4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 09-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
2tiredmom

How long did you date B4 you married him?

Ok Girls here's a good one if i do say so myself. How long did you date before you married your spouse?
I was married before. I divorced in April of 89 and started dating the love of my life on June 30th of 89. July 18 of 89, he proposed. I said yes. We got married on Sept. 9, 89. Don't get me wrong we have had our ups and downs. But you have to give and take. I didn't marry his family I married him. It's a good thing too just ask Janet. lol. we have been together for 17 years and right now it seems to be the best of those years so far. I have been truly blessed.

2tiredmom
2tiredmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Let's see. We met in November I believe and we were married the next September. (we both had to finalize our divorces first or it would have been sooner)

Both my hubby and I are on our 3rd marriages. ( I know ladies, don't freak) We just knew it was right, we were meant for each other. Besides, 3rd times a charm!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

My hubby and I met in the fall of 2002, we had a class together in college. We had our first date on Dec. 3, 2002, he proposed on February 4th, 2005, and we got married August 6, 2005. We would have gotten married sooner, but I wanted to finish college first (hubby is 2 years old so he had already finished). I got married 3 days after my last day of college!
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
Mandy78

I met my hubby when I was 22, and I knew he was the one. But I felt like I was too young to get married. He was 30 when we met. So an 8 year age difference. So we dated for 4 years before we got married. But we moved in together after 2 years!!!!! So now we are going on 7 years of being together and going on 2 years of marriage! YAY!!!!!!!! And this is both of our 1st marriage!!!!! And I still like him...LOL!!!!!!! So I truly do hope we last forever!!!! I can't imagine not being with him!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tiredmom
Ok Girls here's a good one if i do say so myself. How long did you date before you married your spouse?
I was married before. I divorced in April of 89 and started dating the love of my life on June 30th of 89. July 18 of 89, he proposed. I said yes. We got married on Sept. 9, 89. Don't get me wrong we have had our ups and downs. But you have to give and take. I didn't marry his family I married him. It's a good thing too just ask Janet. lol. we have been together for 17 years and right now it seems to be the best of those years so far. I have been truly blessed.

2tiredmom

In ONE sentence....her in-laws SUCK big time!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #6
Janet

Okay, let's see if the ole memory is working today:

Met him January 15, 1970
Engaged in January 1974
Married September 28, 1974

Married 32 years this month.

WHO'D A THOUGHT??????
Old 09-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #7
Cribal

We were friends for a year... about 2 months into the friendship he started living with me

We dated for 7 months and then he asked me to marry him on christmas and we got married that Sept.

We've been together 1 year Sept. 10th.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
Cribal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Okay, let's see if the ole memory is working today:

Met him January 15, 1970
Engaged in January 1974
Married September 28, 1974

Married 32 years this month.

WHO'D A THOUGHT??????
How did you remember when you met him? You must have a great memory capacity or there must be a good memory about the day you met. (if it's the second one then, do tell !!!) < i'm nosy>
Old 09-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribal
How did you remember when you met him? You must have a great memory capacity or there must be a good memory about the day you met. (if it's the second one then, do tell !!!) < i'm nosy>

No not really, this is gonna kill ya I just know it!!!

We were fixed up by my friends gay husband. They had a big street light in front of their house and underneath the streetlight was this old, beat up, each panel a different color '55 Chevy. I didn't go at the specified time (I was just about to turn 16) and I wasn't going to go out with some weirdo that drove a car like that. So after a while my friend called and asked where I was and I told her "aint no way I'm going out with this guy". She finally talked me into it and when I went over there he was...in clothes that didn't match and he had on corduroy pants with the threads so thick he looked like a bear from the waist down. We didn't go anywhere just sat and talked, (I would have been embarassed to death for my other friends to see me with the half bear guy). After a while I said I didn't feel well and went home. He called the next day and asked me out, but I told him I didn't know. Well he talked me into it once I asked him to just wear jeans. OH MY GOD this goofball arrives wearing a nice blue shirt and a pair of jeans with peace signs all over them. I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!! He was so nice though and even though we DID NOT get out of the car.... we had a nice talk and I casually told him he dressed like a freak. From then on he dressed much better and as time went on most of his presents from me were clothes. HAHAHA So here we are today ...just as happy as two matched people could be.

He's not so bad and going down memory lane reminded me of that.....thanks gals.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
Shannon

We met July 4, 2003.
We dated long distance.
We moved in together on March 15, 2005.
We got engaged July 4, 2006.
We are getting married April 14, 2007.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:43 PM   #11
Taurus Babe

We met May 19th 2006...He hasn't asked YET! But I'll give it a year!

Last edited by Taurus Babe; 09-20-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Taurus Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #12
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus Babe
We met May 19th 2006...He hasn't asked YET! But I'll give it a year!
Give it more than that. You are still young.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #13
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

You all are so great at remembering dates. All I know is I've been married 8 years. I can't remember yesterday let alone the year. LOL
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #14
Shannon

I only remember mine because it was a holiday. When we met, I was three sheets to the wind and I can't remember what we talked about. I do remember making out with him later that night. I was thinking man, I am seeing fireworks. I was so drunk that I forgot it was Independence Day!
Old 09-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #15
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I met Greg through mutual friends when I was visiting them with a different boyfriend in Oct of 1981. He told them when we left that "That's the woman I want. I'm going to marry her." They about laughed him out of the place, saying that I would NEVER give up the guy I was with for anyone. (We had been childhood sweethearts and rediscovered each other after my divorce.)

Greg was NOT a womanizer... had really only had ONE girlfriend before me and was 34 years old! So it was a shock to our friends and ME when I moved in with him 5 months later! We lived together until Aug of 1985 when we married. He proposed 3 times before I finally caved in. I was extremely gunshy after my 1st marriage and really wasn't eager to repeat that.