4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 08-31-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

TV Shows......

I'm curious about what TV shows that all of you watch. My viewing has changed a lot lately because the movies on LMN and Lifetime are mostly reruns. I've really gotten into the Storage Wars and that type of programs. I have my DVR set to record most of them.

They also have some new ones......like Abandoned, Junk Gypsies, Toy Hunter, and America's Lost Treasures. They are all similiar in that they are looking at people's "stuff". Junk Gypsies transform things into other more usable things. It's very interesting!

I've also been recording Rizzoli & Isles. It's pretty interesting to watch.

Does anyone watch anythng that's good?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Great topic Diana!!!

I watch Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, Auction Kings, American Pickers and of course all the Real Housewives. I also like Haunted Collector, Ghost Hunters and there is another one, but can't remember the name right now. Of course the only ones I watch faithfully are the Real Housewives, and then it just depends which I'm in the mood for with the other ones. Remember one I watch every Wednesday....Dallas.

Also...only one daytime show I'm interested in and watch everyday is Days Of Our Lives. Sounds like I watch TV all the time doesn't it? LOL...but really, one hour during the day, Real Housewives on Sunday night and Monday night and the others I watch just before I fall asleep or on a boring Sunday afternoon.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We watch Storage Wars, Shipping Wars, stuff like that whenever it is on. Oh and HGTV shows like House Hunters and Property Virgins. We don't record them though.

The ones we do record are Big Brother, Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad (haha even Scott watches these), and then the sitcoms: Mike and Molly, Happy Endings, Up All Night, Modern Family, The Middle, The Office, 30 Rock.... I can't think of any others right now. I am so excited for all of the sitcoms to come back this fall

Lol Janet, it doesn't sound like YOU watch too much tv! I know this will change when we have a family, but right now we always watch tv while we eat. And since most of it is recorded, we can fast-forward through commercials and watch two shows during a meal lol.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
2tiredmom

I lead a very boring life. I love Lucy in the Morning before work and the news. Colvert Affairs, Suits and Royal Pains. Can't wait for Greys to come back on this fall. Also Big Bang and NCIS. LOL
Old 08-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lol! My TV viewing is very different from most of you. I mostly watch basketball and football when in season. Otherwise I watch Antiques Roadshow on Mondays. This summer I watched Bunheads which was an odd breezy little show. In the winter I watched the series, Game of Thrones and the Borgias.

There is a fabulous show on Masterpiece theater that will start the third season in January called Downton Abbey. It's set in the UK and is a story about British aristocracy and their servants. Fabulous show with parallel stories involving the servants and also the rich family who employs them. This summer I watched season 1 and 2 on Netflix. I think you can rent the first two seasons in Redbox. I can hardly wait for the third season to start.

Otherwise,mI watch reruns of Friends (my fave show) and Reba. I also watch House Hunter and How It's Made sometimes.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
DianaB

Reba is sooo funny!! I love her show but don't watch it much any more. And Glen likes to watch How It's Made.

Gayle, I've never heard of some of the shows you mentioned. Are you on Cable?

It's funny because several of us like watching the same shows!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Mike watches the auction/pawn/storage shows, but I really don't. I record most of the shows I watch so I can skip commercials. The weekly shows I like are Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Blue Bloods (gotta love Tom Selleck!), Modern Family, and Dance Moms (I LOVE to see those little girls dance!) The daily shows I watch are House Hunters, HGTV, Say Yes to the Dress, Hoarders, Toddlers and Tiaras, etc. I just watch these shows at random since I have them recorded. They are absolute no-brainers, which I seem to need at this time in my life, lol! I had MUCH rather read!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
DianaB

I watch Hoarders sometimes too but it reminds me so much of my MIL. She had such a problem and it was so hard on the family. I can relate so much to what goes on.

I like Tom Selleck so I'm going to have to look for that show! I really like the Rizzoli & Isles! It's a detective show. Rizzoli is played by Angie Harmon and I think that she's a really good actress. I think that it's a new series.

Betsi, I have a lot of my shows recorded too.....plus a LOT of cartoons for the kids!! It's so nice to be able to zip through the commercials!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I forgot Say Yes to the Dress, Randy to the Rescue, and what Not to Wear. I don't watch these regularly, but if I'm watching TV and they are on, I will watch them.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oops I forgot, Diana yes I have cable. Game of Thrones is a series on HBO and The Borgias is on Showtime.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

My viewing habits are a little different. I don't get to watch much, but when I'm home on Saturdays doing cleaning and laundry, I always try to have HGTV on. I skim watch House Hunters, House Hunters International and any other shows they broadcast. Love to see decorating ideas & inside other peoples homes, especially in exotic locations.

Regular shows when they are on... True Blood (this shocks some folks, but I like vampires and werewolves), The Newsroom both on HBO. Grimm on NBC, Big Bang Theory on CBS. I may watch Boardwalk Empire on HBO this season, not sure yet. Wasn't too keen on last season.

That's about it. We have some kind of premium package on Direct TV, a huge TV with surround sound system and I barely know how to turn it all on. You have to turn on three things and have the correct source selected. If its already on and I just have to change the channel I'm okay. My family makes fun of my ignorance on this being an engineer they think I should catch on better.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
DianaB

I go through spurts of watching HGTV. It seems like I'll start watching and then after a while I get tired of it. I enjoy the decorating and remodeling that they show. I sure wish my husband was handly with wood and a hammer!! It would make watchng the shows more interesting!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
Janet

I like watching all the home improvement shows too. If I sat down and watched everything I liked whenever it was on.....I'd get little else done. I honestly don't watch that much, but if I'm in bed, I'll watch whatever is on before I fall asleep. There are only 5 that I try not to miss.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #14
DianaB

I'm really liking the Rizoli and Isles show!! I think that it's one of my favorites!!

There are also some new shows that I enjoy.....One is Abandoned where some guys go through abandoned businesses and pick things to resell......of course, they have permission. Another is Toy Collector about a guy who goes through other people's toys and then auctions them off. I enjoy any kind of show that has collectibles.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #15
Janet

I saw the Toy Collector once, but it didn't hold my attention much. I've not heard of Rizoli and Isles, what is that about? I haven't seen Abondoned either...what station is it on? Sounds like something interesting.