4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 07-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #901
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh yeah, we met some more people around town last night too! There was an older man who was so enthusiastic when he saw Layla, and he said he's seen a lot of things in his life but that dog in that cart is the best! We also met the man and little boy from across the street and they were super friendly too, and really interested in Layla! BUT these people are feuding with our neighbors and we are friends with our neighbors too so it's just weird. Personally I think it's very childish of all of them! Their two boys had a fight and now the families are fighting. The boy from across the street wanted to come over and the woman next door wouldn't let him in her house with the other kids. The boy's parents got mad about that. I guess while we were gone on holidays there were screaming matches and threats were made and cops were called... I don't know! The neighbor filled us in on it when we got back and she said the whole neighborhood just hates that family, but they seemed really nice to us last night. I will just stay out of it!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #902
Tiramisu

I have such a boring life. Up at 530, to work by 630, lunch at my desk, left at 400, prescriptions at cvs, nails done, two ritas and tacos, home on couch by 630. I really wanted to be bad, but all my buddies are married.

I think I'll go get my first pedicure tomorrow and find a couple of new work tops. What a highlight.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #903
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sandy I can relate. My life is boring too. Taking care of Mom....marriage sucks.....can't do anything.....can't go anywhere........school will be starting soon and I haven't even had a break yet!

What should we do about it?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #904
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I hurried and straightened the house this morning then I went to Jaci's again. She wanted me to come back and be with her again today but when I got there she was doing really well. She said that she was afraid of being alone and not feeling well. So we ended up just watching movies, taking naps, and snacking around!!!.......a real tough day taking care of my daughter!!! LOL I did offer to wash her dishes but she said that she'd be up to taking care of them tomorrow. It was nice just relaxing with her and having it just be the two of us!!! I'm going to have to go up there and do it again!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:39 AM   #905
Janet

That sounds very nice Diana....quality time.....we all need it now and then. I'm glad Jaci is doing so well.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #906
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad too. Even her swelling is better than what we were expecting.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #907
Janet

I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time and didn't have anynproblems at all...no pain or swelling. I was very lucky I hear.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #908
Tiramisu

Diana, sounds like you had a great day and deserved it.

Janet, we'll think of something.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #909
Tiramisu

I didn't make it to the fabric store for quilting goodies. I decided to look for me some new work tops, stopped for lunch, had two ritas and came home. It was great to shop smaller and I ended up with five cute tops. Yeah me!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #910
Janet

I didn't do anything today either. Well...I did run to Mom's and pick up her mail and bring her yard swing out so she can get some enjoyment out of it. Oh...I forgot....I also took my desktop in to be fixed finally. It still works, but the defragmentor is gone...just disappeared, it runs really slow and needs cleaned. It also makes a noise like a small airplane...lol. So I told them I was in no hurry, but I'm sure it will be ready sometime next week. It will be so nice to have it run good again.

The rest of the day I didn't do anything. Tomorrow....I'm going to try and get off my "you know what" and get some stuff done around here.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #911
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I spent the day helping with Kassidy's birthday party. It was fun, and it felt good to be such a help to Jessie. I went over yesterday for a while too, and we made some decorations.

I stayed late at Jessie's, then ran home, fed the dogs, and met my friends at a Creedance Clearwater Revisited oncert. It was wonderful!!! We sat on the lawn, which was really nice because it was such a beautiful night out. We danced and sang, and I really had fun! They sounded really terrific! They did all their famous songs.

I may not be able to move tomorrow! After running around for a good 5 hours at the party, and then going dancing, this body might be sore. I don't care. First of all, I should be in better shape, and second, all I have to do is drive the 2 minutes it takes to go to the pool and lie down!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #912
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm at the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Gary is at a hunting/fishing show nearby. I thought I'd skip the show and come to the riverwalk. It's not hot yet but will be soon. I'll migrate inside to the mall when that happens.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #913
Janet

Doing laundry today. Fixed Mom some lunch and now she is napping. Way too hot too be outside. Don't know how people can stand this heat and humidity. I perspire so bad its embarrassing, wish there was something I could do about it. I literally get soaked.

I need to get some groceries, but will put it off until later this evening or tomorrow after Mom's appt. Hope you all are keeping cool.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #914
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know you won't do it, but people are getting botox for perspiration problems!

I don't think I would go anywhere if I didn't have the pool. I love summer, but only because I have always spent it either at the beach, or in the country near a pool or a lake.

Who is in the midst of the heat wave?

I hope none of you! According to the weather map, almost the whole country from middle to the east coast are in the midst of it. I am honestly not sure if my town is included. I would say no. It cools down at night.

Anyone who wants, come to my house!!! A pool, cool nights, cool mornings, a pool and more pool!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #915
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

ME ME ME!!! I want to come Judy!!! If only I could - but alas, summer school has me tagged right now.

We have been unbearably hot since the first of June. They said May temps were above normal, but it felt OK to me in May. June and July are another matter - we've been above 100 or close to it almost every day, sometimes 103, 104, 105.

I still get out every morning and evening, but usually wait till about 8:00PM. Mornings are only in the high 70's low 80's but the humidity is usually so high, I sweat more than in the afternoon!

Yesterday however, I was in and out all day as I was watering the yard. I have to work all day to get it all done - of course, we were gone for a few hours, so when I was here, I was in and out. I'm only out 15-20 minutes at a time, then I come in and cool off. If I had to be out all day, I couldn't do it. It's just too darned hot.