4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Prayers for our friend

Scott's best friend, his best man at our wedding, could use some prayers. He has cancer, and has had cancer for years. It is a sort of skin cancer which is completely treatable and he has been getting treatments and he was beating it. It wasn't a scary thing because he was winning and he always had been winning against it. It was just a drag because he always had to do these treatments and because of that he couldn't take a full course load at school or anything. He normally feels great and is always in great spirits.

Anyways, he has had this cough since last year but whenever he brought it up to his doctor, his doctor said it was all in his head. He just found out last week it was NOT all in his head, and he has lymphoma. He is currently in the hospital having tests run, and will be starting chemotherapy soon. We are all really worried. He is trying to stay positive but is obviously not happy about having to live in a hospital for now and not being able to enroll in classes this fall again.

He is the nicest guy ever and doesn't deserve anything like this. So pleasae say a little prayer for him and his family. His name is Tim.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm so sorry, Lindsey. What devastating news for you all.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
2tiredmom

Praying for your friend. Cancer is a scary disease.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
So sorry your friend has to go through this. That Dr. should have not brushed it off when first told of the cost.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I will be praying for him Linds!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm so sorry, Lindsey, to hear this about your friend. I'll be praying.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts for him! He has started chemo, and was released from the hospital yesterday. Scott visited him on Saturday (I stayed away because of my cold) and he is so upbeat and positive. One of his options is a bone marrow transplant, which he is hoping ends up happening. The doctors have told him that if he does get a transplant, it will probably get rid of BOTH of his cancers, and by Christmas he could be cancer-free for the first time in years.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
Janet

Then that's exactly what I'll pray for...the transplant and for him to be cancer free by Christmas!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
DianaB

I'll be praying too!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Tim has gotten a bacterial infection and is back in the hospital for a few days. His immune system is a bit compromised because of the chemo so I'm hoping he can kick this infection soon.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
DianaB

We have a friend that had a bone marrow transplant years ago. He was in and out of hospitals for so long. Every thing was a scare. He had it done and had to be so careful afterwards around people and being out since his immune system wasn't what it needed to be. He did finally get better but his health has never been the same. He tires more easily and is sick more......but he's able to enjoy life......just not like before he was sick. He is an awesome guy.....always trying to do more than he ought to.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
Janet

Hoping your friend Tim will soon recover and feel good again.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I just wanted to update... Tim was sent to Seattle just after Christmas. He went through a lot of testing and they decided to give him two stem cell transplants. In the first, he was given his own stem cells, and that one was just completed. I believe he will be getting another transplant from a donor. He has a blog so everyone has been keeping up to date and he is still staying pretty positive. His mom is there with him, so he's been a little annoyed being a 30 year old man living with his mother, but his girlfriend is going to visit shortly

Since Seattle was the best of the best cancer center he could have gone to, everything medical-related is being covered by the government, thank goodness. His travel and living expenses for himself and his mom are being covered by a provincial charity. They do a yearly telethon where they raise millions and many other fundraisers. Their telethon was actually the weekend we left for Africa, so we were able to donate, and we also found out they are holding a steak night fundraiser for just Tim next month so we bought tickets for that too. A good portion of the tickets have been bought by Tim's friends and family so it's great he has such a huge support group!

Old 03-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
DianaB

I'm glad to hear that Tim is getting the best help available!! He's in good hands! I'll still be praying for him. Keep us posted on how he's doing!

After I stop laughing!!!