4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 06-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Layla

Lindsay, how did Layla do while you were gone? I bet she was so happy to see you!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I was really worried about her and I didn't hear from my dad for a week, but finally he told me that she was doing just fine! She ate normally, and chased my mom's friend around the living room in her wheels They took her to the lake a lot, but she liked being at the house better because there's carpet When we got home my mom said she might have been sad for the first afternoon when we left but nothing bothered her after that. Thank goodness! When we left her with my aunt and uncle for our last trip to Mexico, she didn't eat for the whole week! It's good to know she does well with my parents!

I kind of thought she might not even remember us when we got there, but I was glad to see I was wrong! My mom was holding her when we came up to the door, in the dining room, which leads to the sunken living room and then the front door. We got in the door, and my mom put Layla down because she was struggling to get away, and she flew down the two steps into the living room (oops!), and tried to get up the two steps on the other side! She was bouncing all over the place and running in circles! It was so cute! Definitely the best homecoming I could have asked for!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

How cute

I'm glad Layla did well. Now you know she does well with your parents.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Awww! She would never forget you! What a nice way to come home!

Is she going to be in the wedding party? (just kidding, kind of)

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol well not in the wedding party but....

Scott just called me to see when I'd like to make an appointment for a consultant at the venue we like. It is the same place where both of our companies hold our Christmas parties, and last year Scott's company paid for us to stay there (it's a hotel), with Layla, because it's no extra cost to have a pet there! AND, pets are allowed in ALL areas of the hotel. If there is a free weekend we like, I think we will go for it! Our whole family will be with us, so we could leave Layla in our room for the dinner, and she'd be close enough that we or my parents could run up to express her when needed. It's more convenient than leaving her somewhere else in the city! Scott suggested we get her a pretty dress and bring her down to run around the reception for a little while too

So he's going to make an appointment for Monday afternoon! We'll go over our preliminary list this weekend with our parents to figure out how many people we will be inviting. From what Scott and I figured, it's just under 150. But 150 is kind of the point where it would move from a smaller room to a larger one, so we want to see if we're going to be over that!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just knew Layla would do just fine. I know she was soooo happy to see you. That is so sweet that Scott is thinking about how she can be part of the wedding festivities. I think that is so cool!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I can just see little Lyla zipping around the wedding reception!!! I think that would be so cute!!!

I'm glad that she did so well while you were gone. I would have liked to have seen her come running to you when you walked into the room!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That's the part I would've liked to have seen....her so excited to have you home. I bet it was so cute!!! It's great that Scott is trying to include Layla, what a great Daddy!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

This sounds great! I love that Scott thought of adding Layla in a pretty dress!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

What a warm homecoming reception from Layla .. She missed you both of course.. They are the sweetest little doggies..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote