4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 01-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Do I know my kid?

Hubby stopped in at the bank today before he left for the week to tell me he'd gotten our daughters car titled and insured, so would be giving her the keys to it today. We'd bought it and had been fixing it up for her in anticipation of her getting her drivers license, which she got just recently. He said he was going to take the extra set of keys with him so they'd be safe.
I said "No, you know she's going to lock the other set in her car and need to be rescued! Please leave them home where I can find them."

A couple hours ago the phone rang...
"Mom, is there a second set of keys for my car?"
"Yes, why?"
"I locked my set in the car and I'm stranded! Could you come rescue me?"

How DID I know?!?
(Yes, she is a natural blonde)
Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Oh Tink, I know exactly what you're going through. My husband is usually the one who loses keys, so we have at least 3 sets of everything and one is in my dresser drawer, hidden from them. So far my son hasn't locked himself out of his car, but he and his dad bought one of those magnetic boxes you put keys in and it's up under the car. Sooo if he did happen to lock himself out of his car, he has another set. You might check into those, I just asked my husband about it and he said they are less than $2.00 in the automotive department (near where they make keys) at Wal Mart. Very good investment.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Smart thinking!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It sounds like you're one smart Mom!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
(Yes, she is a natural blonde)

I take offense to that statement!!!

I can't say much, I've locked my keys in my car a couple times and needed to be rescued. I can't remember if it was me or my sister, but one day after church my mom was strapping one of us into a car seat and whoever it was got the keys away from her and she closed the door, and effectively locked her baby in the car

Those magnetic boxes are good if you can hide them well enough. Car thieves look for those and if they find them then bye bye car or personal effects in the car.

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #6
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
I take offense to that statement!!!

I can't say much, I've locked my keys in my car a couple times and needed to be rescued. I can't remember if it was me or my sister, but one day after church my mom was strapping one of us into a car seat and whoever it was got the keys away from her and she closed the door, and effectively locked her baby in the car

Those magnetic boxes are good if you can hide them well enough. Car thieves look for those and if they find them then bye bye car or personal effects in the car.
It was your sister, Meliss'. I don't think I was even pregnant with you yet. I had the keys in my mouth, and she reached up and grabbed them. I forgot the doors were locked when I shut the door. It was a very hot day, so I ran inside the church building for help. The preacher grabbed a coat hanger from the baptistry and headed out the the parking lot with me and several people following. He very easily unlocked the car with the coat hanger, and everyone gave him a hard time about what he must have been up to before going to preaching school. It was humorous after the fact, but very scarry at the time.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #7
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
LOL Marilyn and Lissa...

You 2 are so normal and wonderful!
I'd love to have you both for neighbors.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #8
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
LOL Marilyn and Lissa...

You 2 are so normal and wonderful!
I'd love to have you both for neighbors.
Thank you, Tink. We'd love to be your neighbors, too, but you'd have to move down here. -4 for a high is waaaayyy too cold for us.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote