4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 12-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
2tiredmom

I'm Back

Hello Ladies, Sorry I have missed out on so much. it has been a while since i have been on here. i hope that will change soon. my wonderful hubby just got me a new laptop computer so please bear with me i am still trying to get use to it. lots have been going on. My husband of 22 plus years finallly got a job after being off work for 2 1/2 years. He is working in Cottage Grove WI. We are so blessed. I will be staying here in Angola for a few years. Our youngest daughter is a sophmore in college so we don't want to pay out of state tuition. plus i would like to run for County Recorder. So he is living in Wisconsin during the week and comes home on the weekends. God willing and the weather doesn't get bad.
so that leaves me in a 4 bdrm house all alone....plus when it snows i get to shovel. no biggy unless it's lots of snow then i will complain. lol.
our son graduated from college this past summer. he has a degree in elementary education. i know. good luck with that. well he is working as a teachers assistance at the Blind School in Indy. 4th grade and he loves it.
He will be getting married May 26 2012. So we have a busy year ahead. His girlfriend is the greatest. They have been dating for 8 years. High school sweethearts. I'm so sorry to write a book. I will try and do better and get on here at least every other day. Weekends I doubt that I will be need quality time with the hubby and with christmas coming soon to much to do.
our oldest daughter just sold her house and will be moving come January.
SHe has blessed us with 2 very much boy boys. they are a hand full but we love them just the same. Ok i will shut up now. thanks for reading. I hope to catch up with you more on here and facebook.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear that your husband has a job now after so long. I'm sorry it is in WI, but a job is a great thing these days, wherever it is. My hubby used to work nights while I worked days, and even though he was in the house, I only saw him (awake) on weekends. It's not ideal, but it worked fine for us for several years. I know I enjoy my "alone time" a lot, so I bet you will too.

It sounds like lots of things have been happening in your family - I know you are so proud of your kids.

I'm really glad you are back!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Glad you're back Linda. Sounds like things are getting better and better for you and your family. Enjoy your new laptop...love mine!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Welcome back, and thanks for the update! You must be so proud of your kids, and rightfully so!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Welcome Back

Even with kids out of home you seem to be very busy but I think that's always a good thing.

Hope to hear more from you
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
2tiredmom

Thanks girls. Getting ready to knit some more.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

What are you knitting? I'd love to see pictures. My daughter knits and I would like to learn, but haven't taken the time.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
Janet

I would like to learn also. Mom didn't like to knit as much as crochet. She had a bunch of beginner books on knitting and crocheting, I may have to give it a try once the holidays are over.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #9
2tiredmom

Knitting....My most favorite thing to do . next to being with my family. I knit kitchen wash cloths, tote bags, scarfs, gonna try a hat next. i took my bags to a craft show but didn't sell any. took them to work and I sold 4 and have orders for 2 more bags. If you are on facebook I have a site that's called Bit by Bit Knit.
There are some pics there but I need to update it. So as soon as I get more things done will post more pics. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
Janet

It sounds nice and relaxing too. I have all of Mom's beginner books so maybe I can teach myself. I also have all the doilies that she had made....lots of them

Checked out your site Linda, you do nice work. Do you create your own or use a pattern?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi Linda! Welcome back!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Hello Linda and welcome back!!!! I've missed you!!!

I'm so glad that your husband finally found a job.....it was a long time without one! I know that you're probably relieved even if he is gone a lot!!

You're going to have a lot of time to knit this winter!!! What a nice hobby!! I used to cross-stitch but gave it up for the internet!! LOL I do have some nice pictures though!!

It sounds like the kids are all doing well and you know.....we need pictures of how the boys have grown!!!

Yay!! You're back!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
Janet

Diana I use to cross stitch too many years ago. Wow...I forgot all about that. Mom did teach me how to do that. I also have done the plastic canvas and really enjoyed that too. Maybe one of these days when I'm not so addicted to this darn computer.