4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 06-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #781
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Funny story I was sitting in the kitchen at the computer and Gary was in the living room. He was unloading a box of his "junk" that he still hadn't unpacked from the move. All of a sudden I heard him yell, "OH s*** FIRE, OH s*** FIRE" I jumped up and ran in there and he was holding his stun gun. He THOUGHT the batteries were dead and so he was fiddling with it and shocked himself. Now, in reality that is not funny because it could cause his pacemaker to malfunction but thankfully, it did not. The funny thing is that just a while back someone sent him a very funny story about a guy who thought he would "test out" his taser and so he did it to himself deliberately. His description of what it felt like was hilarious. So, now Gary tases himself. After I was sure he was OK, I laughed so hard I was crying. When I told my daughter what he did, we laughed so hard we were both crying. THEN, not 15 minutes later, her husband leaned back in their lazy boy rocker and tipped over backward. It was not a good afternoon for our husbands.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #782
Tiramisu

I drove up last evening and got a good night sleep. Abby and her dad were up at five to get her goats validated for FFA showing. They unloaded goats and Sarah and I went to the feed store with them.

I took the girls to a movie and out to eat, while their parents went out to eat for their 10th anniversary. Yes, Ma's tired.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #783
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh, that sounds like a FUN time!!! I love doing things outdoors and farm related. Doing them with grandkids would triple the fun! Have a great week!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #784
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gayle, that is too funny about Gary, but not funny after your SIL fell with his chair! I bet you are glad that day is over!

Janet, are you putting heat on your neck and shoulder? It helps me a lot. I hope it checks out to be minor!

Linds, what is up with Scott's friends? They do not sound like such nice people, or maybe you two have outgrown that type of crowd. You will want to be with young marrieds soon enough!

Sandy, being with the family sounds so nice!

I went to the pool. My friends are up this weekend, so it was nice. I think they went out last night for Debby's birthday. I am always invited, but was not asked this time. They may have gone somewhere expensive, and the husbands would have felt obligated to pay for me. I did feel left out though. It is sometimes hard to be the only single person with friends who are couples. I remember hating to go to things like weddings as a single woman.

Yet, I am not actively looking for a man!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #785
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Judy, your life is so calm and peaceful right now, at least it sounds like it. I would not be actively looking for a man either - then again, I don't think I would be actively looking for a man ANYTIME (if Gary were gone of course). I like to be alone, I like to be with friends too, but I like to be alone, so I would love your life!!!

Gary doesn't feel good today, he can't wake up!! He said he didn't sleep well last night, but he just can't wake up this morning. He got up and got dressed, then sat down in the chair and went right to sleep. Then he woke up and I fixed breakfast and I found him sitting asleep with a half eaten pancake!!! Now, he's back asleep in the chair.

I think everything is OK, his blood pressure and blood sugar are both just fine. His blood oxygen level is normal for him. He acts like he took a sleeping pill late in the night and just can't wake up, but he swears he didn't. Oh well, I'll just let him sleep till he wakes up. Hope he is OK.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #786
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Linds, what is up with Scott's friends? They do not sound like such nice people, or maybe you two have outgrown that type of crowd. You will want to be with young marrieds soon enough!
I have definitely outgrown that type of crowd, but Scott is still hanging on. Even though most of them are around 30 years old, they are still college students and living the college student lifestyle. They party and drink all the time. I have friends like that too, but I don't really see them anymore. And you know what? They are still happy for me!!! Anyways, a few of Scott's friends sort of invited themselves over today too so Scott and I went out and bought steaks for them to eat, and it's a Sunday so I'm hoping they don't stay very late I try to go to bed by 9 or 9:30 because I get up at 5:45 for work in the morning.

I wish I had a pool to hang out by!

Gayle, I hope Gary is doing well and he just didn't sleep well last night.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #787
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Girls grow up faster than boys. And I think some of the guys are secretly jealous of what you two have together. They would never admit it and maybe they don't even know it consciously, but your life is the life they really want deep down inside. So, they are ignoring it, consciously or unconsciously.

I remember my nephew, he is about 40 - he never settled down - was out partying and drinking all the time, running around living the "good life". Well a couple of years ago, some of his married friends confronted him about his wild life - part of it was on facebook, that's how I knew the confrontation happened - and he denied tooth and nail that he wanted to settle down. He said he loved his freedom to do what he wanted, etc etc.

Well you know what - I think the confrontation did him good. About 6 months later, he started dating the sweetest girl, they got married a few month later. She already had a little boy and they are expecting another baby. He did a 180 turnaround about 6 months after that confrontation by his friends - even after living the playboy life for some 20 years. That tells me deep down inside he wanted a wife and family - but for some reason, he held on to his old partying ways far longer than most people do.

