4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Any Started or Done With Christmas Shopping?

I have finally started, but it won't take me very long this year. I only have the guys to buy for. All us kids quit buying for each other because it caught so expensive with everyone's growing families. So we all just bought for Mom and our own immediate family.

I have Ricky a couple of things and Rick just one so far. Need to find out what else they are hoping Santa brings them.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I just received an order from Aeropostale for the older girls. I bought the three oldest hoodies with fur around the hood and a shirt. I got Daya basically the same thing except in men's clothing. She's not a very girly-girl. Amy says that she'll love it.

I ordered a nice hooded jacket for Tammy. She's hard for me to buy for and she had picked this out at Thanksgiving so I orded it. I was surprised when it was on sale for 40% off on cyber Monday!! And I order a picture frame set for Jaci. It's so cute.....It's frames and other pieces that go together to look like a tree. Here's what I got.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=17932616

They're hoping to buy a house soon (fingers crossed) and this will go perfectly in the living room!!

Our little Alco store had some pretty good sales on Thanksgiving weekend so I got a few things for Karlie and Dean. I've also got some perfume and a Wii game for Dae Lynn and the kids and I made hand and foot ornaments for her yesterday.

I'm hoping to get my shopping done early this year.......we'll see!! I think that Dae Lynn and I are going to Wichita next week so hopefully I'll get a lot more done then!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Janet

That wall plaque is really cute Diana. Since I don't have to buy as much this year, I'm hoping to be done by next week too. I still need to order Ricky some jeans from Kohl's and then find out what Rick would like to have.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The picture frame is so nice, Diana! It sounds like you are almost done.

Janet, you are good to go too.

I have an easy Christmas this year. Brandon already got a new game thingamabob, which, I was told, is from me. Mackenzie is getting a cell phone, and I'll be paying for the plan monthly (God help me!) If she goes over, she loses the phone. It's more than I wanted to spend, but she wants a phone so badly, and Jessie and Steve cannot afford it. Kassidy wants some kind of dolls. I think they are twins???? Jessie and Steve are easy. I'll find him an antique guy thing, or give him a gift certificate. Jessie will also get a gift certificate. I'm not sure which store though. It's tricky, because if it's TJ Maxx, or JCPenney's, the girls may use it up before she gets herself anything. Then, it's monetary gifts for our maintenance guy, our manager, etc.,etc.

It's all about handing out money, as far as I'm concerned. I am such a grinch! This is not a holiday I enjoy! Jess and Steve go to midnight mass with the kids, so I don't even get to go to church. I do love the trees, and the decorated homes, and how excited the kids get.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I did most of my holiday shopping in Europe so I'm good to go! My dad and brother are getting hats with magnetic golf ball markers attached to the brim, from St Andrews golf course in Scotland, plus t-shirts from Italy and Ireland, and some fur-lined winter hats with ear flaps from Switzerland. They are also both getting tiny bottles of scotch from Scotland with our family name and tartan on it Crimson is getting knit mittens from Switzerland and perfume from France. My mom is getting a t-shirt from Ireland, perfume from France, a purse from Venice, and a little hand carved and glazed wooden tray from Pisa (I got one too which is in the bathroom with products on it!). The little girls each got little pink purses from Florence, and hats from Paris. For my grandma, I got a tea towel with our name and family crest from Scotland, as well as a little family history and family crest of her maiden name, from Ireland where her family was from.

I don't want to say here what I got for Scott in case he snoops on here! Of course, I couldn't get his in Europe because he was there lol! I got his presents last week while I was home and he was in Vegas

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Those are such great gifts, Linds!!! They will love them! (Do NOT listen to your brother's fiancee's remarks. She will probably say something nasty). I think your family will be thrilled. The gifts are all so thoughtful!

What is Scott getting you?

I have to stop in at the liquor store. I decided to give a bottle of wine with the cash gifts I am giving to the maintenance staff, etc. I still have to find out which phone Mackenzie wants so I can pick a plan for her. I'm really hoping for something around $50/month. I think that's more than enough. She will need unlimited texts for sure.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #7
DianaB

Judy, check into adding Mackenzie to your plan. We can add a phone for about $15 a month and the price of unlimited texts.

Lindsey, your gifts sound really good! I wouldn't have thought about buying Christmas gifts that early!! Good for you!!

I still have a lot to do. I haven't even started on the guys yet. Hopefully I'll be able to get most of it done tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thanks guys! I just asked my brother to make sure, and yes, I did leave a shirt with him for his fiance when we got back from our trip, and she was away when we visited them. I never even got a thanks for it. I don't really expect to hear anything from her when she receives these presents either.

Judy, I think a bottle of wine is a great idea. I agree with Diana, you should see if you can add her to your plan!

