4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 05-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #76
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I agree with all the others that it's way to early to decide Layla's fate. She has to have time to heal and that can not be rushed. I would wait on the other type of care if it were me. She needs to heal first.

As for Scott......well....I just won't even go there right now. You and Layla are in my prayers Lindsey.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 AM   #77
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

This might be a good time to only talk to people who are supportive of what you are doing. I found that out when my father had cancer. Well meaning people said the most awful things to me.

I went to a website last week where they say there is no reason for putting a dog with disc degeneration down. It's just not that kind of disease. If she isn't in pain, or suffering at all, why put her down? That's just to make the dog owner's life easier.

My daughter has MS. She has certain limitations, but she has made her quality of life probably better than many other people. She is not disabled. If Layla could talk, she would say that she is fine as long as you are around.

These people are rather selfish! Don't even concern yourself with their advice. You know in your heart what to do.

As far as Scott goes, that man needs a good yelling at!!! You do not date other people in a committed relationship!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #78
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

The vet is advocating the physical therapy and acupuncture. Layla has another acupuncture treatment this afternoon. I am going to hold off on the chiropractor for weeks to see if there's any improvement without it. As for the reiki, quantam touch thing, we are going to see the lady on Saturday morning after Layla's acupuncture. She lives right near the vet so it's not out of our way, and we will just be sitting there with Layla while she works on her "life energy" and stuff. I don't really get it. But it's nothing that's going to hurt her, so I'm willing to try. I'm probably going to look back in a few years and think I was off my rocker but it's not that expensive and even if there is no "energy" I am sure she will tell us good news and give us something to believe in, and right now I just really need something to believe in to keep my spirits up.

My cell phone died in the night so my alarm didn't go off at midnight to give her pill. I was so upset with myself this morning.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #79
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh, and about Scott.... he didn't think I'd be upset, because he has hung out with her lots before (when I know about it, obviously). I've always been a bit uneasy around her because she always calls him to hang out or to talk about her boy problems or whatever... I have only been out with her once (she came out for Halloween with us) but every other time has just been them. I just get an uneasy feeling with her. Especially when she tells him to tell me things like "I hope you're not mad I'm with your boyfriend for tonight"

I've never told Scott I was uneasy with it though. He asked her to go as a friend, but to me it looks like a date because it was a formal event and she didn't know anyone there but him. He didn't mention it because he didn't think it mattered.

I told him if he sees her on Saturday and leaves me at home with Layla, that he'd better not come home again. That scared him and he is not going. He said he would rather be at home with his family. He loves me and Layla and he doesn't want to hurt us, and he can't live without us.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 05-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #80
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Hmmm......somehow I missed the "other girl" thread. I think that in Scott's eyes it was innocent but he still shouldn't have done it.....but in the other girl's eyes it was an open door. Scott needs to put a stop to it now if he wants to continue with you. I'd let him know how much it hurt you and ask how he would feel if you'd done something like that and invited a guy friend. Guys can be so dumb sometimes especially when it comes to things that hurt us. They really don't have a clue sometimes!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #81
paula1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Hmmm......somehow I missed the "other girl" thread. I think that in Scott's eyes it was innocent but he still shouldn't have done it.....but in the other girl's eyes it was an open door. Scott needs to put a stop to it now if he wants to continue with you. I'd let him know how much it hurt you and ask how he would feel if you'd done something like that and invited a guy friend. Guys can be so dumb sometimes especially when it comes to things that hurt us. They really don't have a clue sometimes!!!
Diana the "other girl" info is in this thread. You hit the nail on the head except "Guys" don't have a clue MOST of the time instead of some of the time lol!!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #82
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I know he doesn't pick up on hints very well. I need to be straight with him all the time. A couple of nights ago I was SO exhausted and still had to have a bath myself (because I'm finding it really hard to wake up in the mornings to shower, when I'm waking up at midnight to give Layla pills) and it was around 9:00 at night and I still hadn't had anything to eat. Scott said "Well you should have made something then, it's not my fault" so I sarcastically said "There's half a cucumber in the fridge, I guess I'll eat that when I'm done my bath so I have time to sleep tonight." I got out of the bath and went downstairs because it smelled delicious in the kitchen! He cooked! But he handed me a cucumber. He made one piece of chicken for himself, and gave me a cucumber. He thought I really wanted it. I was not happy! He just said "Well honey you need to just TELL me what you really mean!"

MEN!

