4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Some new house pix

Here's some pictures Gary took yesterday while we were out moving some stuff around. I'm on my John Deere with the trailer hauling stuff from the garage back to the storage sheds. You can still see some bare spots in the grass, but it is filled in SO MUCH compared to what it was when we moved in and back in early spring. I had lots of huge dead areas.

1. I'm in front of the house taking some things from the garage around back to Gary's shop and the storage sheds

2. The big beige building is Gary's shop and there are two small storage sheds (small white building to the right of the shop) behind the shop. We still have some buckets and propane bottles to go into the storage sheds. They look terrible in this picuture - you don't notice them so much in person. LOL! Oh and you can see my beloved swing!

3. The view from my swing across the yard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-1.jpg (100.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg photo-2.jpg (168.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg photo-3.jpg (164.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by gja1000; 05-25-2011 at 05:04 PM.
gja1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

My backyard looks so tiny next to yours

I'm so glad everything is coming along so well. I just love your swing

You look wonderful Gayle
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thank you Jessica. The BIG backyard is one reason why we moved out here, we love it. Our yard back in the city was teeny tiny too!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You are a land owner now!!! What a wonderful place for you and Gary! You can plant to your heart's content, and have that grass growing real soon!

There are a lot of buildings too! This is fun Gayle!

Don't work too hard and enjoy the beautiful yard.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You look so at home on that John Deere Gayle....so pretty! I love the pictures! We should all start posting more pictures....they are so fun to look at.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
paula1961

Well don't you look so cute on your lawn mower! I love your yard! I'm glad you all now have a place to park your camper too.
I enjoyed your pix!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
Janet

I know it's hard to remember, but you look like you have so much fun Gayle I'd love to see more of your at home pictures.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I love the picture of you on your John Deere!!!! I bet you've found that it is just the handiest little thing to have!!! I've been using my 4-wheeler to carry things around the yard for me!!!

The stuff on the side of your storage building looks just like what we have on the side of our garage that nobody sees!!!! And the swing looks so comfortable and I'd love to sit and chat with you with a big glass of iced tea!!!

Your yard is so nice and big!!! I know that you'll love it especially since you have a nice mower to mow it with. We made our yard small because we knew that the kids would be moving out and it would be left to me to take care of. I can see you out there with the family having a big picnic!!! Very nice!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

LOL! Diana, like you, we should have a smaller yard that is not so much to take care of. But we have had a postage stamp size yard for 25 years and we both wanted so much to have more yard space. We really should be downsizing, not upsizing. LOL! Thankfully, I can afford to have someone mow the yard every other week. That's all it needs now with the dry weather. But when we finally start getting rain, I will have to mow it occasionally myself. I knew I couldn't do it with our push mower so i got the John Deere. I hope we can enjoy the yard for a while and that it doesn't become too burdensome. We really enjoy it now, for sure.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
DianaB

That's funny.....because at our last house we had a large yard and all around the barn and buldings to mow. The kids usually had to do it but there was soooo much to mow and go around that when we moved we decided to go smaller!!!! You don't look like you have too much to mow around so it shouldn't be too bad!! Try mowing around 10 or more pieces of farm equipment!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:27 AM   #11
Janet

We live on an acre, but mowing around everything is annoying. We have the house, little garage, big garage, shed, wood pile, trash barrels, row of evergreen trees and 8 trees....lol. I told Rick we should plant a bunch more trees so we won't have to mow....just live in the woods....
Old 05-30-2011, 06:08 AM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

No we don't have much to mow around. The shop and 2 storage sheds are all clustered in one corner of the yard and as I said, I don't mow much . It's a pretty easy mow. It only takes one person from the mowing crew about twenty minutes to mow it. Then they have someone else running the weed eater and another blowing off the driveway, sidewalks, and porches.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #13
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
............I told Rick we should plant a bunch more trees so we won't have to mow....just live in the woods....
Then you just have a lot of trees to mow around!!!!

When we were first married we moved a trailer house out to the country and we had to start a yard....grass, trees, and everything. Glen had dug up a pin oak tree that he was so proud of and planted it in the front yard and he had been babying it.

Well.....his Mom and Dad had bought a new Grasshopper lawn mower.....one that you drive with handles instead of a steering wheel........you push forward to go forward......pull back to go backward........pull on one handle or the other to turn right or left. It's very easy to learn and they cut really close to things.

One day I was mowing the yard and I came up to the pin oak tree which was planted near a slope. I started rolling down the slope......got confused.....and pushed and pulled.....pushed and pulled the handles!!! Yep.....next thing I knew I had a pin oak tree shoot out the side of the lawn mower!!!!! I could have died!!! Thank heavens Glen wasn't very upset!! The funny thing is that the tree lived and is still growning at our old home place!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #14
Janet

Way to go Diana...lol. Ricky brought home a tree from school, not sure what kind it was. We got it planted and Penny thought it was time to play fetch and grabbed that little tree and took off running. We got the tree back and replanted. Again she took off with the tree. Poor little tree looked horrible but I found a small wire fence in the shed, replanted the tree, put the wire fence around it and it has been growing beautifully.

I was hoping if we planted enough trees we could just mow rows between the trees...guess I need to rethink my plan.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #15
DianaB

One of my kids brought home a tree from school too.......that was when we had a new lab puppy and she never pulled it out of the ground but she chewed on it all the time. The tree's still there but I sure didn't think that it would ever make it!!!! Too bad that it's at our old house.

We also have an oak tree that Amy planted when she was really little.......again, Glen babied it and it grew. I wish that I had both of them up here now instead of at our old house!!! I'm very sentimental!!!!!