4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 05-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #61
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm pretty sure this isn't the right time to find out that Scott took another girl on a date a week and a half ago to an event I decided at the last minute not to go to. So he decided at the last minute to invite another girl to go with him and not mention a word of it until today. I feel sick.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #62
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

NO!!! What???? There is probably a completely rational explanation for this. Oh Lindsey, I wish I could come up there and help you!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #63
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

His friends do this stupid awards thing and it's a very formal event and I was so tired I couldn't go but he decided he would still go alone. I spent the night cuddling with Layla on the couch and going to bed early while texting him wondering when he'd be home because the roads were icy. He just asked me today how Saturday is going to work out because this girl wants to take him out to eat Saturday night as a thanks for taking her to those awards with him. And she's not part of that group, he invited her at the last minute to go with him. And now he asks if he can see her Saturday night if I'd be okay with Layla because he'd really like to go. I don't know what to do. I am just numb. He's trying to call me at work but I don't want to get into this in front of my coworkers. I'm trying to stay calm. I don't know him.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #64
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Yes you do know him. Just ask him how he would feel if the situation was reversed. How would HE like to stay home Saturday while YOU went out on a date?? This is just crazy. He knows how upset you are about Layla. What is he thinking?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #65
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

No idea.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #66
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I think that you've had some wonderful advice......I'm here to give you a hug and Layla a hug Oh.....and Scott a hug

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #67
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

So many people right now are telling me that it would be best to just put Layla down. I can't even listen to them. My heart is so broken.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #68
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Good Grief!! She just had surgery and she needs time to heal! As long as her pain is controlled and she's not suffering, there is no reason for her to be PTS. But if the time DOES come, you will know it...YOU are her mommy.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #69
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you. Even a friend who has been praying for us told me that. She has a dog of her own who is like her baby and she said she would put him down. I said even if he still licked your face every morning? Even if he still knew his commands and would sit or lay down when you asked him to? Even if he had life in his eyes? If he got excited for treats? And if he would do what he could to spend every moment by your side? And she said, yes. I don't know if we still have her prayers.

I know I might be reaching but I've made an appointment with a woman who does all sorts of healing. I actually met her the last time I went to the spa last year, she works there and was just filling in with massage, pedicure, manicure, etc. But what she usually does is reiki and other types of healing therapies. On her website she has a lot of testimonials from people who apparently have gotten over pain and illnesses with her help, and she claims to be able to feel energy flows through her hands and she is communicating with the Creator, and this allows her to help heal wounds and ease pain. I am a bit skeptical I'll admit, but I feel like we meet every person in life for a reason. She happened to give me a pedicure, and talked a lot about her practice, and out of nowhere she popped into my head yesterday. Why not give it a try? It's even cheaper than an acupuncture treatment. We may take Layla right to her house on Saturday morning.

I have also heard a lot about chiropractors. The vet at the university said it's not a good idea, but our vet in town said she is a big advocate of chiropractic care, and it's the only reason she's walking. I've heard from a lot of people saying it has cured their paralyzed dogs, even when they were told surgery was their only option. I found one canine chiropractor in the city and emailed her just for some information.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #70
paula1961

There is NO way that I could even consider putting that baby down. Like Betsi said..the poor little thing just had surgery. She hasn't hardly even had time to start healing yet. For pete's sake..I do not understand for the life of me how some people can be so damned heartless! Makes me mad

Lynsey I hope there is a very good explanation for what Scott did. You certainly don't need anymore pressure and stress in your life right now. Hugs headed your way!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #71
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you Paula. Scott and I have a lot of talking to do tonight.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #72
DIANE W

Good luck Lindsey..... I hope he can explain his actions to you so that you are satisfied.... not happy with it, but just satisfied. This is just the last thing you need right now!!!!!

I just dont know what to say........ well i do but i am going to refrain, you know him the best and you will know yourself what to say.

You are in such a difficult place Lindsey..... I am so sorry for what you are going through, we just never know what life is going to hit us with.

Try to keep positive, I dont think i can advise you about Layla, it is just so so sad, I am praying for you all and thinking about you every day.

In my sensible head i can sort of see the reasons why people have been suggesting letting Layla go, but it is very early days ... but in my heart wow thats a different thing altogether.

I think you are doing brilliantly, and are very brave too.

Take care of yourself, and baby Layla too.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #73
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you Diane. I am trying my hardest to keep hope in my heart and pass that to Layla because she can sense when I'm sad and that affects her too. She still has a 50% chance of walking again, and that is better than nothing.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #74
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Layla's already had the surgery and you've been told that it takes a few weeks before you'll know anything. I wouldn't give up hope yet....it's too early. Don't let anyone discourage you at this point. As for other treatments....I'd just wait and see if the surgery's going to work. You can't speed up the healing process.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #75
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

That's what I think, too. I think all of the alternative medicines might be just overload her right now. Just do exactly what the vet says, and give her little body a chance to heal.