4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #106
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

How wonderful that you've seen a sign of improvement!!!! I'm sure that the group you've found will have a lot of information and encouragement for you!!! Good news!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #107
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

YIPPEE!!! This is just the beginning of her full recovery!! She's taking baby steps..that's the best way to begin any journey!!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #108
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm so thrilled for you, Lindsay. I could just do the happy dance!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #109
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Lindsey, I am so happy for you and Layla, sounds like she is on the road to recovery. I am so glad you found the yahoo board, I hope they can answer all of your questions and give you good advice on what you should be doing or what to expect. Good luck
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #110
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you all for so much love and support! Layla can still stand for a few seconds tonight before her legs collapse. We have to pull her to a standing position, but she can hold it. I am beyond thrilled! And to think, a few weeks ago my biggest worry was getting her to not poop in the living room Now she can poop wherever she wants as long as she can walk first I am so excited for her therapy tomorrow, I hope the vet is as thrilled as we are with her progress over the last day!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #111
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsay, will you be taking her for another Reike session? I hope so as I think that really might help "awaken" the connection between her brain and spinal cord.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #112
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Yes, Gayle, we'll be going for Reiki again on Sunday The woman said that she just started working with another paralyzation case too, an 18 year old boy who was in a car accident and is now paralyzed below the waist! She said she is confident she can help both the boy and Layla, but she can't say to what extent they will heal.
After updating about Layla's condition yesterday, I got a reply from someone on the IVDD list and she said that's a great sign that Layla shows she could almost hold her own weight, because that means that there are some signals to her legs from her spinal cord! I guess that's obvious but having it said to me like that gave me tons of confidence in her. Last night she would stand for a few seconds everytime we tried. Her right leg is weaker and she tends to start falling to that side, so Scott leaned that side up against her crate and she stood for about 5 seconds!
Her feet also seem to be a lot more sensitive to touch now. There's still no deep pain response, but touching now gets an immediate reflex of pulling back or kicking, instead of having to squeeze like we did last week.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 05-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #113
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
This all sounds so wonderful Lindsey!!!! It may take some time, but everything seems to be looking up for precious Lelah!!! Still keeping her in my prayers.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #114
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Go Layla!!! I have such faith in that little girl! She is not going to let this stop her!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #115
DIANE W

I am so thrilled about the improvement.....even slow progress is better than no progress!!!!!!

Keep up the good work Layla

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #116
MaddieBoo

That is such amazing news Lindsey! Your strength and support of Layla and her recovery are paying off!

I'm just so thrilled for you. Every time I read an update from you I get so excited!

Encouraging smoochies from Lucas!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #117
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thanks everyone! I'm trying my hardest to stay positive. Layla is back with her original therapist now because she's back from her time off. We were so excited yesterday with Layla's improvement, and she told us that yes, Layla is improving from the last time we saw her, but she's just improving reflexes. There is still no sign that her spinal cord is healing or will ever heal. She said even her being able to hold her own weight is just a reflex. It just made me feel like crying I guess I should stop getting my hopes up so high.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #118
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

What do the people on the yahoo board say about her progress? I think this therapist is being a bit pessimistic - I think people need something to hang onto, something that instills hope, and I think those signs are there. I don't think it is necessary to dash all hopes. I would consult with the "experts" on the yahoo board and see what they think.

SHE IS MAKING PROGRESS! Baby steps, baby steps, are just fine!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #119
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

She is better than she was a week ago, I just have to remember that. On the yahoo group, they just tell me "Be happy that she's not in pain, she loves you, and anything beyond that is just icing on the cake"
I wish I could feel that way. She is still my baby but it hurts to see her struggle or know she can't do things she could do before. I know I mind more than she does.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #120
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes you are right, you mind much more than she does. YOU are her whole life and whatever she can or can't do doesn't matter much to her as long as YOU are there! That is important to remember. I still believe she will recover - my mom's doxy recovered after about 4 -6 weeks. It was a long time, but he walked again. I think Layla will too!