4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #76
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I sure like coming here to see what's up with everybody

Mike has been gone to our friends ranch in the Hill Country since last Thursday. I don't think he intended to stay this long, but he's been working on his feeders that were torn up by the neighbors longhorns that came through the fence I don't think I have ever stayed at home by myself this long...and you know what..I don't mind a bit, lol! I'm sure it's because I know he'll be coming back!

I have a big, single sink in my kitchen. I just gave Kirby his LAST bath in there, because he's just too big, lol! I wished for my camera, but I couldn't turn him loose to get it He weighs 30 lbs and is really tall. He's doing good with his training, but I'll be glad when he's past the puppy stage!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #77
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I can just picture you with a sink full of Kirby.....soap up to your elbows.......and a wiggly dog trying to jump out!!! Too bad that you didn't get a picture.....but then again the one in my head may be funnier than if you did post a picture!!!

I never liked the puppy stage.......something always gets chewed up.....like computer cords....or shoes!!!! I was very happy when the dogs outgrew that stage!! Hang in there......you have about 7 more months!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #78
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm going away for the weekend so today I did some packing and my son is changing the oil in the car, rotating the tires and making sure the tires have the right amount of air, including the spare tire, just in case. I have been wanting to get away for soooo long and finally I can.

Didn't think I would have the money to go, but then....the Christmas Club check arrived in the mail and I thought...."MERRY CHRISTMAS JANET!!!!" I'm leaving right after I get home on Thursday and won't be home until Monday. I'm so excited!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #79
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet, where are you going???

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #80
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yeah Janet, where are you going???

We are going to Ft. Worth this weekend to pick up our pick up that we left in Arkansas. Gary's aunt and uncle drove it to southern Oklahoma where they live and will meet us at another uncle's house in Ft. Worth. We'll spend at least one night, maybe two, coming back on Sat. or Sun.

Gary is doing OK. Can't remember if I updated you that whatever happened to him in Arkansas was NOT his heart (good news) - but then what the heck was it???

They think perhaps it was a virus that caused his lungs to swell - I'm not convinced that is it - but they started him on a short does of steroids to see if that helps his shortness of breath. If it does, then that was probably the cause. The steroids will decrease any swelling or inflammation of the lungs. I hope so, because just like Lindsay, I'm tired of mystery diagnoses!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #81
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We are in Ft. Worth at gary's uncle's. His other aunt and uncle brought our pickup down from Oklahoma. I am the chief cook and bottle washer for the weekend. Gary and I would be happy going out to eat. But his uncle likes to feed us. Trouble is he is 82 and can cook the meat ( brisket, ribs, etc). And he didn't pay any attention to food for the rest of the meal. LOL! He's not married so there is no one to think about such things. Gary's aunt from Oklahoma is a bit ditzy and not much help.

So while I didn't plan to have a busy cooking/cleaning weekend, it's OK as they are all having a good time. Both of Gary's uncles are wood carvers, so they are trying to help Gary, who is just getting into it. I think Gary could be real good at it and it would give him something else to do. So, I can sacrifice my services for this cause. LOL!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #82
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Also, it is cool, cloudy, rainy, and thundery here. Wonderful weather.

And right now, it is pouring down rain. I need to take a nap! LOL!
Old 10-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #83
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Ah! What a lazy Saturday. Dozing in the chair, rain and thunder outside, football on the TV. My football team got beat today and I don't even care! LOL!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #84
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Gayle, wood carving sounds like just the think for Gary! What a great idea

I'm waiting for the rain to get here. It had better NOT go just north of us I want to crawl in bed with my book and listen to the rain and thunder!! LOL, times have sure changed! I used to want to crawl into bed with my husband during a storm
Old 10-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #85
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

LOL! Betsi, you are too funny!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #86
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We had rain yesterday evening and last night. The sound of it was so nice!! I can't believe the weather we've had this weekend........so nice!!!! Janet and I have really enjoyed it!!

Last night we drove over to Amy's and Dae Lynn's and Janet met their families. I think that she enjoyed Dean and Karlie!!! We're thinking that Karlie should go home with Janet for a couple of weeks then we'll come and get her........ROFL!!!!!

This morning we ran in to some garage sales but since it rained they'd didn't have them so we went out to the VFW to an auction but we didn't find anything there either. We stopped by Feyn's house and Janet met his family and we went to my MIL's house and looked around at where the wedding was at and Janet met my MIL.......oh.....and she met two of Glen's brothers, Mark and Burke. We came home rested a little, ate lunch, and visited. Then we went in to a purse party!!! It was those Meshi purses where you can change the covers!! I ended up buying one and a couple of covers......plus I booked a party.......kick me!!!! We drove around a little bit then came home and visited some more!!!

Jaci ended up going out of town so Janet didn't get to meet her. I was so disappointed but.......Janet will just have to come back another time to meet her and Nate!!!

Janet's not real happy about driving back home........it IS really far!! We're considering selling her van and buying her a plane ticket!!!!!!! She swears that she'll never drive it again!!! LOL

Gayle, I think that carving would be a wonderful new hobby for Gary.........as long as he doesn't cut himself..........otherwise it could get a little expensive!!!!! You'll have to take some pictures when he gets something done!!

Betsi.....you crack me up!!!! Sadly I think that we all feel that way!!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:33 AM   #87
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Well...let's see....I did the same as Diana...lol...so just read her post. I did meet everyone except Jaci and Nate. Diana has a large family and everyone was so nice and made me feel right at home.

I am nervous about the drive home, but hopefully with God as my co-pilot...everything will be fine. I did sleep very well last night. Also...need to say that Diana is a very good cook and she wouldn't let me do anything. We had Taco soup and some kind of chicken casserole and both were just sooooo good and easy to make.

I would love to come here again, maybe in springtime when the garage sales are going full swing, but I'll fly...no more of this driving long distances.

Please keep me in your prayers for my ride home.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #88
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm so glad you girls are having fun! You'll be fine on your way home Janet. Aren't you proud of yourself for doing something you really wanted to do, even though it made you nervous?
Old 10-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #89
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

You'll do fine Janet. Don't worry too much. I love to drive and take long driving trips. I don't like to drive long distances all in one day though. I like to drive about five hours then stop and go again the next day. If we lived closer I would drive with you, Janet!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #90
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
I'm glad you guys had fun this weekend, to bad you didn't have more time together. Janet drive safe on the way home.