4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 11-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Laura Mercer Makeup

Rebecca I was reading some of your threads on YT about this particular brand of makeup.. But the threads are of many lol.. I see that you really love this brand. I am presently using Bare Minerals I like it, but as far as under eye conceler it does nothing for me. You said that you use a particular under eye conceler can you tell me what its called? Where do I buy this makeup ? Btw your a beautiful girl inside and out ...

Does anyone else use thes products?
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:53 AM   #2
Carolyn

Just barging in here. I'm going to buy the Laura Mercier concealer today at Sephora at the Freehold Mall. I'll post my review of it tomorrow. I can't wait to try it!
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
Just barging in here. I'm going to buy the Laura Mercier concealer today at Sephora at the Freehold Mall. I'll post my review of it tomorrow. I can't wait to try it!

Carolyn , let me know how you like it once you have tried it.. I will be going to the Freehold Mall, next week. I am just wondering if the Monmouth Mall has Sephora?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:24 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I can't afford it right now, but I've got a couple things on Post-it notes and put them on my hubby's dresser. We'll see if he gets a clue.LOL
Old 12-01-2006, 06:47 AM   #5
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Oh yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE every single one of Laura Mercier's products. I especially love the eye concealers and eye foundations.

Here is what I use daily and how I use it:

1. Undercover under my eyes. I get a little of each color on my middle finger and dab it under my eye. It also acts as a concealer you can use all over your face. LOVE this stuff.

2. Eye Basics on my eyelid as an eye foundation or primer before I put on my eye shadow. This stuff is wonderful. It keeps my eye shadow on ALL DAY and it prevents my eye shadow from creasing or running.

3. All of her Eye Shadows, matte and shimmer alike, are wonderful. And they last FOREVER! I have several different colors of the eye shadow and I've never run out of any of them.

4. I'm not gonna lie...I use El Cheapo Eye Liner and Mascera. My favorite eyeliner is Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner. This stuff is waterproof and it lasts all day and even throughout the night. LOVE it! My favorite mascera is Loreal Panoramic Curl. The main reason I like this mascera is because it is the best one at separating that I've ever tried...and I've tried a lot of them!

5. Sometimes I wear foundation and sometimes I do not. If I DO wear foundation, then I use Oil-Free Foundation Primer. They also have it in Original or Hydrating. Then I use Oil-Free Foundation. The I use Translucent Loose Setting Powder on top of my foundation to seal it all in.

6. If I do not use foundation one day, then I use the Translucent Loose Setting Powder first then use Foundation Powder on top of that.

7. Then, after I use either the foundation or foundation powder, I use blush. Her blush is great, and like all her other products, it lasts FOREVER!

8. All of her lipsticks and lipglosses are fabulous, also. The Lip Glace is my favorite lip gloss because you can use it by itself or on top of lipstick and it stays on ALL DAY LONG! I have a bunch of the colors.

So, that is pretty much it. Here is the main website if you wanna take a look at all her stuff.

http://www.lauramercier.com/shop.php

It is a little pricey, but I'm telling you, it really does last forever and ever. I've been using this makeup for 8 years now and I rarely have to purchase refills....maybe once a year, if that.

If you want to just start out with something to build upon, I would start with the Eye Basics, Undercover, Foundation Primer, Foundation, and Foundation Powder. Those products are fabulous and those are the reason my face looks so flawless. You can start with those products and then just use el-cheapo everything else until you can afford to add on to your collection.

If you try it, LET ME KNOW how you like it!!!!!!!! My mother and grandmother both use this makeup, too.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Carolyn , let me know how you like it once you have tried it.. I will be going to the Freehold Mall, next week. I am just wondering if the Monmouth Mall has Sephora?
Gina I just got back from the mall and Sephora only sells Laura Mercier online. I went to Nordstrom and spent almost $100 on lipstick, secret camouflage and loose powder. The powder puff was $12!! I didn't buy the concealer brush since I have one. She also gave me a sample of the foundation primer. I had no intention on buying lipstick but I saw a great color and they put it on my and I loved it!

I'm going to try what I bought tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
Gina I just got back from the mall and Sephora only sells Laura Mercier online. I went to Nordstrom and spent almost $100 on lipstick, secret camouflage and loose powder. The powder puff was $12!! I didn't buy the concealer brush since I have one. She also gave me a sample of the foundation primer. I had no intention on buying lipstick but I saw a great color and they put it on my and I loved it!

I'm going to try what I bought tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

Carolyn.. So funny I just pmed you about this , I went to the Freehold mall earlier with my daughter and they told me the same thing...lol I was in Nordstroms didnt think to look there for my darling daughter was in a hurry...lol Let me know how you like the secret camouflage I may be going back to the mall, if not I will just order it online...Thanks!

Btw we were probably there at the same time...lol
Old 12-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #8
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Oh yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE every single one of Laura Mercier's products. I especially love the eye concealers and eye foundations.

Here is what I use daily and how I use it:

1. Undercover under my eyes. I get a little of each color on my middle finger and dab it under my eye. It also acts as a concealer you can use all over your face. LOVE this stuff.

2. Eye Basics on my eyelid as an eye foundation or primer before I put on my eye shadow. This stuff is wonderful. It keeps my eye shadow on ALL DAY and it prevents my eye shadow from creasing or running.

3. All of her Eye Shadows, matte and shimmer alike, are wonderful. And they last FOREVER! I have several different colors of the eye shadow and I've never run out of any of them.

4. I'm not gonna lie...I use El Cheapo Eye Liner and Mascera. My favorite eyeliner is Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner. This stuff is waterproof and it lasts all day and even throughout the night. LOVE it! My favorite mascera is Loreal Panoramic Curl. The main reason I like this mascera is because it is the best one at separating that I've ever tried...and I've tried a lot of them!

5. Sometimes I wear foundation and sometimes I do not. If I DO wear foundation, then I use Oil-Free Foundation Primer. They also have it in Original or Hydrating. Then I use Oil-Free Foundation. The I use Translucent Loose Setting Powder on top of my foundation to seal it all in.

6. If I do not use foundation one day, then I use the Translucent Loose Setting Powder first then use Foundation Powder on top of that.

7. Then, after I use either the foundation or foundation powder, I use blush. Her blush is great, and like all her other products, it lasts FOREVER!

8. All of her lipsticks and lipglosses are fabulous, also. The Lip Glace is my favorite lip gloss because you can use it by itself or on top of lipstick and it stays on ALL DAY LONG! I have a bunch of the colors.

So, that is pretty much it. Here is the main website if you wanna take a look at all her stuff.

http://www.lauramercier.com/shop.php

It is a little pricey, but I'm telling you, it really does last forever and ever. I've been using this makeup for 8 years now and I rarely have to purchase refills....maybe once a year, if that.

If you want to just start out with something to build upon, I would start with the Eye Basics, Undercover, Foundation Primer, Foundation, and Foundation Powder. Those products are fabulous and those are the reason my face looks so flawless. You can start with those products and then just use el-cheapo everything else until you can afford to add on to your collection.

If you try it, LET ME KNOW how you like it!!!!!!!! My mother and grandmother both use this makeup, too.

Rebecca thanks for giving such a great testimonal for the makeup . I will definetly try them. Right now I am interested in the concelaor for under the eyes, what shade do you use? I am thinking of buying the med. shade, I see there are two in the compact are they both for undereyes? Rebecca your beautiful whether you wear el cheapo make up or not... Thanks!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #9
Carolyn

Quote:
Carolyn.. So funny I just pmed you about this , I went to the Freehold mall earlier with my daughter and they told me the same thing...lol I was in Nordstroms didnt think to look there for my darling daughter was in a hurry...lol Let me know how you like the secret camouflage I may be going back to the mall, if not I will just order it online...Thanks!

Btw we were probably there at the same time...lol
That's so funny! Maybe we were in Sephora at the same time! LOL!!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #10
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Rebecca thanks for giving such a great testimonal for the makeup . I will definetly try them. Right now I am interested in the concelaor for under the eyes, what shade do you use? I am thinking of buying the med. shade, I see there are two in the compact are they both for undereyes? Rebecca your beautiful whether you wear el cheapo make up or not... Thanks!
I am not too sure what color mine is. I'll have to look when I get home. I use the compact and I get a little of each color on my finger at the same time and dab it with my finger under my eyes. But the secret camoflauge is awesome by itself, too!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #11
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

GINA! I just looked on the website and actually SECRET CONCEALER, not secret camoflauge, is better from under the eyes. Here it is:

http://www.lauramercier.com/products...ret_concealer/

The Secret Concealer goes on better under the eyes than the secret camoflauge. The secret camoflauge is better for imperfections on the rest of your face.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #12
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Well, this thread has convinced me to checkout this makeup. I tried two different brands of the mineral makeups, and they did not work for me.

Rebecca, do you know what products your mother and grandmother use, foundations and powders that is? What type stores carry this makeup? Our town is not very large, so may have to order online.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:52 AM   #13
Carolyn

Well I used the makeup yesterday and I love it! The foundation primer makes your makeup go on so nice. I used the secret camouflage under my eyes and to even out my skin and then I finished with the loose powder and my new lipstick Belle Du Jour.

I had a birthday party yesterday and my best friend told me I looked beautiful!
Old 12-03-2006, 05:27 AM   #14
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Can't figure out what colors to order. The website suggested two shades of foundation, blush ivory and vanilla beige. I may call them tomorrow to see what they recommend. Don't know if they mean to choose from the two or mix the two.

One of the problems with ordering online, and you don't know if your monitor is displaying the actual color or not.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #15
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Marilyn, my mother and grandmother use basically the same products I use:

Foundation Primer -- my mom uses the oil free and my grandmother uses either the original or the hydrating

Foundation

Loose setting powder

Secret Concealer

Secret Camoflauge