Old 05-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #83
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Lindsey...you better start telling this guy he needs to get a clue or you'll end up miserable relationship like me and believe me...you don't want that! Life is way too short.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #84
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
I told him if he sees her on Saturday and leaves me at home with Layla, that he'd better not come home again. That scared him and he is not going. He said he would rather be at home with his family. He loves me and Layla and he doesn't want to hurt us, and he can't live without us.
Way to go, Girl!!!!! It may have been innocent on his part, but I guarantee, it wasn't on her part. She's acting like someone who wants to wreck your relationship. Make it very clear to him so he gets it!!!

I told Rex about what you are going through with Layla, and he's one to not want to spend money on pets, but when I told him she's still loving on you and acting the way she is, even he said to keep going at least for now. Give her some time.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #85
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Men!!!A cucumber? You should have told him where to put it!

I know how to do reiki. It does seem to work for certain people, for certain things.
My teacher taught us that nobody really knows what it is, but it is "hands on healing," which has been a part of folk medicine from many different cultures forever. It certainly can't hurt Layla. Pets supposedly do well with it.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #86
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsay, a chiropractor used "manipulation of energy" to cure Gary of terrible abdominal pain that he had endured for 5 months. I'm not kidding and I wouldn't have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes.

Three months before Gary was diagnosed with heart failure, he had terrible abdominal pain every time he ate anything - it would literally double him over. He kept losing weight because he just didin't want to eat because it hurt so bad. He had every test known to western medicine - twice! And they couldn't find anything wrong. He was desperate.

A friend of mine told me about this doctor and thought he could help Gary. We went and he laid Gary on a table and tested his "energy". He manipulated all his arms and legs, even his tongue and I don't remember what else, but he worked on him about an hour.

He said the energy to his pancreas was blocked so every time he ate, it caused pain. He said he opened up the energy path at that visit, but that it woudln't stay open and he'd need to come back a few more times.

We left the office very skeptical, but driving away, Gary said he felt hungry, so we went to get something to eat. And for the first time in 5 months, he didn't get any pain after eating. We were floored. But the next day the pain came back. We had another appointment in two days, and after that treatment, Gary NEVER had that horrible pain again. Gary went about once a week for a month and that is all it took. The pain never ever returned.

Now, I wouldn't believe that if I didn't see it, but it is true. The doctor also showed Gary how to unblock the energy and told him if he ever felt the slightest twinge of pain to use the techniques. Every once in a while I see him doing the manuevers, but very rarely.

So, I say give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #87
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you, I had a reply on YT about Reiki too and she totally believed in it after having it done to herself AND her dog. I know it may not "cure" Layla's spine, but I think it will help all of our attitudes about it, especially after having so many reviews of this type of therapy working. I still know it's going to take time but I think I may be a little more positive about the change as well. Apparently this woman can change a person's perception inside that they BELIEVE they can and will heal, and that's the biggest step. I hope Layla will know that because lately my energy hasn't been so great.

On another note, I am pretty sure I must be cursed, or this house is, or something. First Layla goes down, and today just as I pulled into the parking lot at Scott's office, I got a sharp pain in my back. I've had it so many times before in the same spot - a pinched nerve. After a VERY uncomfortable drive home, I struggled to get upstairs and laid in bed with a heating pad. I stayed there for a couple of hours and tried to get up to use the washroom and I cried in pain, I couldn't even sit up. I ended up crawling on my hands and knees to the bathroom, and I was able to get back down here for the computer. Scott's the only one still standing!

What a life. I should have known with how much good luck we had in the last few months, it couldn't last forever.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #88
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Today I am finding it really hard not to cry.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #89
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

How is your back today? I cannot blame you for wanting to cry. It's like the sky is falling in on you, but things will get better. Hang in there Lindsey. Sometimes that's all we can do.

Much love and prayers for all of you.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #90
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you. My back is okay, still sore, but at least I'm at work. Luckily I just get to sit at my desk all day.

Layla is at the university today getting physical therapy. She was so upset in the car this morning, I hope she's doing okay. I can't stop worrying.

I am doing better now than I was a week ago, though. I know it will get better. I felt like such a failure yesterday when we got home and I hadn't emptied Layla's bladder since lunch time because I didn't have another pee pad at work, and when we got home at around 6:00, she had started leaking from an over full bladder. Scott was pretty upset and I apologized and he said "Don't apologize to me, apologize to Layla. It's her bladder you're going to explode." It's just really hard. I don't know if I'm getting it all empty and it's frustrating and she can't help me because she can't feel anything. Sometimes all I can think about is crying. I don't even want to get up in the mornings because I just want to sleep until she starts getting better.