So, I bet Scott's friends start to come around in the not too distant future. I wouldn't worry too much about it, and I know you are not, but it has hurt your feelings and I think you just need to let is slide off your back. They are being juvenile and you know how sometimes guys can just be so inconsiderate. You'll see them in the future with wives and families and you and they will wonder how they ever thought "party time" was better than "family time"
Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #788
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Just loved your story Gayle and so glad it has a happy ending. Men....why do they do these things?? ...LOL. Then to top it off with your SIL's chair flipping back.

Sounds like you had a great time Sandy, especially getting a good nights sleep.

Judy, I haven't tried heat yet, been popping pain pills till I can get into the Dr...hopefully Monday. I'm with Gayle....I like being alone too and your life sounds so peaceful. If I ever get rid of this man....I'll never go looking for another.

I hope the stun gun isn't what is causing Gary not to feel his best. Has he gone through this sleep thing before?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #789
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I hope the stun gun isn't what is causing Gary not to feel his best. Has he gone through this sleep thing before?
LOL! I did think about the stun gun thing - thinking maybe it messed up his pacemaker in some way. But his blood pressure and pulse are normal for him, so I think it is just a sleep thing. He has had insomnia all his life, and with heart failure it is even worse. But since he's been wearing his c-pap, it is much better. I should check his machine to see if any water is gone from his c-pap humidifier - if not, that means he didn't wear it much last night. If he didn't use it much, then that may be why he didn't sleep very well. He's a stubborn as a mule about some things and he hates the c-pap - even though he has objective evidence that is helps him a lot. GRRR.

Yes, he has gone through this before, but not in a while now. People with heart failure have good days and bad days and sometimes you can pinpoint what causes the bad days, e.g., too much salt in the diet, dehydration, or over exertion. Other times, it is a mystery as to why they feel badly, they just do.

Usually a day or two of being in the rocker recliner all day, will do the trick. So, we shall see. He has an appt with his heart failure doctor the middle of July - so if he doesn't get to feeling better, he can get checked out. We are leaving for Oklahoma June 30 for 10 days, so hopefully, this will pass quickly and he'll feel better soon.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #790
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You are right! My life is so peaceful and I am so content. I am like you, Gayle. I like to be alone. Why mess up a good thing? On the other hand, I want to fall in love. It really has been years since I have been in love.

I hope Gary just needs a couple of recliner days, Gayle, and that you can go on with your plans to go away!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #791
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Today has been the longest day! Rick was at some gun shooting thing and Ricky was at work. So it was just Mom and I.....boring boring boring. I did clean up the kitchen a bit and watched a movie. Mom didn't even bother to get dressed. If I don't make her get dressed, she doesn't. She doesn't wash her face or anything, not even her teeth. She only gets a bath on Fridays...she won't do it any other time. I didn't mean for this to turn into a gripe post, but like I said...it's been a long day. Tomorrow I have to make a deposit and hopefully get to see my Dr. Oh...I'm going alone.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #792
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

That is so typical of a caregiver, "Yay, I get to go to the doctor -ALONE! I'm sorry iyts been a long day.

I got my mom today and brought her over for dinner. Gary fixed a pork roast (yes, he's feeling better) and I made new potatoes and grilled okra. Oh and dinner rolls (frozen). We also had fresh tomatoes and no I didn't eat any - didn't eat a roll either. It was a really good dinner. Then I took mom to pick up a few groceries and back to her place. Now I'm just chillin' till it cools off enough to go outside and check the garden and listen to the birds.

Oh I did work on putting some things away in the garage this morning before it got too hot. We need to get out the John Deere and trailer and haul some camping things back to the storage shed. That may have to wait till we get back from OK.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #793
Tiramisu

Looks look most of us chilled today. I rode with Jeff and Abby to buy two mini Rex rabbits for Abby to show. They're cuties. I don't get to spend much alone time with my son, so I'm enjoying this.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:53 AM   #794
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
Looks look most of us chilled today. I rode with Jeff and Abby to buy two mini Rex rabbits for Abby to show. They're cuties. I don't get to spend much alone time with my son, so I'm enjoying this.
I'm so glad that you are having a good visit before Katy Sue arrives! It will be BUSY after she does.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:56 AM   #795
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I walked out to check the garden this morning and a possum walked right by me, about 5 feet away. Scared the living daylights out of me. I heard the bushes rustling and then the possum popped out. It was a juvenile, so I don't think he had grown his brains yet (LOL), otherwise he wouldn't have walked right there beside me. He didn't run or anything, just sauntered by. He walked down my fence line and then disappeared. I have heavy bushes at the end of the fence, so either he is still out under the bushes, or he went under/over the fence.