4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

View Poll Results: TAMPONS,PADS OR BOTH?
TAMPONS ONLY 15 40.54%
PADS ONLY 5 13.51%
BOTH 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
Amber_lv

Question Tampons Or Pads?

I was curious ho many women use tampons and how many use pads or how many use both?
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Amber_lv

I use both sometimes but i have a hard time with tampons beacuse they are very painful for me.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
Kimberley

I am a tampon girl...ALL-THE-WAY!!! I can remember pads that were 2 inches thick and they didn't have the sticky stuff on the bottom. You had to pin it in place with safety pins. GROSS! I'll NEVER go back to them!

BUT, just thought, I had to wear them after having kids. There was NO way I was going to use a tamp after that experience!
Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #4
Amber_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley
I am a tampon girl...ALL-THE-WAY!!! I can remember pads that were 2 inches thick and they didn't have the sticky stuff on the bottom. You had to pin it in place with safety pins. GROSS! I'll NEVER go back to them!

BUT, just thought, I had to wear them after having kids. There was NO way I was going to use a tamp after that experience!
LOL your so funny and totally right we just had something come out we certainly don't want to be putting anything back in LOLLOLLOLOLOL
Old 09-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
Kimberley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv
LOL your so funny and totally right we just had something come out we certainly don't want to be putting anything back in LOLLOLLOLOLOL
LMAO!!!!! GIRL! You got that right!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Was a tampon girl. Hysterectomy ended that mess 11 years ago, but I couldn't stand those nasty pads. Yuck!!
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:52 AM   #7
Carolyn

I use both. But mostly just pads at night.
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:32 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:

Oh my goodness....I remember those. They use to have sanitary belts for those pads, but I would also use the safety pins at times. My gosh, I forgot all about those. That kind was the very first I ever used. You know, I remember my very first time. My mom was at work that evening and I "started". I didn't know what to do so I asked my Dad. He was so wonderful. He knew to get the santitary belt and showed me how to attach the pads to it. He was so sensitive and wonderful. He told my mom when she got home and I think she was a little hurt she didn't get to share the experience with me. I'm glad it was my dad.

Now I don't have to worry about that anymore. The hysterectomy was heaven!!!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:50 AM   #9
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Tampons all the way. That is all I use. I don't like the feeling of sitting in my own you know what! Gross!!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:08 AM   #10
Luv2Teach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Tampons all the way. That is all I use. I don't like the feeling of sitting in my own you know what! Gross!!
My thoughts exactly!
Old 09-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
Kimberley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Oh my goodness....I remember those. They use to have sanitary belts for those pads, but I would also use the safety pins at times. My gosh, I forgot all about those. That kind was the very first I ever used. You know, I remember my very first time. My mom was at work that evening and I "started". I didn't know what to do so I asked my Dad. He was so wonderful. He knew to get the santitary belt and showed me how to attach the pads to it. He was so sensitive and wonderful. He told my mom when she got home and I think she was a little hurt she didn't get to share the experience with me. I'm glad it was my dad.

Now I don't have to worry about that anymore. The hysterectomy was heaven!!!
I was 12 years old my first time and it came on Christmas Eve! I was SOOO excited at the time! Now, I PRAY for menopause to come so I can be done and over with this curse!

My mom didn't believe in tampons so from 12 - 17, I used pads. Most of the time, doubling up since my flows were so heavy. Moved out of the house and got me a box of tampons and haven't looked back since!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #12
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
I was 12 years old my first time and it came on Christmas Eve! I was SOOO excited at the time! Now, I PRAY for menopause to come so I can be done and over with this curse!

My mom didn't believe in tampons so from 12 - 17, I used pads. Most of the time, doubling up since my flows were so heavy. Moved out of the house and got me a box of tampons and haven't looked back since!
When I did have periods, I wanted to use tampons so badly, but my uterus was tipped slightly backward and I couldn't use them. I hated those darn pads, plus the fact my periods were heavy and I always had bad cramps. Now, since the hysterectomy all I need is my Premarin. I take the very lowest dose to prevent the hot flashes and night sweats. So becareful what you pray for....LOL. Believe me...those SUCK!!!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #13
BabyNicole

Tampons all day (Playtex Regular), thin pads (Always) at night.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #14
Necee419

I use tampons backed up by a thin pantyliner. I used to use the big bulky pads that felt like you were wearing a diaper. Gross!! Once i learned how to use tampons I've never looked back.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #15
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

My mom and my grandmother (my mom's mom) have both had Hysterectomies. They said it was the BEST thing they've ever done! My grandmother jokes and says that Educationa and hysterectomies are what freed women.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote