4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 06-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #811
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

FINALLY they're gone!!!!! Dae Lynn apologized for being gone so long and for the kids being bad. I think that things will be better after they move in and things get put up. I have never had a day like today and don't think that I could do another but I guess we do what we have to do. I will survive!!!!!

Tomorrow Dae Lynn has planned with Amy to come over and clean out MY basement. I'm already stressed about my living room, dining room, and kitchen!!! I'm not sure that I can take much more........however the kids won't be here.......I think!!! I'm so NOT ready for all of this!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #812
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I know it will. Today's just been a really hard day and I don't think that tomorrow's going to be much better. I'll be glad when they are finally moved in and everything is settled.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #813
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
It will probably be hard at first so like Judy said...make sure the boundaries are known. Like when you escape....they are to leave you alone. Man I wish I had done that.....
Old 06-30-2011, 03:59 AM   #814
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We are getting ready to head to Oklahoma for a week. I have to go to school this morning till about 10:00 and then we are heading out. I'll have my iPad and I'll be checking when I can, but probably won't be posting as much. I'll be thinking about you all and hoping things get better for everyone!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:05 AM   #815
Tiramisu

Safe trip, Gayle.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 AM   #816
Janet

Stay safe Gayle and have a great time. You'll be missed for sure.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #817
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The kids are coming over! It is a pool day, so they will have fun. I have to leave them here for an hour or so, so I can go grocery shopping. They are probably sleeping over too.

The only downside is that I had the house cleaned yesterday! Oh well, I will have to do a cleanup when they leave.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #818
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I was going to go to a new vet today. Max is much too fat, and I want a good checkup for him. I don't trust the vet I have been using anymore.

It was so beautiful this morning, that I cancelled, and called Jess to leave the kids here for the day, so that they could go swimming. It turned out to be partly cloudy, but they had such a good time! Kassidy wanted to sleep over again, but I said not tonight honey!

They just left, and I am worn out, but happy!

I must buy a new camera. They are growing up soooo fast, and my camera is broken.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #819
Janet

I'm thinking of switching Vets too. Mine is just too expensive so Im pretty sure I know who I'm gonna pick. You can sure tell how much you love them grandkids Judy. Sounds like you had a great day and knew when it was time to rest.

You do need a new camera, we haven't seen pictures from you in quite some time.

Today I went to visit my brother Jerry, the one in the hospital before I went to my appt. It was less than a mile from where he is at.

I wasn't too keen on doing anything else, but we were a little low on groceries so I took Mom with me to WalMart. She is like a Hell's Angel on those scooters....runs into everything..lol.

We're home now and we'll probably stay here the whole weekend...
Old 07-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #820
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

So Janet what did the neurologist say?
Old 07-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #821
Janet

He was the same Dr. that checked for my carpal tunnel...very nice, but weird..lol. He asked me lots of questions, manipulated my neck, shoulder and arm and even made me walk. For a fat girl that is so embarassing. From all that I told him and from his examination he's pretty sure it's a pinched nerve in my neck....caused from picking Mom up off the floor.

Since it was so close to the holiday I will have to wait until next week...he is scheduling an MRI and then physical therapy. He also gave me a prescription for pain killers. I'm not having them filled unless I just can't stand it any longer. So far the Advil at least helps me get to sleep and when it does get horribly bad during the day...I take a Loritab.

He said it won't heal fast, but believes it will be fine. We'll know more after the MRI.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #822
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm glad you are getting the MRI!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #823
Tiramisu

Yes, Judy, get a new camera!

Janet, do what your doc says!

I slept this evening and am pulling baby duty tonight. Mom's still taking pain pills, so baby's gassy! I'll go home tomorrow for some chill time and to get out of their space.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:12 AM   #824
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi Everyone, having a good time on our trip. We took some furniture to my cousin who lives near Lawton OK and we had a nice visit with her. We went to eat at Meers, just a soot in the road near the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. http://www.meersstore.com/menu.html. Here is a link to the website, it is a wonderful old old old old (Ha!) place. They are famous for their burger and there is a pic of it in the link. A half pounder. I only ate 1/4 of one, it was great! We also drove through a little bit of the refuge but only saw some turkeys. Then it was on to Norman which is near Oklahoma City.

Three of Garys sisters live here and the other one from Kansas City will be here about noon today. We are having a Mexican theme dinner tonight. Gary and I brought homemade tamales (no we didn't make them) and salsa from Texas.

Some of you may have seen the fishing pictures on FB last night. We were fishing in a tiny pond (tank for thr Texans) near one of the sister's home. I didn't bring my adapter to put the pictures on the iPad so I can't post them here. If I have time, I'll email them to myself to get them on the iPad and post them in the picture thread. Gary caught a 12 pound catfish. Everyone was so excited.

Gary is really really really tired but having a good time.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #825
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

A pinched nerve hurts!!! Sounds like the prognosis is good though! This is an important thing to remember when considering a nursing home for Mom. You cannot physically do this.

I hope brother Jerry is feeling okay. He will go back if he has enough pain!

Sandy, I don't have your fb name, so I can't see little Katey Sue's pix!!
I bet she is just precious!

Gayle, I saw the catfish on fb. Large one!!! How nice that you threw it back! Probably would taste tough anyway, for such an old fish!!!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL

BLESS OUR TROOPS!!