Diana, I never buy gifts that early either! We started buying things for people as souveneirs but we kept seeing more things we wanted to get, and figured we'd give each person one or two things when we got home, and save the best things for Christmas presents. Except my mom, I couldn't save her best gift! She is Catholic, and I bought her rosary beads at the Vatican and had them blessed by a priest and delivered to our hotel later that evening. I gave her that as soon as we got home. I couldn't keep it a secret!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
Janet

I guess I'm pretty much done unless I just want to buy something else. I was planning on getting Rick something, but he said "maybe we should just buy our own present" so I guess that's what I'll do. Problem is....I can't afford me.....LOLOL. I would really like to get Ricky a few more odds and ends and will before Christmas morning. Also need to get a couple stocking stuffers.

Great idea adding MacKenzie to your phone plan. So much cheaper for sure. I'm not a big fan of Christmas either Judy, haven't been for such a long time. Mom didn't make it much fun for us and it's pretty much stuck with me. I'm always thankful for the birth of Christ, but always ready for the hub bub of the holiday to be over with.

Lindsey...you did awesome. Everyone should love their gifts, if not, ask for them back...lol
Old 12-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
DianaB

Lindsey, I wouldn't have been able to keep a gift like that a secret either!!! What a great gift to bring home!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

You ladies are all doing great with your gifts!! I'll send money to my kids and grandkids since they are so far away. Michael and Rachel are so good about taking the kids on a special shopping trip to spend their money from us. Then we will all get on Skype to see what we bought them, lol!! Even when they were here we would all go shopping together and out to eat the day after Christmas, just for fun Boy, do I ever miss them!!

I have bought a few things for Mike, but he's just so good at buying things for himself that he doesn't leave anything for me, lol! He likes to shop for me too, so I really don't complain
Old 12-11-2011, 05:56 AM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
You ladies are all doing great with your gifts!! I'll send money to my kids and grandkids since they are so far away. Michael and Rachel are so good about taking the kids on a special shopping trip to spend their money from us. Then we will all get on Skype to see what we bought them, lol!! Even when they were here we would all go shopping together and out to eat the day after Christmas, just for fun Boy, do I ever miss them!!

I have bought a few things for Mike, but he's just so good at buying things for himself that he doesn't leave anything for me, lol! He likes to shop for me too, so I really don't complain
Yes Betsi, I'm missing my kids too, even though they are only 4 hours away, so I really shouldn't complain. But things have been so crazy around here, I haven't been able to go to Houston very much this fall. They have come up twice, but still not having them here for activities leading up to Christmas, is harder than I ever thought.

I bought gift cards for my 15 year old Abigail. Brooke and Bryan will want money. Gary got Emma Little Umi http://www.bradford.com.au/product_i...utan-Doll.html. NO! I didn't pay $199 for her. I think she's a little scary looking in person and I'm not sure Emma will even like her, but that's what her Papaw wanted to get her. Then I got her a Giddy Up Go riding pony because you know she loves horses I got all the kids some fun things for their stockings, so yes, I think I'm about done. But it just hasn't been very much fun this year. I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself - maybe that is what has given me a case of the blahs! I need to go volunteer at the homeless shelter or something to get me over this case of feeling sorry for myself, or whatever it is.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I think it's just lonesome when our kids aren't nearby. Gayle, even though yours aren't but 4 hours away, they are still 4HOURS AWAY!! When you're used to seeing them every couple of days it really makes a difference. I LOVED having mine live with me all summer, but it makes the house extra empty when they leave. Thank Goodness for Skype!!!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That pony is fabulous, Gayle! The doll does look cute in the picture. I hope Emma likes it.

Linds, your Mom's gift from the Vatican is priceless! You are really such a thoughtful young woman!!! What did she say when she got it?

I don't have a cell phone plan. I have pay as you go because we don't get cell phone service in too many spots around here. I leave mine in the car, and almost never use it. Jessie is the only person who has the number! Ir anyone wants to talk to me, it's either my home phone or email. I met somebpody who has a great phone from Walmart, and they have an unlimited text and call plan for $45/month. It's also pay as you go, so no contract. She will have to choose the phone. There is a really nice one for $79. I still haven't gotten the wine, Kassidy's gift, Brandon's little gift, stocking stuffers, or cards! I guess this week is it!

Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I wrapped all my gifts today and I realize I need a few more stocking stuffers for Gary, Bryan, Emma and Abigail. I'll probably hit Big Lots for that stuff. Oh and Gary's sisters do stockings with mostly gag gifts when we go up after Christmas so we got lots of fishing stuff today for their stockings (all his sisters and their husbands love to fish). I need to get a few more little things for their stockings too, but I can do that at Big Lots too, or Dollar General.

I may not go to school tomorrow - I don't have any appointments and I have a few more papers to grade so I can do that here. So, maybe I can wrap up the stocking stuffers tomorrow too! That would be nice.