4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Tiramisu

Drinking

I think I drink too often, not too much at a sitting, but too often. Is there a standard to go by? I think I'm doing it out of loneliness or boredom because when I have other things to do, I don't think about it. I'm actually drinking less than before I moved out. Eating out so much doesn't help either.

Healthy ... I want to get healthy.

Exercise, lose weight, settle my mind, drink less, relax.

Life is good
Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I understand Sandy. I really don't know if you're drinking too much but if you're questioning yourself then you probably are. I'm thinking maybe I should drink more ....I'm not having a good life and I've lost my "happy" and can't seem to find it again. I wish I could go to sleep and not wake up most of the time.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think you set your own standard already Sandy. You are drinking too much if it is on your mind, like Janet said. Maybe you should set your own limits, and just follow that. I do not drink, so going out doesn't involve drinking for me, although other people I go with drink. It does not stop me from having fun at all! (When we split the bill, I do always chip in an equal share though. It just makes it not awkward.)

Janet, you need to rethink your goals, my dear friend. You are seriously depressed, and that is dangerous to your health, your well being, and you are not doing your Mom any good either. Not wanting to get up in the morning is depression, and it is easy to see why you are feeling that way. But, you are on a downward spiral, and MUST face this fact and start doing something about it!

This is your life, and, in the end, you have to take responsibility for being happy or being so depressed that you don't want to get up in the morning. I am praying for you.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sandy, I have to agree with the others....if you're questioning it then you probably are. You should find other ways to cope besides drinking. Grab a friend and go to the movies or play cards together. Limit yourself to a small number of drinks a day.

Janet, I agree with Judy. You're depressed. You really need to call on some friends to come over and visit you and stay with your Mom so you're not so tied down. I know that you've mentioned that some have offered......it's time to give them a call and set up some times for you to get out of the house. You need to find some things to look forward to......going to the movies.....shopping.....or visiting a friend. You don't have to be tied so tightly to your Mom that it suffocates your life!!!!! Get some help in there!!!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

A drink a day is not a problem, especially if your not drinking too much. If you start to feel a real need to it then it's a problem.

A little bit of alcohol helps relax the body. I don't know how much your drinking but outside activities are also great. Check out your YMCA you might meet new friends. How about that online dating you were talking about. Even if it's just to chat.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
Tiramisu

Hey, guys, I don't drink every day and haven't had alcohol in the apartment in a couple months. I am cutting back on eating out, which will mean drinking too. I just need a busier life and I'm working on that.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Boredom is awful, don't you think, Sandy! I think you are on top of your new life, and admire you so much for this!

It is good that you are cutting down the drinking. You need to be comfortable with everything that you do.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote