4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 10-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
DIANE W

Where is everyone lately??????

I dont know if i am missing something with this site, but although there are a few posts happening every few days, it is very very very quiet.

I have not seen any posts for a while from, Janet, Gayle, Diana, Judy, and others too, I know Lindsey has posted a bit recently, but is it just that everyone has gone quiet with this site, i have never known there to be such a lack of posts.

I miss hearing about everyone, i do understand life goes on...... but it is unusual for here, that the regular folk are not around.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Hey Diane!!! We're around, but with Facebook so strong, not many post here anymore. As for me, I usually check FB first and then by the time I'm done there, I don't feel like reading or posting anymore. I should start here first, but there is never anything going on.

Are you on FB?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
DIANE W

No Janet, i dont bother with Facebook, i just thought the site was fizzling out, i was worried about everyone

My Mottos are....

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
Old 10-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I check here almost every day! I wish it was more active again.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
DIANE W

I do too Lindsey and when i think of how it used to be, it is sad..... when i check in and the post count is 0

I know i am guilty of not always posting so i cant complain really can i?

I just love hearing about everyone, it used to take me ages every day to read.

Maybe it will pick up again, or maybe as Janet said, people prefer to use Facebook now?

My Mottos are....

Old 10-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Hectic life for me at the moment. I do read the post but sometimes I just don't have time to answer. Nothing really exciting going on with me to write about also
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm really busy too, but I'm guilty of checking in and then not posting anything. I've been sooooooooooo busy with my landscaping, almost every evening there is something to do! I bought about 100 plants on Saturday but we couldn't plant them because I got rain over the weekend and the ground was too wet, so I've been hand watering all of them in their containers!!! We placed them where they are to be planted, so I could get an idea of where they actually looked appropriate. I have landscape plans and a very good designer drew the plants into the design, but I changed things around some. FINALLY today, the crew came to start planting. They only got the front bed done and THEN, I had to water all the plants by hand. Because of our drought, I can only water with a sprinkler on Mondays, so I have to water all the plants as they are planted by hand. WHEW! Actually we have a pretty good chance of rain over the weekend, so hopefully it will rain and I won't have to water by hand. All these plants are drought tolerant, so after a few weeks, I can water them once a week on Mondays with the sprinkler and after a few months, I won't have to water them much at all - at least that's my goal.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Gayle, I can't wait to see how your landscaping looks when it's all done!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 10-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
DIANE W

I can't wait too, it sounds lovely Gayle, i just love a nice garden, my garden is not very big, just a lawn and borders at back and decking area, then front is just square lawn and borders all around.

I have to admit though we dont tend the garden ourselves, we have a gardener, he is really good comes every 2 weeks in summer, upto end of Oct, he is very cheap, so it is worth it for us to have him do it.

I get hay fever so cant do it and hubby hates gardening.............. so thats our excuse!!!!!!!!

My Mottos are....

Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I love puttering in the garden! I guess maybe it comes from growing up on a farm. I have access to gardeners, so if I get lazy or sick, I can get someone to do it for me. It's looking so pretty, I'll post pics soon.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #11
Shada

I am one of the ones that come here to read and rarely post...

But I love hearing from everyone and miss the old site!

I am trying to find homes for two kittens. Took in a stray that rewarded me with babies. She had them on the day she was scheduled to be spayed! The vet said she wasn't pregnant and surprised him too.
Hard to find homes for kittens. PLus these are solid black. Bad time of the year for black kitties. People can be so evil!! They are cute cute and seven weeks old. Time to go.... plus my other two cats and dogs lives are disrupted. Mama cat is in killer mood. Not a fun situation.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh no I hope you find good homes soon!

Old 10-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #13
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry that I've been Mia. I'll try to do better! October is our busiest month........Bon fires, hay rack rides, and all the other things that go with them.

I would love to see pictures of your landscaping, Gayle. We're getting frost so I've been bringing plants inside. I can't believe how many I've collected this summer!

Hugs everyone!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
DIANE W

Glad to hear you are ok Diana............ i was worried, not seeing any of your posts of late, i do realise everyone has busy spells.

My Mottos are....