4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 05-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #31
Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlans
So another question to this is what about sex before marriage?
I'm against it. I think that's an intimacy that should be shared only in marriage. I know people my age are in shock that someone wouldn't sleep with their boyfriend. But I don't think that people take it as seriously as they should. Just look at the pregnancy rates in schools today. A recent graduating class of a high school in my area graduated 64 people, 37 of then girls, and 26 of them pregnant or mothers. There were even pregnant girls in my junior high school.

I know that there are all kinds of bc out today, but the only fool-proof way to prevent pregnancy is hysterecomy, vasectomy, or just to not do it. I know for one that I'm definately not ready to have kids, and many of the people I know that have children aren't mature enough to be parents.

I know being married doesn't necessarily make you mature, but there has to be a certain level of maturity that you obtain within the bonds of marriage because you learn how to share your life with another person and to take another person's needs into consideration. That can somewhat prepare you for having kids.

Of course there's also my religious beliefs that simply state that you do not sleep together before you're married.

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #32
dustiey

I did live with my husband before we were married - it just sorted happened it really wasn't a conscious decision. When we did decide to get married, I was the one with the cold feet and I did not want to go through with it, but that was 8 years ago and here I am today. Would I do it again - ???