4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #31
Lissa

old thread but I couldn't resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
My hubby's green pants were polyester, too. He also had some navy and white hounds tooth corderoy cuffed pants. They were awesome!!!! Or at least he looked awesome in them. They fit just right, and he had a nice butt!! Still does, just a bit bigger. He still dresses himself, but does check with me on color from time to time. I keep him from embarassing himself.
Thus is why posting on the same forum as your mother can be interesting.

Met: August 21, 2006
Started dating: August 27, 2006
Not engaged but the guy's got promise

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #32
Brooke

I met Mike at our church youth group... all the girls liked him, after all he was new blood!!!!

He was the first real boyfriend i had ever had and I was his first girlfriend. He was my first FRENCH KISS, and my first and only anything else...I was his first everything too!!!

We were 17 a nd dated for 3 years before we got married.

We are married 25 years!

Brooke
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #33
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
old thread but I couldn't resist

Thus is why posting on the same forum as your mother can be interesting.

Met: August 21, 2006
Started dating: August 27, 2006
Not engaged but the guy's got promise
Hey, Melissa, you know I was attracted to your dad, or you wouldn't be here, and I was your age when I met him. So perhaps you can relate to meeting the love of your life at college?? We may have more in common than genes.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #34
Kristy

Met June 25, 2006
Dating since then.

He's got promise, too
Old 12-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #35
Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Hey, Melissa, you know I was attracted to your dad, or you wouldn't be here, and I was your age when I met him. So perhaps you can relate to meeting the love of your life at college?? We may have more in common than genes.

Wow, so you approve? And you were so worried when I told you I'd met someone so soon!! (For whoever doesn't know, I met him 4 days after I moved away to college, and was dating him a week later)

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #36
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
Wow, so you approve? And you were so worried when I told you I'd met someone so soon!! (For whoever doesn't know, I met him 4 days after I moved away to college, and was dating him a week later)

Oh don't worry......I met the man who is now my husband the first day of my first semester of college. We had class together and assigned seats next to each other. Even before we started dating, I knew that he was "the one."
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #37
highlans

We met in May74 and married in May76 would have been sooner for me as I knew straight away he was the one but did not know he was married for 6months, so by the time his divorce came through we had been together nearly 2years. Have been happily married now 30years
highlans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #38
MarisaK

My husband and I dated a year before getting married.

We met on july 91 and he proposed that same month before I when back to college. We are still together, of course we have our good and bad days.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #39
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My husband and I were high school sweethearts. We dated for about 2 years and have been married for 32 years!! I knew that he was the love of my life soon after I started dating him.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 PM   #40
Passionfruition

We met in June of 2002.
We started dating in August of 2002.
We got engaged February 28th of 2003 (after dating 6 months!)

We married on February 28th of 2004.

We have now been married 3 years, 1 month, and a few days!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 AM   #41
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Our story is so interesting...

My husband and I knew each other when we were both in high school, but we weren't really close friends or anything. He graduated (he was two years older than me) and moved to Pittsburgh, PA, eight hours away. We started talking one day on IM and hit it off REALLY well. We started talking on the phone every night, for several hours at a time. In no time at all, we had both developed feelings for each other, but were scared to death to tell the other person in case it would in some way ruin our amazing friendship. We were SO intimate with each other over the next year. He knew more about me than my closest friends and he says I knew more about him than any friend he had ever had as well. We just had the best, most in depth, soul-searching and fun conversations and we were never bored with each other. Ever. He would play guitar and sing songs to me over the phone. lol. I thought he was the cutest thing EVER. Well, that summer, he convinced me to work at a summer camp with him and I did. It was the first time since we had gotten close that we would be able to see each other. Our first hug was SO special!! I was scared to actually be physically together, but it was immediately like we had lived in the same state and had a normal friendship all along. Amazingly, we got even closer! At this point, it was very difficult to hide our feelings and on July 23, nearing the end of camp, he kissed me unexpectedly!! I was shocked! I mean, we were still "just friends", right?? That's what we had been telling everyone and even ourselves. But that one kissed changed everything. We were finally able to be completely open about our feelings and it was SUCH a relief to learn that he felt the same way. Apparently, everyone except for us thought it was completely obvious that we were in love. When I told my mom we were dating she said "I know." When I told my sister, she said, "It's about time!" lol. After camp he moved to Louisiana. Six months later we were engaged (on New Year's Eve during my first trip to PA when I met his family). Afterwards, he moved back to PA. Six months later, on July 10, 2004, we were married at the camp where we had our first kiss. And he sang to me at our wedding. It was the most romantic thing EVER.

And three years later, we couldn't be happier!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:51 AM   #42
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Yikes! I didn't realize that was so long. Sory.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote