4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm So Proud!!!

After being such a worry wart over my son the other night when he was out late, I have to post some good news now.

The manager of the store (Advance Auto Parts) where Ricky works just asked Ricky if he would accept a promotion to Assist. Manager. Ricky did tell him he wanted some time to think it over and then told him last night he would accept. Ricky will now be considered full-time, get more money and of course more hours.

I'm so proud of him. He loves his job, I think I mentioned that before, but we kept telling him he needed to find something that paid more and had more hours. Well...now he does and he can keep the job he really likes.

Ricky will be 21 years old in December so for someone else to think that he is ready for this kind of responsibility means alot. Of course Rick is really excited and I'm just so happy for him.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oh what great news!!!! I'm so glad that someone saw the potential in Ricky!!! He does seem like a really responsible boy....or man!!! That's so nice that he'll have a good job especially with the economy like it is!!! Give him a pat on the back from me!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
Tiramisu

Good job, Ricky.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

You SHOULD be proud of him - of course, you raised him right. This is so good for him, more responsibility will be good for him and of course, more money too!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Congratulations Ricky!! I bet he's really proud of himself
Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Janet

He really is happy about it, which makes me happy for him. I know he'll do great.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Congrats Ricky!

How exciting for him. What else woiuld you expect, having you as his Mom?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Janet

I read this thread to my son and he just smiled.....then said..."they must like you"....lol. I said I sure hope so, because I love all of them so much.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

That's great news. Keep moving up the ladder.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:34 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

We love Ricky too, through your posts about him. He is a wonderful young man, and I think we worry about him when you do. We celebrate his accomplishments too. I remember when he made Eagle Scouts!!! I am still proud of him.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
DianaB

I've met Ricky and he is a very nice and polite young man!! I think that we all care for each other's family because we are such good friends!! I love hearing about everyone's family and what they are doing!!! Don't we have the best kids and grandkids???!!!!!

Of course, I'm editing to add.......that if anyone's interested we're ready to send Karlie for a month's visit!!!!! Just let me know who wants her first.....and EVERYONE will get a turn!!!! LOL
Old 10-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'll take her! She's such a cutie!! I'm used to sassy anyway, having Kassidy around.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #13
DianaB

I'll tell Dae Lynn.....she may send her!!! LOL She's really been in a lot of trouble lately and most of it because of her mouth. Dae Lynn's caught her at church being mean to some of the girls and the other day she said that she wished she had a new mother. She really doesn't think before she says things and doesn't care if it hurts your feelings.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
Janet

I hope it didn't bother Dae Lynn too bad when Karlie said that. They don't really mean it, they just want to hurt because they are hurting. I remember once when Ricky was about 3 or 4 and I was working with him to put up some things he was not suppose to have and he told me he hated me. Oh...let me tell you after I was alone....I cried my eyes out it hurt so bad. I didn't even know he knew the word 'hate'. He's never said it to me since.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #15
DianaB

The thing with Karlie is that she's not sorry for what she does or says. Dae Lynn worries about that. How do you make someone feel sorry for what they've done or said? When she apologizes it's not because she's sorry......it's because she's sorry she was caught.......which is often!!!

With her real Mom and Damon both having problems we worry about her behavior and how it will affect her future. We want her to be caring and sympathetic towards others but aren't sure how to get there.