4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 07-02-2011, 05:40 AM   #826
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

AND...

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

Last edited by judy; 07-02-2011 at 05:43 AM.
judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #827
Tiramisu

Judy, I'm sandy sue west on fb. Didn't want to leave the babies. We were all crying. Hope to go back up on Friday for the weekend. Nice drive back in. Couldn't stop with doggie in the car. Going to bed soon.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #828
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Let's see...what did I do today. Well, something really fun ....I took the sheets and blankets off Ricky's bed and washed them and then put them back on the bed. I cleaned up the kitchen a bit. Made Mom wash her face, teeth and then get dressed. Mowed the yard. Ricky usually does, but he was working today and he had been so helpful for me that I mowed so he wouldn't have to. Called and spoke with Jerry. He's home...has to go for a stress test on Tuesday and then they'll think about doing the surgery. Yay....he's going back. Then I took Mom into her house to pick up her mail. Came home drank two glasses of wine and now, I'm lying in bed with the laptop on my lap listening to the thunder. I do hope it's a good storm, love storms...bad storms...not so much. That has been pretty much my day. Not sure what I get to do tomorrow...hopefully it won't be quite as hot and humid as it was today.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #829
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

After breakfast I went out in the yard. My front porch has been used for storage for all kinds of plants and pots and anything else I have used in the yard lately. I got it all straightened up and washed off the porch. The front yard looks so much better than it did except for mowing the yard.

Dae Lynn left to go to her house to pack up some more stuff. She's wanting to take her time and while she's there the kids will take a nap.

Jaci, Nate, and a friend came over this afternoon. Nate and the friend went 4-wheeling and Jaci came in and learned how to can green beans!!! She's got quite the little garden and has been eating so much from it!! I'm so proud of her. We canned 11 pints!!

This evening we're all going over to Amy's to shoot off fireworks plus we'll be eating supper over there. It should be interesting because Amy has joined me on the Atkins diet!!! However......Jaci brought puppy chow!!!! I'm sure it will be a fun evening!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #830
Janet

Yesterday and today I slept most of the time. Took some Lortabs for the pain and it makes me sleep. I pray I can get into do the MRI tomorrow...not sure how much longer I can take this. Don't remember ever having pain like this.

I've kept holed up in my bedroom most the time....I'm so grouchy because of the pain, I'm having very little patience. I'm sure fireworks are going off somewhere now...it's dark....I'm still in bed. Gonna play a couple games I think and then go to sleep.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #831
Tiramisu

If I must go to work after such a special time off ... You must make the MRI.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #832
DianaB

Janet, I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I don't like you being in pain.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #833
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I'd the MRI shows abnormality of the cervical spine area, e.g., bulging disk, ask if they think a cervical epidural injection in the spinal area will help. They should try conservative therapy like that along with physical therapy before surgery.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #834
Janet

Okay...I will ask. I called them at 9:30 this morning to see when it's scheduled but they haven't called me back. I'm so upset over this because the pain is horrible. I'll give them until noon and I'm calling again. I did explain that I am still in pain and need something as soon as possible. Just can't believe it's taking so long.

I do know he sent a prescription for PT but I was waiting for the MRI so they would know what kind to do. This waiting is so ridiculous.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #835
Tiramisu

Janet, did you get in?

I went to work ... Didn't have much to catch up on between Sunday's covering for me and my new boss being out a couple days ... I'm trying to add back some fb friends I deleted last week ... Watching the trial circus, blaming the media not the jury.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #836
DianaB

I babysit the kids today but Dae Lynn got home early so I went down to the pond and swam since I was alone. The water was sooooo warm that it was almost hot but the pond is so deep that if you stir the water a little it cools off. So the swim was really nice........and I didn't see the snake!!! I'll be glad when that little bugger is gone!!!

The we had our Children's church.....The Alley.......this evening. I enjoy the kids......and I love the music!!! We all get to dance around and be silly!!! Everyone once in a while the D J will play surfing music and the kids get to jump up on their chairs and pretend that they're surfing!!! It's just a blast!!! Tonight we had confetti to throw around and last week it was silly string!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #837
Tiramisu

Diana, sounds like fun. My daughter's church does that kind of stuff.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:30 AM   #838
Janet

I called the Dr again in the afternoon, still didn't call me back. Getting ready to call again in about 5 minutes. My regular Dr is out on Wednesdays so this other guy better have me an appt scheduled for the MRI. This morning lying in bed I thought ...wow...no pain..but when I tried getting up, it wasn't fun. I'm so tired of this crap. Then to top it off, Mom has some blood in her bowels again and is weak. The nurse is coming today. Guess I'll go down a couple more Lortabs for now.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #839
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Did you get in for your MRI, Janet? I sure hope so!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #840
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
AND...

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

I just saw this Thanks Judy, I hope you had a great Fourth of July too!

Janet, I hope you got your MRI. It must be terrible to be in so much pain and have to wait!

Diana, I am so jealous of your pond! It has been very hot here too. We went away for the long weekend and when I came home all of my flowers I planted a week ago were fried. I have been watering a lot and a few look like they're going to live, but I think I've lost some for sure.

I've pretty much just been working lately. I am so lazy when I get home, I haven't really gotten anything done. I go home, make some food, watch some tv, have a bubble bath, and go to bed Good enough for me! Tonight I will need to do some laundry though. Scott has a ball game tonight so I'll be home alone anyway. Tomorrow we will take my grandma out for supper and maybe play some cards, and then on Friday afternoon we leave to visit my family at the lake for the weekend!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote