrote out a bunch of checks for the staff around here, my hairdresser, and so on. I got lucky with the kids. Mackenzie has not picked out which cell phone she wants yet, but she will get to it. I can do a Walmart run for her phone and smartcard. Jessie went to Albany, and picked out gifts from me to Brandon and Kassidy, within my budget for them. I think she is even going to wrap them! I have a bunch of stocking stuffers for them, but I need a few more, especially for Brandon. They just don't have boy things in the dollar stores! I got the girls beautiful hand knit hats from a friend. She charged so little, I yelled at her! Jessie and Steve are getting gift cards, and that should do it. Jessie is working on a painting for me. I am so excited! She sketches and paints beautifully, and I have been asking her for one. She keeps getting better and better at it too.

I still haven't put my tree out! I thought the kids were coming to sleep over, and we could set everything up together, but they didn't. It should take me all of an hour.

I am finally in the Christmas mood. I enjoy giving gifts to people I care about, I just can't stand the hype, commercials, etc., etc.

Brandon and Kassidy were in the 4th grade school play last week. It was adorable, and Jessie made the costumes. It was about different bugs celebrating Christmas, and at the end, one of the "bugs" wished everybody a Very Merry Christmas. Then he said to have a wonderful holiday if you do not celebrate Christmas. I thought it was perfect! One little sentence, so nobody could fuss about being politically correct, and not a problem at all that this was a
Christmas play!

I have had it with political correctness! Where I live it is all about Christmas, and it is so much more comfortable, like when I was a kid.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #38
Janet

Quote:
Janet, it sounds like you and Rick have become good friends. I hope this is true, because that would be really nice for you!
No...not really Judy...we mostly just co-habitate...lol. We get along for the most part, but that's about it.

I love it when the kids have school or church Christmas programs. They are so fun to watch and make it seem more like Christmas.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #39
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have no idea what he got me Judy! I have dropped SO many hints about things I want! Mostly, an iPad or a similar tablet, or some jewelry. There was a commercial on the radio about the perfect gift being a gift card at the mall and Scott said "That's almost what I got for you but the people at work said I had to figure out something better" and I was like "Seriously? I have been telling you for months what I want and you were going to get a gift card?" I don't mind gift cards, but from him I want something more, something that takes effort and thought! Anyways, he said I have not told him anything I want. I said iPad and he said I wouldn't use it. I said jewelry and he said he already got me a ring, what more do I want? He said I already have jewelry around that I don't always wear. I said yeah, jewelry from Walmart. I want real jewelry that means something. Oh well. There's a box there. We'll see what it is.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to snoop here anymore... while he was in Vegas I got him a leaf blower/vacuum that he was looking at in Walmart (also handy for light snow!) and I went to Home Depot and after a lot of research from my dad, uncle, and brother, got him a good brand air compressor with a brad nailer. He can use it when we finish our basement, and he will also use the compressor for working on his truck he's restoring.

I am not in the Christmas mood at all. We're having a brown Christmas this year. It's the first time in years. Almost all of our snow is melted and there is no more in the forecast before the weekend. It feels like fall outside, not the winter wonderland it should be!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #40
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Lindsey you cannot drop hints. You have to tell them what you want.

What I learn in life is that man that know exactly what the women wants is a player. The rest are poor individuals that break their heads trying to figure you out. Which is good because it's never good for a man to know you 100% you have to have something to intrigue them with.

I would rather them give me cold cash so I can pay my bills than get something I will want to return. Judy you are so right about the beautiful gifts too. Everyone in my family is so mad at me for dropping a guy with a PhD d from Rice that could afford every little thing I wanted. But gifts are not everything. I wish my kids understood that now
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #41
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Last night I was taking out presents from under the tree for my brother's family and my grandma, because we are going to take them to their houses today. I picked up one I don't remember wrapping and it says "To Lindsey From Santa" in Scott's writing Scott insisted he had no idea where it came from lol! This morning he said it wasn't there to begin with, but he doesn't remember when he got it. He does know I picked him up from work and he brought it from his office to the car without me noticing lol! It is a pretty big box though, and heavy, so maybe it's something little and he just put it in a different box and weighed it down with something! Haha I have no idea!

Jessica and Judy, I know what you mean! I dated a wealthy guy too, he co-owned a crane company with his dad (he was a crane operator too, lots of $$$ in that!) and he grew up with money. I loved that he could take me nice places and pay for everything, but beyond that there was nothing! Well, except for other girls' clothing under his bed and mysteriously disappearing for days at a time and not calling me back... I wasn't the only one. He had the nerve to admit that sure, there were others, but I was the one he had feelings for, the one he always thought about, and the one he'd always be coming home to. The money wasn't worth staying with that!!!

I am most looking forward to my parents visiting, because they never really come out to our house anymore. I guess that's what we get for moving out of the city. But this time there is no shopping to do, no reason to spend time in the city, so we can actually just visit and not be running around doing other things.

Oh yeah, I guess we're not 100% done shopping yet either. Scott wants to buy something extra for his dad because he just got a gift card! I'm going to look online today and see if we can just go straight to a store after work and grab whatever it is we decide on!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote